Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When are they updating the subpw unblock thingy?

Banned

When are they updating the subpw unblock thingy?

A G.M told me they are going to make it so you can unblock your acc when it was blocked due to incorrectly inputting your subpw.. he said it would be released soon, but its been like 3 days now.
    anyone know when its going to actually come?

Its only been 3 days. Give it time. These types of things are more complicated to implement then you might think.

Red-Osmium
    how can they pull off unblocking ur acc urself lol

o.o

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAlpha View Post
    how can they pull off unblocking ur acc urself lol
    Seriously, you're asking the developers of the game(ESTsoft) how they can pull something off? When and if they bring such a page up I can imagine it will ask for something like your security question and answer.
    Last edited by CNJRP; 04-11-2010 at 09:39 PM.
    Venus

Red-Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by CNJRP View Post
    Seriously, you're asking the developers of the game(ESTsoft) how they can pull something off? When and if they bring such a page up I can imagine it will ask for something like your security question and password.
    ur security question already exists in the sub pass function, and ur password? the point of sub pass is so dat they dont get pass ur acc if they know ur password

Shadow Titanium
    ur security question already exists in the sub pass function, and ur password? the point of sub pass is so dat they dont get pass ur acc if they know ur password
    Security question and answer, not password(typo). I may be wrong but the security question and answer for the site is different than that of the sub-password on the character selection screen. Either way, one or both would be sufficient in my opinion.

I could imagine the steps for unblocking an account would go something like this.

1) User enters invalid sub-password five times (who knows why, drunk, tired, or coming back from a long break).
    2) The user goes to the site and verifies that it is indeed their account and that they want to unblock by providing information (security question, security answer, registered email, etc).
    3) A confirmation email is sent to the registered email with a link to unblock the account or warning the user of an attempt to unblock the account.
    4) Account unblocked.

With a system like that, in order for a stranger to unblock their account they would need to know the security question, security answer, registered email, and even the password the the email address. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by CNJRP; 04-11-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    Venus

Red-Osmium
    lol reread ur post before clicking the post button lol, it would be nice to hav the system u sed

Shadow Titanium
    lol reread ur post before clicking the post button lol, it would be nice to hav the system u sed
    Tired and had a long day, can't be helped.
    Venus

Red-Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by CNJRP View Post
    Tired and had a long day, can't be helped.
    go to sleep lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast