Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't block on-screen shouts?

Can't block on-screen shouts?

I have turned off all messaging in my settings, but I am still getting some really annoying and obnoxious chat stuff popping up in the middle of my screen. It seems to be people wanting to sell/trade items.

How is it that this stuff still shows when I have unchecked all the boxes in chat settings? I just want to play the game solo (for now) and it just started and is bothering me a lot.

So much that, if I can't get it to stop I will quit playing.

Any ideas?

it is bringer shout
    there is no way to block them

....try changing your camera angle....i dont even really notice or pay attention to bringer shouts, nor is it in the way since it is at the top of the screen............

Quote Originally Posted by Trouvo View Post
    ....try changing your camera angle....i dont even really notice or pay attention to bringer shouts, nor is it in the way since it is at the top of the screen............
    Even though I have a large display (28") at high res it is still VERY MUCH in the way.

What the hell are bringers and why do they get to ignore my settings?

Bringers = top player (according to game) in their class for your nation, their shout is broadcast to all members of their nation, unless you go nuetral no way to get around them, however obnoxious they may become, such is the cost of having a nation
    Procyon all the way!
    Titan Server
    Hannah2
    14x Procyon Force Archer

Back where I belong

Last Resort recruiting: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...ort-recruiting
    oQSweetSerenityQo - lost after the merge
    Last Resort - died and moved on
    Simplicity - GM rage quit....
    Asterisk - got boring
    Why do all the Guild Leaders for the best guilds I've been in disappear on me?

Youd quit the game because a few words block your screen? LOL WOW

I agree with you and everyone else though. Those messages are in annoying. I dont wanna point anyone out (DaSmexy), but its stupid when you start getting into a friendly conversation with SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS A BRINGER.

They are a good way for trading though.

Quote Originally Posted by mattey View Post

I agree with you and everyone else though. Those messages are in annoying. I dont wanna point anyone out (DaSmexy), but its stupid when you start getting into a friendly conversation with SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS A BRINGER.
    That's all that was needed to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by MyForumIsFISHIN View Post
    That's all that was needed to be said.
    Mb for venting

Quote Originally Posted by mattey View Post

As a matter of fact, yes I would. Especially when those words are LARGER THAN ANY OTHERS ON THE FREAKING SCREEN and every item they are offering are worthless to me for another 50 levels or so.
    That is a bull feature that serves none but a select few. WTF is wrong with a chat channel that is (like all the others) able to be turned off if I choose.

I would hate to do that since I have grown to like this game, but let's face it - there are plenty of other games available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast