Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabal Login Errors (READ IF YOU ARE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS)

Thumbs up Cabal Login Errors (READ IF YOU ARE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS)

~~~~~SOLUTION FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T LOGIN DUE TO ANTI-VIRUS~~~~~

If you're getting this annoying shi/t message about file: "eng_imgrepository.dll" and can't load the start-up menu.

1. You can tell your AV not to load on start-up. Restart your computer. Then start Cabal normally to make sure you have all the updates. After that, do this:

2. Find your Cabal folder. Default is this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)" [if you don't have windows 7 it's the same directory, just take out the (x86)]. In there you'll see a file named: "Cabal Main"

3. Right click that icon and make a short-cut. It will say it can't make one here do you want to make one on the desktop? Click "Yes".

Close the Cabal folder so you don't get confused. Right click the Cabal Main Shortcut that's on the desktop and go to "properties".

4. In the box that says "Target" you see "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe"

Mouse to the end of this directory and add the word "husky". It will look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe" husky < - - - make sure you put a space between " and husky or it will deny the command.

5. Now turn your AV back on and start Cabal with the shortcut. It will skip the start-up menu and go straight to login (after ga/yguard does it's ga\ytard foolishness.)

If you don't have the latest update you will know via a message at the login screen telling you that you don't have the latest update. In this case you just refer to step 1 and repeat.

UPDATE

There's a file called "GAMEMON.DES" and your AV labels it as "PDM.Suspicious driver installation" C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\DRIVERS\DUMP_WMIMMC.SYS

This message will come up every time you start Cabal and just click the bottom option to add it to exclusions. You can delete it or block it if you want, but Cabal won't run without it. After you exclude that file from from being scanned you shouldn't have any other issues between Cabal and Kispersky.
    Last edited by iNub; 10-19-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

~~~~~Possible Solution for people who can't login due to ".ERL" errors~~~~~

All you need to do is go to your Cabal folder. In there you'll see a folder labeled "GameGuard"

This is where your files are with ".erl" extensions.

Right click one and go to properties.

Select the box named "Read Only" and click "Apply"

Continue down through them until they're all set to "Read Only" and it should fix your ".erl" error problem.

UPDATE

Doesn't work. So when Cabal closes because of these errors, you may get a message to send an error report to somebody but you don't need to do that crap. If you see the GameGuard logo on the bottom of your screen (blue box with a yellow ^ in it), then mouse over it and it will disappear. After that is gone, you can start Cabal again without any problems. If you don't remove the GameGuard logo first, Cabal will give you another error when you try to start it, disconnect you, and you'll need to run it again.

Haven't found any one time fix for the .erl files errors yet, though since the latest update, I don't think I have had one yet. *knock on wood* Maybe they were fixed, but we'll see.
    Last edited by iNub; 10-04-2010 at 10:10 PM.

If you're having other issues related to login problems ONLY, you can post here. This isn't for people who lag or glitch through walls or smd (though it's appreciated. tyvm matrimoney)

When you receive an ERL error it means that for some reason GameGuard couldn't properly start its routine. This can be either because some software is blocking it (like your Kaspersky example), either the files themselves are messed up (case where you have to delete the folder and let them redownload), or your internet connection is down and you pressed Cancel when the GG routine was trying to authenticate you to the server.

1. Blocking software
    2. Faulty GG files
    3. Faulty connectivity to the server (caused by your PC, your connection, your ISP settings, etc)

Files properties and such have little to no influence on what happens. When you delete the GG folder, all the downloaded files are tagged as non-ReadOnly so unless you put the user puts them R.O specifically, there's no way they could be marked as such.
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 09-22-2010 at 05:58 AM.

+1 For effort, but what I wrote came from [GM] Harlequin and works fine for me. His or her solutions weren't as detailed, but I work with dumb dumbs being in the army so I like to break it down barney style plus I ran my own tests to see what would and would not happen if I did "watever". Also, I use Kasperky and I made the 2nd post specifically because I haven't had ".erl" errors yet. I've done all of that, started AV, logged out, logged back in with the shortcut while AV was still up and the only prompt I got was about the PDM.fmlwateverfile which can be added to exclusions and then you'll get 1 more (yes there's 2 and they're ALMOST identical) and add that to exclusions and Kaspersky won't ask for anything else.

The .erl files I'm not sure. GM said to set them all to read only and it should be fine.

Faulty GG files pertains to the .erl error. Blocking software pertains to turning off AV.

All you said that I didn't was redownload Cabal. I suppose that's an option if something other than a GG file is corrupted, but if that happens you probably got an actual virus. When you get it reinstalled it's likely your AV will give you the same problems with updating and errors. (I know because I've done this. Twice actually, yesterday.)
    Last edited by iNub; 09-22-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Makes no sense you know ...
    If this readonly thingie solves the issue, then it means your GG files were being modified upon launch, due to some other circumstances (viruses or spyware or realtime AV protection). In this case, the GMs can at any time pack the files server side as ReadOnly, thus the user's downloaded files will be "fixed". A general solution which is highly unlikely to fix ERL errors for everyone.

Weird things with even weirder solutions.

You make it so complicated. Just use what I wrote if you have a problem.

If you can get on the forum and report a problem with Cabal then obviously you have internet. Which brings us back to the AV and gameguard. Stop spamming garbage, please. Sure there's millions of things that could go wrong. You could have viruses, trojans, bad mobo, bad GPU, bad PSU, a PSU too weak for your GPU, a bad CPU, bad RAM, bad HDD and the list goes on. But this is to discuss Cabal run failures. Screen shot the error code, AV notification or any other errors that come up when failed login occurs.
    Last edited by iNub; 09-22-2010 at 08:49 AM.

well I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ idk i tryed fixing the ERL files and it still dose the same thing it just acts like its gonna start then sits there and sticks its own thumb up its ass -_-

SS the error or does it just freeze until u close it via task manager? sounds more like a computer malfunction than an error.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast