Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: What in the world?

What in the world?

So this morning I got on Cabal and everything ran just fine. I get off and I get back on an a bit later and it wont let me on? Whenever I click on Cabal on my desktop, the launcher pops up and in the bottom left corner it says "failed to download server information. restart launcher ple" and that's all it says o.0 is there some kind of server check going on or what?

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    Well, this has been known to happen because of server issues, or because of corrupted registry files. Also, it has inexplicably happened to me before, but vanished when I rebooted.

Just uninstall CABAL, then delete any remaining files in the CABAL folder except screenshots. Just move that to your desktop. Then go here and download the program on that page. I already virus scanned it, so there are no troubles there. When you have installed the program, go to the registry cleaning function, have it scan for issues, then press the correct all issues. Then reinstall CABAL. No need to re-download: as the error just now sprung up the installer files are not corrupted. That should fix CABAL, as well as make your computer boot faster.

~Sicon112
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

Well I did what you said step by step and it still gives me the same message =/ would a system recovery fix it? Ive got nothing valuable to save anyways.

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    How odd. You could system restore if you want, but the chance remains that that will do nothing. It could still be an issue on their end. What to do next is up to you. I'll try and think up some more ideas.

~Sicon112
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

Ah well thank you very much anyways.

~Well I did a system recovery and the game patched just fine. Thank you for the help Sicon =)
    Last edited by zoro1236; 09-04-2010 at 07:06 AM.