Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn2Bm2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post
    Playing longer doesn't mean I spent more hours playing. It means I started playing BEFORE him. Try to find something smart before posting such shiet.
    longer = more
    shoulda said "ive played before u" not "ive played longer than u"

Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    i think i need to quote myself lol. i know ure from EU and maybe u read things differently but its called figure of speech, heres my post on the 3rd page. its kinda obvious i know cannons will not outdmg a lvl 9 or 12 sc/edc/met but when paired with a lvl 20 sc/edc they will. maybe u didnt see my little scenario on the bottom of that post. 8k+4k > 5k+5k my cannons are obviously the 4ks and they are obviously lower than the lv 9/12 which are 5ks

i cant believe u went thru a whole post about this one statement without reading the rest of it. of course the other NA noobs will just say watever and side along u even if they knew wat i said cause they cant beat me otherwise
    Bleh misread and tired, but the main point is your still trying to make it about the power of a single dual cast and not the entirety of dual casts throughout the bm2. Will edit correct stuff back in later but something for you below:

I'm going to play devils-advocate against my better judgment and try to justify your 20 edc/sc anyway to save you some dignity here since you seem quite proud. [Just going to say the reason people can't beat you is likely because you out gear them 10b+ or something and not b/c you can do anything skillful like blink combo chase] As we all know you as an avid TGer, the 20 edc/sc has its logic [tho I prefer 18 if I want to play hard hit style]. Wiz is a traditionally a weak PvP char for reasons we all know, the biggest concern of which is low hp. In most TG cases and especially without the old bringer system, it doesn't take much to down a wiz or get them to run to heal. People don't typically let you sit back and DPS combo whether bm2, bm1, aura or w/e. That being said, you may only get off a single string of attacks before a mob chops off your hp in an instant or a hard hitting FS finisher halves your hp. If your only going to get off only a single string of attacks, they may as well hit as hard as they can. The cool doesn't matter since almost regardless of level they will all be cooled again by the time you heal and get back to the combat zone. Also for PvP you only ever get off a single string of attacks [against end-game opponents] and will probably never reuse a even 12 edc in a single PvP match. So for the avid pvper/TGer, it may be beneficial to go with high skill levels, its largely a judgment call on the average time you can spend fighting before running to heal [varies from player to player based on how other players KOS them, their gear, titles, etc]

Maybe instead of trying to backtrack and fail your defense of the pve bm2 argument you could've mentioned this, which places the whole bm2 argument up to pve or pvp preference. Anyone can go back unless you've edited it out already of how you've backtracked several times with lances, then cannons, etc. Know when to call it quits.
    Last edited by LastHour; 09-29-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Banned
    Spur's obviously a moron and doesn't understand what any of you guys are trying to say, so I'll give an example even a toddler can understand. I put my EDC/SC at 9 and Meteor at 12 and have noticed a HUGE DPS increase when in BM2...sure I hit less with EDC/SC/Meteor, but I cast them so often I hardly have to use my cannons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by otice1 View Post
    Since those are your hardest hitting moves for bm2 you want to be able to cast them often. By not using lvl 20 skills the cool down is low enough that they are able to be cast frequently enough that their lack of amp (from not being lvl 20) is overcompensated by their increase in usage.
    Because some people (Spur) don't understand why lvl 9 skills are greater dps because you can cast them more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by RatzaTM View Post
    Ok then, please correct me where I might have misunderstood (PS : In Romania we study US English not UK English, so I doubt I misunderstood anything)

1. First, WIPwns posts that people should remove their lances from the bar (to be read : bm2 bar) - You then tell him that lances have the highest DPS in combo (totally unrelated) and that not everyone learns their skills according to the BM bar (not like WIpwns ever suggested to folks that they should unlearn their lances, he simply stated they should not be used in BM2, that's all). Mistake on your side.

2. Then he says that the thread is about BM2, which is obvious due to the title, and you contradict him saying that this thread is about Wizzies, just because you directed the conversation in a wrong way and you feel like continuing to talk about the DPS skills of the wizard. Mistake on your side number 2, as the thread was started with the subject BM2, not "Let's talk about wizards because I'm Spur and I say so". If you want to talk about lances and DPS please make your own thread, next time.

3. You then say that the only reason he posted the chart is because he mocks you (although he never mentioned your name specifically, mistake number 3 for feeling targeted) due to your lvl 20 skills. You stated that you have 12 skills for MAXIMUM DPS, not maximum DPS while having all skills at level 20 because Spur likes to play that way, so everyone (myself included) assumed you are talking about how to obtain maximum DPS for a wizard, no matter the skill levels, not how to obtain maximum DPS while using all skills at 20.

4. You said you are running out of skillpoints not slots, so I showed you how you can improve your MAXIMUM DPS (as you expressed yourself in the post) with less skill points, that's why I based my calculation over the duration of a whole BM and not a single pair of hits. (for me maximum DPS reffers to maximum damage achievable per second, not per 1 cast, so I immediately thought of 90 seconds, which is what 99% of any readers would have thought about as well)

5. I then asked you how can your cannon deal more damage than EDC, and your reply was : maybe your magic is too low (again, misunderstanding, because I was thinking about the total damage output, the end-result of the formula, not just multiplying magic with AMP, as LastHour said, there's also the +add dmg from skill, which I believe you didn't take into consideration when saying, but I didn't know you ignored it from your calculation). So I showed you that the end-result damage formula, not the partial damage formula, inclines the balance towards EDC, no matter the def or magic of the char.

In closing : The subject of the thread was BM2, not a single pair of hits in BM2, am I right ? Thread starter told everyone to remove their lances from the BM2 bar, because they deal low damage, which is 100% accurate. Then the discussion degenerated due to the misuse of maximum DPS in one of your posts, so I focused my attention on detailing the actual maximum DPS of the BM2.
    Indeed, 8 + 4 > 5 + 5, but that applies to this particular comparison only, not the maximum DPS that you mentioned, which in my eyes is calculated over the whole 90 second duration of the BM, and where your comparison becomes null, as the maximum DPS of 90 seconds consists of more pairs of 5+5 that are spammed, when compared to less 8+4 pairs. In the end, 5+5 multiple times will outdamage 8+4 which are cast less times, that's all I wanted to say.

In other words : YOU went offtopic and deviated the subject towards lances use in a wizard's skilltree (not bm2 bar as thread subject), then YOU didn't take into consideration the whole formula of damage output when comparing cannons to EDC, and stated that LC > EDC (which is true, for an incredible amount of magic and without taking into consideration the +add dmg from the 2 skills, but it is false for every wizard out there, including your own), then YOU talked about how to improve the MAXIMUM DPS of your BM2 (again, such generic usage of words would imply a regular WI BM2, not Spur's "I only use lvl 20 skills so show me a better way to improve DPS with lvl 20 skills only"), so I showed you that lowering your skill levels would provide the optimization you were looking for (sorry for not asking you whether you would consider lowering the skill levels an option).

After all this, you are saying it's MY fault for not being able to comprehend proper English just because I'm European ? Excuse me, but who did more mistakes in expressing ideas in this thread ? Who's the one that diverts from subject to subject making mistake after mistake in his statements because he refuses to understand the subject of the thread and posts results of partial formulas for damage and misuses the syntax DPS when in fact it should be DPH (damage per hit or pair of hits) ?
    Please, I had no intention of being aggressive, but the way you try to clean your hands of your faulty statements simply makes me sick and forces me to retaliate, seeing as you try to put this on my back, making me the one to blame for not reading posts and replying randomly, when in fact you give false statement replies based on incomplete/faulty mathematics and use of English language.
    +1

Banned
    inb4 lethal calling every1 ner ds

Red-Osmium
    Dam, super shat on >_>

Banned
    RatzaTM i like your essays bro..

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrimoney View Post
    Spur's obviously a moron and doesn't understand what any of you guys are trying to say, so I'll give an example even a toddler can understand. I put my EDC/SC at 9 and Meteor at 12 and have noticed a HUGE DPS increase when in BM2...sure I hit less with EDC/SC/Meteor, but I cast them so often I hardly have to use my cannons.
    It might just be because my wizard isn't as strong, but it takes me the same amount of time to kill pf bosses with the 3 big skills at any level range from 9-20.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    It might just be because my wizard isn't as strong, but it takes me the same amount of time to kill pf bosses with the 3 big skills at any level range from 9-20.
    prolly cuz u got bad dmg lol
    i went from 2 baring quads 1/5 attempts with lvl 18 met/edc/sc to pretty much 2 baring every time with them at 12 and 9

same with tanks, 1/5 of the solos were 1 bar, now its pretty much every time

go try the difference in dps on derk, he doesnt regen

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast