Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn2Bm2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    I'm judging it by looking at how much time is left in bm when I finish. No matter how I arrange the skill levels of the 3 big skills it never differs by more than a few seconds, which can be explained by crits and non crits. Having the skills at 9 or 12 is supposed to be a HUGE increase, but myself and the people that have tested with me don't see those results in game.

I thought about this too. My friend and I 2 man IC daily and have tested in there too, the dungeon takes us pretty much the same amount of time no matter how our skills are set every run. He is also a wiz.
    You're making it seem like lowering your skills somehow adds 10% M.amp to your character. You don't notice a difference because your DPS is low, meaning if changing your skills to 12/9 increases your DPS by 10%, you won't notice a big difference if your DPS is already low. My DPS is high, meaning I can see a noticeable difference when killing Quads and Rotas.

In other words...

If your DPS is lets say...20/100 and it increases by 20%, you're now at 24/100 (+4 DPS)
    vs.
    If my DPS is 80/100 and it increases by 20%, I'd be at 96/100 (+16 DPS)

See what I'm getting at?
    Last edited by Matrimoney; 09-30-2010 at 12:13 AM.

I'm judging it by looking at how much time is left in bm when I finish. No matter how I arrange the skill levels of the 3 big skills it never differs by more than a few seconds, which can be explained by crits and non crits. Having the skills at 9 or 12 is supposed to be a HUGE increase, but myself and the people that have tested with me don't see those results in game.

I thought about this too. My friend and I 2 man IC daily and have tested in there too, the dungeon takes us pretty much the same amount of time no matter how our skills are set every run. He is also a wiz.
    Ratza originally did his tests showing the maximum difference [critting every EDC], which would not be likely but proves the point best showing that difference in range. On average the 20 edc might hit for say 4.8-4.9k instead of the 7.2k crit when you take non-critical into account. This would decrease the differences between all skills to their average, and you may wind up with something like 25k-30k damage difference in total for the EDC in bm2 instead of like 50k. Considering if you can dual crit 5-7k, thats only a few hits but its still an advantage regardless.

Also as we said with fluctuation in criticals, you can be losing or gaining damage off your average from there. If you have 50% critical rate and over the entire bm2 lets say you fall 1 critical short of that 50% rate so a skill does 2k-3k dual cast instead of something like 6k-3k, well thats 4k lost off the 25k or so you gain from the lower skill levels. This is why it seems so small, the combination of all factors makes it hard to see but you can still tell its there over time and with our tests.

Which skills you crit is also important, even if you hit 50% rate, it is more advantageous to crit the highest power skills [EDC/SC] since the higher base will produce an even bigger difference on the criticals than they had on the non-criticals.

Ex: If EDC hits 2200 non-crit with 230% critical damage, roughly 7260 damage on the crit or a gain of 5060 damage. Now if lightning cannon does something like 1900 non-critical damage, it would roughly do 6270 on the critical which is only a gain of 4370. When you consider you will cast less than 20 EDCs during a single bm2, you can lose tons of damage if you say crit only 2 of those even if your overall rate matches your critical rate.

All these factors make a difference, but the lvl 9 EDC is a guaranteed difference and not a random difference as which skills you crit and how often you crit is.
    Last edited by LastHour; 09-30-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrimoney View Post
    You're making it seem like lowering your skills somehow adds 10% M.amp to your character. You don't notice a difference because your DPS is low, meaning if changing your skills to 12/9 increases your DPS by 10%, you won't notice a big difference if your DPS is already low. My DPS is high, meaning I can see a noticeable difference when killing Quads and Rotas.
    To second this : 5% bonus on an average DPS of 3000 is 3150 new average / 5% bonus on an average of 8000 is 8400 new average. Now let's assume you have a mob that regenerates 400 HP / second. Your optimized bar will help you deal more damage, but the difference is not huge, you can't even cover the HP regen of the mob, even with optimized bar. On the other hand, at higher DPS, Matrimoney would be able to nullify the Mob's HP regen, dealing the other 8k as pure damage, while 400 is counter-balanced by Regen. So with the newly improved bar, Matrimoney can deny the regen, while your gear helps you deny 25% of it.

PS : @Chainlock - Don't forget the stats please :P
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 09-30-2010 at 12:22 AM.

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by RatzaTM View Post
    Ok then Let's do it some other way.
    Please post your stats (magic / cr / cd / amp) and the BM2 bar that you use (the one with lvl 18 - 20 skills) like : SC 20 - EDC 18 - etc ..
    1018 m.atk, 51 cr, 139cd, 53 amp. Not in BM/aura. Level 154.

space c, edc, meteor, af, hs, lc, at, vacuum, sc, fc, ac, ce. I think is the order, I have terra lance and fire lance on the top bar just incase they have to go off, but I don't think they do. Can't get ingame right now to look. I'm not even sure which skills go off right now since I have been testing what is supposed to be the best wizard bm2 set up, according to the calculator, the last few days.

Sorry it took a bit to get this posted. My net dropped.
    Last edited by chainlock; 09-30-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Banned
    have u tried edc/sc at 9 and meteor at 12? or are you trying all 3 at 12? cuz that isnt that much of a difference in terms of cd's between 15 and 12..

RedOsmium
    Right now I'm trying them all at 9.

Banned
    Right now I'm trying them all at 9.
    Try them all at 9, then try them at 18 and try telling me you don't notice a difference....

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrimoney View Post
    Try them all at 9, then try them at 18 and try telling me you don't notice a difference....
    I haven't noticed one between 12, 18, 20. We'll see if 9 makes the difference.

Banned
    I haven't noticed one between 12, 18, 20. We'll see if 9 makes the difference.
    the cooldowns between 9 and 12 on edc/sc are huge in your bm2 bar

RedOsmium
    IF I'm reading the bm2 calculator right, the best set up for me should be.

AF 20, space 9, edc 9, meteor 9, lc 20, hs 20, sc 20, vacuum 20, at 20, fc 20.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast