Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get into Cabal no matter what

Unhappy Can't get into Cabal no matter what

Hi, I know about a bajillion people have the same problem, but I've just gotta figure out what's wrong.

So, a classmate refers me to this MMO, and I'm really wanting to try it out. However, when I try to start up CABAL, I click START CABAL on the launcher, and when I look at the Task Manager Processes, I see cabalmain.exe come up, and ranging from almost instantly to a few seconds later, it disappears. GameGuard never comes up. I've tried everything, checking files, adding Cabal and GameGuard to my security and firewall, having my security and firewall OFF, reinstalling, and even using my classmate's client which works on his computer and worked on the computer at school. Nothing ever comes up on my computer. What is going on?!

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit if that helps any.

Alrighty! Sorry for the delay but i been held up with school and what not.
    Hm..Someone had the same problem a few days ago. Try uninstalling cabal and using THIS helpful tool(no i'm not advertising it) to clean your registry and wipe cabal off the face of your computer. Then re-install and run as admin.
    ~Should work, but if it doesn't keep posting~
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"

Unfortunately, I don't even know how to clean the registry of the cabal files. I've never used CCleaner before.

Just go on CCleaner, and click the "Clean" button thing next to analyze.

Ok, I clean out the registry, along with a crap ton of other stuff and...

nothing. Still no sign of anything happening after clicking Start. I'm gonna try and see if adding it as an exception to DEP will do anything.

EDIT: ...Holy crap, adding CabalMain.exe to the Data Execution Prevention Exception list made GameGuard show up. I think that was the solution all along!

EDIT #2: Yes, I have found the solution. If you're running at least Windows 7 and have Data Execution Prevention set to be on for all programs except for those you list, make sure to add cabalmain.exe to the exception list.
    Last edited by ChrisHighwind; 09-02-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Found possible solution

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    Thanks for the tip Chris. We will mention that to anyone with your problem.

~Sicon112
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

No problem. I'm at Level 7 now and enjoying the game

Sometimes you'll get security warnings or randomly disconnected from the server (almost certainly if you enter ic2) but if this happens, sometimes you are unable to open Cabal. All you need to do is retart your computer if this happens to you. Enjoy Cabal, Chris. xP

See i tried that but then when i open the client it says thing like " cabal cannot be opened BECAUSE its in the DEP thing." ive tried almost everything to get my game to start working but nothing has been working so far...

Iam going to try the CC cleaner thing and see if it works. The last time i tried opening my game the loading screen popped up but after a lil bit it just returned to my desktop again <.<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast