Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Priest Class, the ruler of Support Magic (Idea)

Quote Originally Posted by >.> View Post
    i would rather not see any priest class like this

Well not everybody thinks like you. And if Val and Fishy says it was a creative idea, and they where great about it, then it would have potential to be a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Val made a few really good points, but id just like to add a few of my own. First of all, FA already have the curse remove thing (which I thinks its cooldown needs to be GREATLY increased......seeing FAs just spam it like water is ridiculous, appalling and absolutely childish. they dont even use it on allies), and BL have the resist debuffs, so those skills shouldnt be needed on a new class. Plus, I think that last attack skill is a little too overpowered imo.....just a tad bit, especially a 60 second stun. the highest ive ever seen is 8 (although the FI boss has a 20 second or something -.-). That and I don't see the self sacrifice in self sacrifice mode....maybe if you could heal others at the cost of your own HP that'd be a good offset for such a drastic increase in healing ability. That and this class, while yes a very......creative idea, seems so over the top healing wise that I dont think anyone would use it. at all. as it is, so very few FA actually use heal that i start to wonder if many dropped AoH for one of the new trans skills. Pretty sad imo. Their heals are amazing. And to touch on the rule of the classes and armor types, if they were to make a new class, it'd need to have a counterpart class and they'd need to create a new armor type. Just a few observations. Maybe with some major reworking of the idea of the class, you could get a better support for it, but even then, i doubt it'll happen.

Thank you for your input. I do have to say the FA, like when I commented on Val, they lack to much. Though the Remove Curse is only for Immoble, and not other debuffs that we'd like to remove. And sure, the BL have the resist debuff thing, but the other classes dont, so they need someone to remove them manually. Which then the Priest would come in. The 60 sec stun is not to over powering, as it has 2 downsides to the skill. It makes you immoble, and does 0 damage. So you cant do much as you think. Now, you may be right about about the BM1. It would be more accurate to sacrafice HP for the high -% in Healing. I will work on that then to make it like that. The Trans attack skill isnt too over powering, as it has a large cooldown time, and it has no special Down/stun/etc like all the newer Trans skills they have. Now those are over powered like, Seal of Damnation with its -resist crit rate/dmg. Lastly, for the new gear, there is a counterpart class I am working, as I mentioned in Val's comment. Its called the "Naturist". I wont tell what it is just yet, as it is still under developement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    son, i am proud.
    Despite the revival skill, i think this is a great idea. But shouldn't they have more dexterity? priest classes should always do poop damage.

Thank you for your imput. For the Dex, no they do not need that much. Just like the wiz, its not a nessisary stat to increase. And the priest does do low damage, but those low damage skills have a side effect of stun/knock back/down, making them more efficant for parties to attack the enemy(s). The last Tran skills is a spell that makes up for the low damage they do, into a more powerful attack. Downside of it, the cooldown is long to recharge.

While this is an interesting suggestion, the fact is the game has a support class and it's an FA.

You said in another response that FA's are lacking.
    I don't think the problem is with the class itself, the problem with FA is the people who play it. They ignore that it is a support class and play it like any other class.
    It's a hybrid class that can stand its own in pvp, but what happens? People use it for only pvp instead.
    FAs are very much capable of keeping a party healed and buffed. Those capabilities might not be as extensive as other MMO support classes, but this MMO has different classes in general.
    I've once been in a dungeon where the FA actively buffed and supported, and it was one of the best dungeon runs I had been to. I didn't die once and I'm a squishy FB (I think only two people died in the whole run).
    However, that was only ONE out of many dungeons and leveling parties I have been in.
    Meaning that it's hard to find an FA that is even willing to support the group more than doing DPS.
    I mean, even in another suggestion thread on this forum, an FA said she was stingy with heals and buffs, and if someone couldn't stay alive it wasn't her problem.
    Then what the hell are all her healing and support skills for?

Basically, this game isn't really designed for an all support class. It's designed more around pvp. It's very competitive and people are unwilling to help others.
    A lot of people forget that it's an MMO and would much rather solo and do things themselves. So what would be the motivation for someone to play an all support class on a game that is centered around flashy skills and pvp gear?

The Lady has Spoken

SomewhereWhereItRainsAlot, Washington, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentM View Post
    While this is an interesting suggestion, the fact is the game has a support class and it's an FA.

You said in another response that FA's are lacking.
    I don't think the problem is with the class itself, the problem with FA is the people who play it. They ignore that it is a support class and play it like any other class.
    It's a hybrid class that can stand its own in pvp, but what happens? People use it for only pvp instead.
    FAs are very much capable of keeping a party healed and buffed. Those capabilities might not be as extensive as other MMO support classes, but this MMO has different classes in general.
    I've once been in a dungeon where the FA actively buffed and supported, and it was one of the best dungeon runs I had been to. I didn't die once and I'm a squishy FB (I think only two people died in the whole run).
    However, that was only ONE out of many dungeons and leveling parties I have been in.
    Meaning that it's hard to find an FA that is even willing to support the group more than doing DPS.
    I mean, even in another suggestion thread on this forum, an FA said she was stingy with heals and buffs, and if someone couldn't stay alive it wasn't her problem.
    Then what the hell are all her healing and support skills for?

Basically, this game isn't really designed for an all support class. It's designed more around pvp. It's very competitive and people are unwilling to help others.
    A lot of people forget that it's an MMO and would much rather solo and do things themselves. So what would be the motivation for someone to play an all support class on a game that is centered around flashy skills and pvp gear?

Id give you a +, but there isnt a number that I could even think of to properly show how much I approve of this and your mentioning's of real FAs who know how to support ^_^
    10mWasted
    TheWishmaster
    Lv 18x - Force Blader
    Knight of Protection
    "You were given root for two reasons: to catch your fish and so she can't get away" R.I.P. Mysti

Banned
    1 shot material

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WIpwns View Post
    1 shot material
    +1

Shadow Titanium
    cabal hasnt had a new class in 6 years

probability of it getting a new class in this game = 0
    he once thought he made a mistake, but was mistaken.
    he once visited a psychic... to warn her.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    cabal hasnt had a new class in 6 years

probability of it getting a new class in this game = 0
    >hasnt had a new class in 6 years

>in 6 years

>6

cabal hasn't been around this long.

Banned
    lol'ing "6 year"

kakakka

Shadow Titanium
    the game got started at end of 2004 =) i remember it because that's when i graduated from high school.

although not many people here would know about that, but it was hosted as a global release by gamengame.com temporarily as a promotion to introduce cabal to potentially interested companies to host it worldwide

im pretty sure old timers like goughghan can tell you about that as well.
    Last edited by Havoc; 09-22-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    he once thought he made a mistake, but was mistaken.
    he once visited a psychic... to warn her.

SomewhereWhereItRainsAlot, Washington, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    the game got started at end of 2004 =) i remember it because that's when i graduated from high school.

although not many people here would know about that, but it was hosted as a global release by gamengame.com temporarily as a promotion to introduce cabal to potentially interested companies to host it worldwide

im pretty sure old timers like goughghan can tell you about that as well.
    You is ancient son. +1
    10mWasted
    TheWishmaster
    Lv 18x - Force Blader
    Knight of Protection
    "You were given root for two reasons: to catch your fish and so she can't get away" R.I.P. Mysti

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast