Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabal Update File Error

Quote Originally Posted by iNub View Post
    You're exactly right. Kaspersky does a lot of ga\y shi/t like that, but game is redownloaded and reinstalled and still spitting back this error. So I need to turn off Kaspersky, start Cabal, then reactivate Kaspersky?

And no, Kaspersky (at least not my version) doesn't let you exclude whole files or folders. You can choose to "ignore" certain instances occasionaly, but not the backdoor.win32.wallop.ha. Kaspersky wants to nuke that. No way around it if Kaspersky is running. I'm going to try and stop anti-virus then run Cabal and see what happens.
    Wish I had known this earlier today before I spent 5 hours redownloading it and now updating it, but.....

If you disable Kaspersky, then run Cabal. It will load the start-up window. This "eng_imgrepository.dll" crap didn't start coming up until this morning, but I do get random DC a lot and I notice Eod B1F is... Sketchy. When you're in the room to choose the 3 doors, when you walk on the narrow path towards a door I sometimes just randomly glitch to the begining of the dungeon as if I had chosen the wrong door; but I haven't even clicked it yet. I also find it hard sometimes to even find a path to the door. I need to strafe left and right and click around a bit before I can get on the path, as if something is in the way. I also got this epic SS of Anelion glitched outside of the entire dungeon. If this happens you can fix it by simply stepping away from her so she's forced to move closer to attack you. (You can't hit her when she's on the other side of the wall).

Did you restart kaspersky?

I was never d/cing or lagging outside of the normal (d/cing is a never) but I was only on for about 45 mins before I had to leave.
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by meep49 View Post
    Did you restart kaspersky?

I was never d/cing or lagging outside of the normal (d/cing is a never) but I was only on for about 45 mins before I had to leave.
    Yes. You can start Cabal with Kaspersky turned off, and then activate it again. After a while though, it decides that imprego.dll or watever is a Trojan and closes Cabal. Kaspersky wants you to delete the file (you aren't given any other options. Can't fix it or ignore it.) Then you can't run Cabal until you turn Kaspersky off again.

Thumbs down

Yes. You can start Cabal with Kaspersky turned off, and then activate it again. After a while though, it decides that imprego.dll or watever is a Trojan and closes Cabal. Kaspersky wants you to delete the file (you aren't given any other options. Can't fix it or ignore it.) Then you can't run Cabal until you turn Kaspersky off again.
    ~UPDATE~

I ch hopped probably 30 times... Um.. Maybe more like 40 - 45 times. And Cabal froze and I had to close it. (I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many channels you can log into in a set period of time?), but of course that was a mistake because now I need to probably download Cabal AGAIN. I uninstalled Cabal and reinstalled (w/ Kaspersky "turned off"? I just deactivate the Def Protection and File Protection that pretty much turns it off. I know it gives me an note saying it needs to be fixed XD).

And then I try to run Cabal (Kaspersky still "off") and I get the error again about the "eng_imgrepository.dll" (I've seen it so many times now that I've got it memorized ffs and as a narcoleptic, I'm doing good to remember anything at all. @.@)

I forgot to mention that I have found the file / program / whatever exclusion list in Kaspersky. I went in there and added this to the exclusions: "C:/Program Files (x86)/CABAL Online (US)" and I told it to also exlude all sub-folders in that directory. But obviously, if that stopped the "eng_imgrepository.dll" error I wouldn't be on here. . .

Kaspersky works good. Too good. Damn you Kaspersky. Damn you all to hell.

~~~~UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE IF YOU ONLY READ 1 POST HERE, READ THIS ONE~~~~

If you're running Kaspersky Anti-Virus then you're getting an error when you attempt to start Cabal that looks like this:

YOU CAN GET AROUND THIS, HERE IS HOW!!!!!!!!!

Yea meng, you can't beat the system. Uninstall Cabal or Kaspersky, whichever you favor less because these two are just not meant to be. ;D
    Last edited by iNub; 09-22-2010 at 02:51 AM.

No really though, you can stop Kaspersky. Wait about 10min or so for it to acknowledge what you want it to do. Then you can run Cabal. Problem is, as mentioned before, once you turn Kaspersky back on it's going to delete "eng_imgrepository.dll" and you will have to uninstall / reinstall / reupdate Cabal every single time you close it.

I've added the entire folder to the exceptions list and that doesn't help. If you're feeling bra... Nah, stupid. Then Kaspersky has an option you can select in the exclusions menu to ignore threat types. You can tell it to exclude Trojans. This means that if you ever did pick up a "real" one, you're probably gonna lose your account anyway. However, Cabal shouldn't close due to "eng_imgfmlfilew/e".

That's just a theory though. It still might delete the file, but I'm leaving it up to you guys to test it.

I apologize if your monitor doesn't support this resolution. It's time for an update, meng:

As you can see, I have the entire folder excluded, but Kaspersky really doesn't want me to have that file. All you can do is disable Kaspersky.

kernel mode memory patch is safe. It's just a file for mutimedia keyboards so if you're keyboard isn't working, you probably deleted that file.
    Last edited by iNub; 09-22-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    Wish I had known this earlier today before I spent 5 hours redownloading it and now updating it, but.....

If you disable Kaspersky, then run Cabal. It will load the start-up window. This "eng_imgrepository.dll" crap didn't start coming up until this morning, but I do get random DC a lot and I notice Eod B1F is... Sketchy. When you're in the room to choose the 3 doors, when you walk on the narrow path towards a door I sometimes just randomly glitch to the begining of the dungeon as if I had chosen the wrong door; but I haven't even clicked it yet. I also find it hard sometimes to even find a path to the door. I need to strafe left and right and click around a bit before I can get on the path, as if something is in the way. I also got this epic SS of Anelion glitched outside of the entire dungeon. If this happens you can fix it by simply stepping away from her so she's forced to move closer to attack you. (You can't hit her when she's on the other side of the wall).
    I get stuck on the room of trial paths all the time. Just click on the portal and your character will walk strait to it and ignore the invisible walls. I really would like to see that SS. I get Ice Babas glitched outside of the dungeon all the time, but it has never happened to Anelion before.

As for all this trouble with Kaspersky... thank God that I have Nod32. A very NICE version of Nod32. A version that does whatever I tell it to do.

Actually, now that I think about it, Nod32 does what I tell it to because I set it to "Interactive Mode" or something. It orders it to ask me before doing just about anything. It was annoying the first week or so, but I've slowly built up a set of rules for it to follow, so it doesn't bother me so often now. Do you think there might be a setting similar to that on Kaspersky?

~Sicon112
    Last edited by Sicon112; 09-22-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

>.< dam it Kaspersky is evil. Also with the issue in eod i have found that fading to the door can also bypass this retarded invisible wall garbage

i went to post the anelion SS, but i had to uninstall / reinstall Cabal so Kaspersky would stop having a fit. I forgot to move the pic from the folder. pisses me off so i'm gon try to move the folder to the desktop and take a SS see if it still goes to that folder or if it gets dumped somewhere else. -.- it was certainly epic tho. Anelion outside the dungeon lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast