Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabal Login Errors (READ IF YOU ARE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS)

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    Thanks for starting this! I've got a sudden influx of help here in the tech support forums, what with you and [GM] Harlequin. Just so people know, the first thing that you should do when getting the error where CABAL or GameGuard fails to initiate, causeing it to sit there and do nothing, is reboot. I get it all the time, and as far as I can tell, it can be caused by random bit errors. They get erased when you reboot.

~Sicon12
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

Could restarting be avoided? Just turn off Kaspersky then continue down your list?
    Hi!

Thanks iNub I owe you a cookie

90% of the time, initialization fail is because gamemon.des is closing after gameguard.des closes, (not establishing connection to gameguard servers), this is sure way to identify why that .erl error pops up on client start.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

iNub, I never had any issues with Cabal, my technical abilities allowed me to fix any issues that might have appeared and even be offered a job as Technical Support GM for Cabal. I've seen such errors on a daily basis, and they all got fixed (with my support or via user knowledge). My post was not about me having a problem, it was about a fix which has nothing to do (apparently) with the issue itself. Changing from regular file to read-only fixes a connectivity/stability issue caused by file integrity ? Cmon ... really now.

Yes I can get on the forum, yes I can report problems with Cabal EU (since I'm from Europe) and yes I obviously got Internet. No, I don't have any GG and AV issues, and no, I'm not spamming garbage as you kindly name it. Just because you do not want to see the logic in it doesn't quite make it litter. I'd appreciate it if you'd show some respect, I didn't come here to mock your work, I'm just trying to see the logic in the fix.
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 09-22-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meep49 View Post
    Could restarting be avoided? Just turn off Kaspersky then continue down your list?
    If you get the "eng_imgrepository.dll" error then to my knowledge, you do need to reboot.

If you get the error about gameguard doing something stupid with ".ERL" files and it closes Cabal and then asks you if you want to send an error report to some place then you do this:

On the bottom right you'll see the gameguard icon (blue box with an arrow pointing up), mouse over that after gameguard closes Cabal and the icon will be removed.

(The program isn't running anyway, but for whatever reason the icon will remain there until you try to use it. You do need to make sure you mouse over it though and get it out of there before you restart Cabal or it will spit back another error and close Cabal AGAIN. And then the 3rd time you start Cabal it should be fine.)

You don't need to restart your computer 99 / 100 times if it's only .ERL errors.

@ Ratza - not sure what I said about your input. It's appreciated, but I think I recall something about checking internet connections and though that can be the sollution to 99% of internet problems, i don't believe it has anything to do with .erl files or gameguard. (Which is what this topic was staeted for).
    Last edited by iNub; 09-30-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Hey i dont see my GG folder, what am i suppose to do to get it in the CABAL folder?

Ok now the Launcher is getting a little farther with starting.... Its loading THEN showing the error and saying the download failed... Plz plz plz... Get back to me i at least want to play b4 the end of the weekend

What if Kaspersky kept indentifying it as a virus?

omg me too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast