Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabal Update File Error

Exclamation Cabal Update File Error

I have a different problem. When I run Cabal, I get this message:

Restarting the program nor my computer helps. I uninstalled Cabal completely and reinstalled it and I still get that message.

This is a file that Cabal downloads to load the screen at the begining where you need to click "START".
    Last edited by iNub; 09-21-2010 at 01:26 PM.

I uninstalled again and in the process of downloading again. The original download I had was from OGP days, but the file update converter fixer-upper didn't help either. Only 5 more hours before I know if this is even going to help. Any other solutions?

The latest update for Kaspersky released a virus DAT with Backdoor.Win32.Wallop.ha. "http://na.info.cabal.com/Update/files_2/pure/eng_imgrepository.dll" updates gets tagged as a trojan and blocked/deleted

i lag and d/c sooo much it not funny anymore,every few minutes everything freezes and i have no idea how to fix it,any suggestions

I got the same problem, until this file gets fixed, I'm playing something else.

*Update* Tried making an exclusion for this file in the virus scan, it stops the DL and deletes it.

Kaspersky wants me to have a real life
    Last edited by Dave Nothere; 09-21-2010 at 04:04 PM.

I'm getting the exact same problem, the only thing I can do is temporarily shut down Kasperski, let it update then start game, then reactivate kasperski, which deletes the file after you close cabal.
    Hi!

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    I'm not familiar with that program, but shouldn't there be a way to forcibly exclude the entire game folder from scans? I mean, every other AV has it. Are you saying that it ignores exclusion commands? If you are having issues downloading it, then you can just turn off the program while you download and install, then order it to exempt the entire CABAL folder. That's the surest way to go.

~Sicon112
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nothere View Post
    The latest update for Kaspersky released a virus DAT with Backdoor.Win32.Wallop.ha. "http://na.info.cabal.com/Update/files_2/pure/eng_imgrepository.dll" updates gets tagged as a trojan and blocked/deleted
    You're exactly right. Kaspersky does a lot of ga\y shi/t like that, but game is redownloaded and reinstalled and still spitting back this error. So I need to turn off Kaspersky, start Cabal, then reactivate Kaspersky?

And no, Kaspersky (at least not my version) doesn't let you exclude whole files or folders. You can choose to "ignore" certain instances occasionaly, but not the backdoor.win32.wallop.ha. Kaspersky wants to nuke that. No way around it if Kaspersky is running. I'm going to try and stop anti-virus then run Cabal and see what happens.

There usually is, when an unexcluded program activates the AV will usually ask if you want to continue, in this case it starts as normal, goes to the update where it gets instantly smacked down with no input from the person, showing a little window displaying what it did, from that window there are no options to exclude it. (with Kasperski anyway)
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by iNub View Post
    So I need to turn off Kaspersky, start Cabal, then reactivate Kaspersky?
    yes, the actual process is:
    1.)turn off Kasperski
    2.)activate cabal let it update and start the game

you may want to be in window mode because about 15 minutes later Kasperski will spaz out and want you to restart the computer (which you can deny)
    Hi!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast