Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Issue With Transfer of Account Data

Issue With Transfer of Account Data

I haven't played CABAL for some time. Matter of fact, the last time I played the game was still being hosted by OGP. Now I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct place to pose this question but hopefully I guessed right.

So what I'm wondering about are missing items. I had a lot more in my inventory and warehouse when I stopped playing for a while and when I logged in almost half my stuff was gone along with all of my Alz; over 4 mill that I'd been saving to help my lower level toons get a better start. Can anyone tell my why all my Alz is gone? I don't really care about the items because I can just gather all that stuff again but it's gonna make things hard for my level 78 as I've got 0 Alz and I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the "new" interface - what I get for being gone so long but that's besides the point.

So yeah, I just want to know what happened. I'll work and re-earn everything but it kinda bugs me if I'm only one of a few people who've had this happen. [Might be enough of a reason for me to restart from scratch though.]
    Last edited by Zansatsu; 08-29-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Well...yes and no. This isn't really a technical issue on your end, but it has to do with the mass hacking that occurred during(and shortly after) the switch to EST from OGP. If you really want your items and alz back you should send in a help desk ticket and hope for the best. Also no your not alone because many players got hacked as well. Some even lost their characters and what not. Be thankful you still have yours. Anyways, immediately change your password and sub pass'.

If you really need money i'm sure someone in the cabal community would be happy to loan you some(on mercury atleast, i dont know about venus) or you could go farm different mobs.
    ~sorry about the loss~
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"

Didn't know about the hacking; been gone that long. I was on Venus server but I'm loath to ask for hand-outs regardless. [I did try to ask some people about this in-game but no one responded so I'm going to assume the friendly element just isn't really there, at least for the time being.] Thanks for the suggestions. I may place a ticket later today when I have more time.

GL with placing a ticket. the GM are slow to respond on that part. Start a new character/account and get back in to cabal buddy =)

Well its easier then waiting for divine intervention i guess.
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

I went ahead and submitted a ticket. I'll give it a little time before I do anything else. Thanks again guys.

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    OK, seeing as I'm back, it looks like I outta clear some things up. First off, Shadow's theory is correct. OGP, after agreeing to transfer the game to ESTSoft, no longer felt compelled to give our account data sufficient protection. (Jerks. My account is still in limbo till the GM's finish the character transfer system they are working on.) There seems to be two types of hacks that resulted from this. The first kind is where the hacker waited until ESTSoft got their servers running, then transferred the account data to a bogus account. (This is my problem.) The second is where the hackers got on to your account, and then decided that it was of no use to them except looting it for alz and items. The Help Desk is, unfortunately, incapable of returning your lost items. I am afraid that they are gone for good. At least you still have your levels and a decent character to play on though.

Well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all. Just relax and have fun. It's pretty easy to get money. My level forty-six FB (Took four days) already has six mil. I would say see ya around, but I'm on Mercury too. lol

~Sicon112
    Last edited by Sicon112; 08-30-2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

Thanks for giving me the answers I really needed. As a side note, I thought I'd update everyone who tried to help on things as I checked all my alts. The hacker took all my good items [aside from the rings I had, the mats needed to produce stuff, and the the DT cards I had] from my warehouse. Also took the armor sets I had sitting on my characters that they were close to being able to wear. The final thing missing is all my money; but this is all stuff you guys have probably assumed would be the case. Here's the interesting turn of events.

The hacker left the armor on all my characters with the exception of my FS. The armor he took from my FS was lower end and not worth as much as the armor on my main. [Kinda odd if you ask me.] So looking through all my characters the only one missing clothes is the FS so I check on his inventory last thinking everything will have been stripped. Everyone else still has all their pots, return stones, and stuff like that and when I go to check on the FS I find out he still has all that stuff and then I look down and BAM! He's still got a good chunk of funds on him. The one they took the armor from is the one they left me money one. O.O

I'm happy. This means I can rebuild a little easier now. Lol.

As a final note, the armor on my FS can be bougth in the shop in Port Lux, and probably in others but I can't remember. It's easy to obtain so it makes no sense to take it. [Didn't even have any of the + stats on it unlike the characters the hacker didn't strip down.] So yeah, I feel a lot better now.

WOW that is weird lol...either your hacker rides the short bus, or EST REALLY loves to mess with you...
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon