10 skills of 3k = 3000avg
    so are u saying lvl 20 edc > lvl 9 edc?

so wats ure say on this?
    my say on this
    you should go back to school bro

time for some ankoun math

1 N E RDYy asian with no life+a good computer with cabal= spur

k

i love how u complain about trolling but yet u hand feed the trollers =)

smh
    smashurkeyboardplox
    =D love u

(this message has been approved by ankoun) LMAO

gear/stats > all of this

+ there is nothing in this game difficult enough pve wise to where you would need you to make these changes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    so if that were the case then a lvl 20 edc > lvl 9 edc
    lvl 9 edc 17 casts = 59738
    lvl 20 edc 7 casts = 29988
    difference 29750 and 10 casts = 2975avg
    10 skills of 3k = 3000
    you see to be forgetting that since you have to cast fillers because of lvl 20 edc, the overall dps drops because of that simple fact, which is why your bm2 bar I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s. sure your dmg output on your hard hitters is high ONLY when they're casted, but as soon as we start to look at how often your weak hitters are cast, it nullifies that extra dmg out.

comprende amigo?

17 lvl 9 edc's and 3 cannons

or 7 lvl 20 ec's and 13 cannons

checkmate

Made a wiz 3 days ago its lvl 82 now...I dont know how to use bm2 LOL! do u just spam it? press the bars altogether or one by one? Im still a noob. >.>
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

All I gotta say is..........

Ju all sad.

Go out more.

Learn to play more with friends.

OH WAIT....... Yuz all loners and cabal freaks.

SIGMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrimoney View Post
    you see to be forgetting that since you have to cast fillers because of lvl 20 edc, the overall dps drops because of that simple fact, which is why your bm2 bar I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s. sure your dmg output on your hard hitters is high ONLY when they're casted, but as soon as we start to look at how often your weak hitters are cast, it nullifies that extra dmg out.

comprende amigo?

17 lvl 9 edc's and 3 cannons

or 7 lvl 20 ec's and 13 cannons

checkmate
    did matri just not understand wat i posted?

7edc + 10cannons > 17edc therefore 7edc + 13cannons > 17edc + 3cannons lol matri go hide again

o.0 balls
    Last edited by bored2010; 10-04-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    so if that were the case then a lvl 20 edc > lvl 9 edc

so wats ure say on this?
    Your logic is something like this : You know you have ten fingers. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 from one hand + 5 fingers from the other hand => 11 fingers. Right ? Wrong.

You want to fairly compare our BMs ? Here you go :

You have the skills on the middle
    The differences in numbers of casts between yours and mine (2 more AF for me, 10 more EDC and 10 more SC ; 1 more LC, 1 more Stone, etc for you)
    You have the Damage Difference caused by these extra casts (17 EDC vs 7 EDC results in +29750 DMG for me as example) for both you and me

If you look at the overall DMG, the blueish box, MY BM DEALS MORE DAMAGE OVERALL than yours, with unoptimized levels except for SC and EDC which are at the perfect level, meaning level 9. I could get more damage by finding the peak damage of each skill, but I did it for EDC / SC only for now.

As you can see, besides the skills we both cast, we have 22 extra that differ and cause a difference. Let's compare these differences.

STAGE 1 : 10 EDC versus your best 10 fillers (what you are trying to rightfully prove above)
    10 EDC have a bonus of 29750 while 10 of your best fillers (1 lc, 1 stone, 1 vacuum, 3 fire and 4 aqua out of 6, to make it 10) produce 30121 damage.
    All good and dandy so far, Spur proves that his 7 EDC + 10 best fillers are better than 17 EDC @ 9. (Although I could have been mean and use the 2 Chain + 8 Light Lance to compare to 10 EDC, resulting in me being right, since 29750 is better than 28746, but let's give him the satisfaction of a partial win).

STAGE 2 : My next 10 skills that differ from your BM, versus your 10 other fillers out of the total of 22 that we both have (12 remaining)
    10 SC have a bonus of 35491 for my BM, while your next 10 best fillers provide 25224
    Clear win on my side

STAGE 3 : Our last 2 skills that differ from the main casts
    2 AF give me a bonus difference of 3703, compared to your 2 Chain Explosions which give you 5722. Another win on your side.

If we now add the bonuses, we get : 68.944 for me, 64.735 for Spur's build. Overall, my damage output is higher because 10 EDC + 10 SC + 2 AF has GREATER DAMAGE OUTPUT than 1 LC + 1 Stone + 1 Vacuum + 3 Fire + 6 Aqua + 8 Lance + 2 Chain.

Also, let's not forget the importance of having more GM / Comp cast : Stun effect which helps lower level parties more than casting more Aqua Cannons and Lances in abundance.

Overall, Comp + GM @ level 9 provide more DAMAGE OUTPUT than lvl 20 ones, thus, for a 85 second duration, they also provide better DPS, since 334.151 / 85 is higher than 329.942 / 85.

4k difference? is that really worth it. I like lv20 skills so i can smack people in war/pvp. If you wanna be pro pve ask ascension how dey bm2

Quote Originally Posted by Romp View Post
    4k difference? is that really worth it. I like lv20 skills so i can smack people in war/pvp. If you wanna be pro pve ask ascension how dey bm2
    4k with only 2 skills tweaked.
    You get 4k more damage, less skillpoints used, more stun for mobs, more HP down (from more GMs), less skills in 1 BM2 cycle.
    True, if you want to smack someone in PVP / WAR and you NEVER get to cycle through the same skills again vs a target, then lvl 20 ftw, but if you have to spam skills in a cycle, then you actually lose damage overall, that's my point.

I will post the best BM2 bar for a given set (because the bars differ from set to set) and I will show you how to calculate your own bar, based on your own set, and so on.

As LastHour said : If Spur would've came to say - My bm2 bar is the best for a 1 cycle only (all his 13 skills cast once) then nobody would've challenged him, as he would've been right. But coming here and saying that lvl 20 skills are the best for BM2 (in general) and that the damage output is higher for a whole BM when using lvl 20 skills, that's just wrong.

Spur's build is 100% true in one situation only : Go TG, chase an enemy, kill him with 1 - > x skills of your BM2 bar, then BY THE TIME YOU MEET THE SECOND ONE, all skills should be cooled off. This means that if you kill 1 enemy each 15 seconds, the bar is awesome, as it never cycles through skills. If you stop and spam skills though, you will have more dmg by using lvl 9 skills, even in TG, because cycling them actually increases your damage (unlike Spur's build which is suitable for a 1 enemy each 15 seconds, so that SC @ 20 is cooled again for the next target).

Spur's BM2 bar flaws are :

1) Overall lower damage when constantly casting skills (cycling them) compared to 1 time hitting. (results in overall lower DPS for 85 seconds of a BM, not DPS of each skill alone).
    2) More skillslots used
    3) More skillpoints used
    4) Less stunning and crowd control
    5) Less HP down effect

Spur's BM2 pros are :

1) Highest damage output on targets whose HP < skill 1 dmg + skill 2 dmg + ... + skill 13 dmg (all of his skills from BM2). This is because until the cycle restarts from 1, his dmg is maxed out. When the cycle takes place, he loses damage overall.
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 10-04-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast