Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn2Bm2

Ok ladies and gentlemen, here it is :

How to interpret this ?

Level 170 char was in BM2 + Aura, against Rota (1700 def), 53CR / 200CD / 41AMP in both cases. Damage was taken from LastHour's damage calculator, in descending order, from highest to lowest hitters. Enjoy.

The top BM2 is my BM bar with level 9 skills. That's how the BM progresses based on cooldowns (the grey bars). The white boxes that you can see are actually moments when the skill is cooled but not used (due to other skills being cast).
    The bottom BM2 is the level 20 skills BM2 bar (not sure if those are Spur's skills because I didn't check his bar, but with level 20 skills, that's the order of damaging skills.
    PS: Spur, you need 11 skills for your lvl 20 bm2, not 13, so you can have all your bm2 skills + 2 lances, without the need of using lances in bm2 :P

I'll leave you to check out the results.

Note : I split the 85 seconds of double BM in 1.7 parts, resulting in 50 x 1.7 casts, that's 100 skills in total. The cooldowns were rounded to the 1.7 * X value, due to another skill being casted at that time. If you take a look at stone cannon for example, the cooldown is 5.3. The real BM2 cooldown is 6.8, because once you cast Stone and wait for 3 other skills to be casted, your cooldown reaches 5.1, at this time stone is not ready yet, so another skill gets cast. This means that Stone becomes available right after the other animation starts, and can be available for cast on 4 x 1.7 skills, since each animation lasts for 1.7, so the real cooldown of Stone is 6.8, because you can cast it from 1.7 to 1.7 seconds only, not 1.7 + 1.7 + 1.7 + 0.2, so you lose 1.5 seconds in which the skill is cooled but unusable.

The last 3 columns : Number of total casts per BM -> Maximum damage possible (if all hits would be crits) -> Average damage being done (using combination of crit/non-crit, based on the average values from LastHour)

As always, right click - View image. For some reason, this forum doesn't have a pop-up/resize plugin installed.

How to calculate which skills to use and at which levels ?
    1) Highest damage output until you can recast is at level 9 (do this for all skills to find out the peak output for each skill for it's given cooldown - this one is for EDC hence level 9)
    2) Spamming the skill at that peak level will result in highest damage being dealt, as you can see in the below picture (second chart)

In the bottom BM representation, you will see why spamming at level 9 is better overall. Do this for all skills, then match them as lego parts as I did in the first picture, while knowing this peak value for each skill, and then you will have your highest damage output BM with the least skills and least skill points.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTE : In the first picture, ONLY EDC AND SC have been fully optimized (used at peak values) hence level 9. The others, AF, HS, LC, etc are at maximum level, but maximum level doesn't guarantee highest peak, so the difference would be even higher if all skills would be used at their peak points and not just SC / EDC. Play around with the levels and you will find out the best levels for each skill in your BM2 based on this output peak per second of cooldown (to improve the repetition rate).
    As LastHour said : Overall damage output = (Damage of skill_1 * Number of casts) + (Damage of skill_2 * Number of casts) + ... + (Damage of skill_X * Number of casts). It is not Damage of skill_1 + Damage of skill_ 2 + ... + Damage of skill_3

You need to find the most damage being dealt in the least amount of time until the skill becomes available again. Applying the same principle of repetition, I think you can pull it off with a 6 - 7 skills BM2, all of them at roughly 9 - 12 (even cannons). I'm really curious to find out how many "peaked" skills a BM2 would include and which would these be.

PS: I didn't use Meteorite, but you should include it. I'll post my highest damage output BM2 bar when the update hits us as well.
    PS2 : Don't take the results for granted. Do the math for your set in simple BM2, BM2 + Aura, BM2 + Aura + Short and then average them a bit in case the results show different skills as being peaked skills (amp increase would be the proportional for each skill, so you need skills for 2 scenarios - BM and BMA)
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 10-04-2010 at 06:15 AM.

SIGMetal
    just like i stated on the EU forum ure dps until availability chart makes no sense. u are plainly calculating the total dmg of all the edcs during a full bm2 whereas the lower lvls will obviously get more casts off. the thing u fail to realize is the higher lvl edc user will not just stand there when its on cooldown and actually cast another skill in its place

Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    just like i stated on the EU forum ure dps until availability chart makes no sense. u are plainly calculating the total dmg of all the edcs during a full bm2 whereas the lower lvls will obviously get more casts off. the thing u fail to realize is the higher lvl edc user will not just stand there when its on cooldown and actually cast another skill in its place
    I just showed you how skills are paired and cast, based on highest damage done, in the chart. How can that be a simple calculation of all EDC when on the right side you have the total damage output, based on how the skills are triggered.
    I didn't fail anything, you just didn't understand the picture, and I actually thought it would be easier for you to comprehend a drawing, than mathematics.

SC + EDC / AF + LC / Hail + Stone / .... etc ... how can that be adding EDC only ?
    I ALSO SHOWED on the right side, how many casts you have in total :

In your BM, you have 6 SC / 7 EDC / 7 AF .... all those are summed up on the right side.
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 10-04-2010 at 06:30 AM.

SIGMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by RatzaTM View Post
    I just showed you how skills are paired and cast, based on highest damage done, in the chart. How can that be a simple calculation of all EDC when on the right side you have the total damage output, based on how the skills are triggered.
    I didn't fail anything, you just didn't understand the picture, and I actually thought it would be easier for you to comprehend a drawing, than mathematics.

SC + EDC / AF + LC / Hail + Stone / .... etc ... how can that be adding EDC only ?
    I ALSO SHOWED on the right side, how many casts you have in total :

In your BM, you have 6 SC / 7 EDC / 7 AF .... all those are summed up on the right side.
    i answered ure post on the EU forums as well there u will see all the numbers. like i said there u got 17sc casts at lvl 9 totaling 62305avg, i got 6sc casts at lvl 20 totaling 29988 avg so the diff between them is 11 skills and 32317avg. these are ure numbers so u cant say im making them up.

now look at the bottom chart again and look at the avg per skill and u can see its close to 3k cause the majority of the casts were aqua cannon and above. 11 casts of 3k = 33k which is more than 32317 which means it covers ure constant casts of lvl 9 sc. this means a lv 20 sc is the better choice in bm2

i answered ure post on the EU forums as well there u will see all the numbers. like i said there u got 17sc casts at lvl 9 totaling 62305avg, i got 6sc casts at lvl 20 totaling 29988 avg so the diff between them is 11 skills and 32317avg. these are ure numbers so u cant say im making them up.

now look at the bottom chart again and look at the avg per skill and u can see its close to 3k cause the majority of the casts were aqua cannon and above. 11 casts of 3k = 33k which is more than 32317 which means it covers ure constant casts of lvl 9 sc. this means a lv 20 sc is the better choice in bm2
    Do you or do you not agree from the picture that :

MY BM Casts :

8 AF + 17 SC + 17 EDC + 12 LC + 12 Hail + 11 Stone + 8 Vacuum + 10 Fire + 5 Aqua = 100 skills

YOUR BM Casts :

6 SC + 7 EDC + 7 AF + 13 LC + 12 Hail + 12 Stone + 9 Vacuum + 13 Fire + 11 Aqua + 8 LLance + 2 Chain

The difference between them is not 6SC + 11 skills versus my 17 SC. In the end, we both cast 100 skills, just that the difference on my side is higher.

My extra 1 AF + 10 EDC + 11 SC >> your extra 1 LC + 1 Stone + 1 Vacuum + 3 Fire + 6 Aqua + 8 Lance + 2 Chain
    Hailstorm is casted the same amount of time, this is the only difference between our BMs. And I have proven that the 22 skills that I cast (AF + EDC + SC) are higher in damage output than the 22 skills that you cast (LC+Stone+Vacuum+Fire+Aqua+Lance+Chain) in order to fulfill the 100 casts per BM.

You want to compare only 17 skills out of the 100 ? So be it . It's my 17 SC versus your 6 SC + Fillers of 3k average.
    My 17 SC = 62.305
    Your 6 SC + 11 fillers = 26.814 + 33.000 (EDC is 29.988, learn to read a table, SC is 26.814) -> In my example, SC is second row, in your BM, it's first row.

62.305 > 59.814
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 10-04-2010 at 07:08 AM.

SIGMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by RatzaTM View Post
    Do you or do you not agree from the picture that :

MY BM Casts :

8 AF + 17 SC + 17 EDC + 12 LC + 12 Hail + 11 Stone + 8 Vacuum + 10 Fire + 5 Aqua = 100 skills

YOUR BM Casts :

6 SC + 7 EDC + 7 AF + 13 LC + 12 Hail + 12 Stone + 9 Vacuum + 13 Fire + 11 Aqua + 8 LLance + 2 Chain

The difference between them is not 6SC + 11 skills versus my 17 SC. In the end, we both cast 100 skills, just that the difference on my side is higher.

My extra 1 AF + 10 EDC + 11 SC >> your extra 1 LC + 1 Stone + 1 Vacuum + 3 Fire + 6 Aqua + 8 Lance + 2 Chain
    Hailstorm is casted the same amount of time, this is the only difference between our BMs. And I have proven that the 22 skills that I cast (AF + EDC + SC) are higher in damage output than the 22 skills that you cast (LC+Stone+Vacuum+Fire+Aqua+Lance+Chain) in order to fulfill the 100 casts per BM.

You want to compare only 17 skills out of the 100 ? So be it . It's my 17 SC versus your 6 SC + Fillers of 3k average.
    My 17 SC = 62.305
    Your 6 SC + 11 fillers = 26.814 + 33.000 (EDC is 29.988, learn to read a table, SC is 26.814) -> In my example, SC is second row, in your BM, it's first row.

62.305 > 59.814
    so if that were the case then a lvl 20 edc > lvl 9 edc
    lvl 9 edc 17 casts = 59738
    lvl 20 edc 7 casts = 29988
    difference 29750 and 10 casts = 2975avg
    10 skills of 3k = 3000
    so are u saying lvl 20 edc > lvl 9 edc?

10 skills of 3k = 3000
    sick math bro

pro english right here

Quote Originally Posted by bingotoy View Post
    the prices i pay is for example you sell me worth of 2.5bil item so i will pay 100USD per bil so 100 USD x2 = 1000 USD for 500m is 50

SIGMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    sick math bro
    oo i left out the word avg sry mr troll

I just find it funny that you're still trying to argue that lvl20 skills are better when you keep getting shi/t on.

pro english right here

Quote Originally Posted by bingotoy View Post
    the prices i pay is for example you sell me worth of 2.5bil item so i will pay 100USD per bil so 100 USD x2 = 1000 USD for 500m is 50

SIGMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I just find it funny that you're still trying to argue that lvl20 skills are better when you keep getting shi/t on.
    so if that were the case then a lvl 20 edc > lvl 9 edc
    lvl 9 edc 17 casts = 59738
    lvl 20 edc 7 casts = 29988
    difference 29750 and 10 casts = 2975avg
    10 skills of 3k = 3000avg
    so are u saying lvl 20 edc > lvl 9 edc?

so wats ure say on this?

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast