o.O I haven't posted any screen shots.
    you quoted screenies, muh bad =P

Quote Originally Posted by Roopo View Post
    you quoted screenies, muh bad =P
    Ohh, I see. xD

back when I played

martial = pve
    retarded hard to get forcium = pvp

I was a 150(ish?) mfa and was able to be bringer the one week I tried and solo penna/derk/tank.

I was also poor as hell. I had low resources being a guild leader of a medium sized guild. If you are in a similar situation, you can't go wrong with MFA as long as you know what you are doing.

Battle FA takes much less skill but has much MUCH less potential

my2cents

(note: opinions expressed in this post are the opinions of an old school cabawler that knows nothing about the updates that have occurred in the last year)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanUc2 View Post
    Battle FA takes much less skill but has much MUCH less potential
    agreed. Why even attempt to have defense on such a wimpy class? Master fade/dash(thats where the skills come in) and sting like a bee with mfa.

I like the concept of mFA but is it really worth losing all of that defense for PvE when compared to battle forcium? I had a chance to try out the event epaulet which adds 200 defense and 600 HP for a while.

With it on I was sitting on about 2900 HP and 830 defense. Even with that much defense and around 880 m.atk (I'm still kind of a newbie) and very little amp SoD was pretty challenging. It wasn't so much that it was crazy hard but there were definitely a few spots where my life was very low, and a number of fights where I know if I didn't have that extra HP and defense I would have had to stop attacking to heal myself and potentially wait before starting a boss unless the enhanced heal buff was ready.

One could say the bonuses you gain from magic are countered by having to stop DPSing to heal and always spam potions / possibly die. SoD in the grand scheme of things is also a joke in terms of gear checks. How are you guys with mFA soloing the harder dungeons (I haven't tried them personally)?

Are you doing this with just 2x Vamp Earrings, 1x Vamp Neck, 1x 5% HP ring, and an EoS + 2x BoS?

Yes, it's all because of vamp. You can vamp really efficiently spamming fast casting skills such as crit shot or shadow shot. Throw in a gravity when the mobs can be stunned. mFA soloes FT1 pretty easy later on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is that all of the Vamp gear required though? That is what I use now (all +2 version, class 6 honor) and I'm not an mFA (lack of funds ) but my defense is pretty similar to one. If I just 1v1 a boss in SoD using all fast casting skills I take WAY more damage than I leech back. I might hit a boss for a 2000 crit and leech 60 or 70 back but the boss is hitting me for 500-700 damage non-stop.

Also is it possible to solo dungeons after FT1 for any class/gear combo?

It should be fine with a vamp +4 ammy and +4 vamp earrings. Really also depends on your level i guess, SoD is easy once you are 140.
    Soloing anything after FT1 is hard for any class unless you are really geared, since those are normally the strictly party dungeons.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my personal opinion of FA and def is that to to anything up to ft2, all you need is at least 600 if you vamp correctly.

My tank solo was at around 630 def (no flee pots, just amp+magic).

All i worked about was my magic attack, amp, and vamp (including hp). I was literally under 550 def for a long time and could easily roll with the big boys

don't let anyone convince you that FA need def. Try it out yourself and see what you think.

Shadow Titanium
    end game battle is better end of thread

how many times do u g2 re make or ask the same question i dont see any FA walking around in martial forcium(cause they cant wear it obviously)? case closed

if u didnt understand what i said then let me simplify it

forc amp > martial osm amp

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast