Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Servers lagging?

Quote Originally Posted by xEtherx View Post
    I would explain it but i doubt you have the education to understand.
    Try me.

it may be with one of the hops, and only affects specific regions somehow

i really havnt found any problems myself, maybe someone whos having the issue at the time could do a speed test to south korean server, just to be that much more sure its EST/cabal related compared to connection/service provider related, i mean if your dling at .67mb to a server less then 50 miles away (shout out to dromar) its probably obvious where the issue lies.

250 to south korean server threw speedtest....im not lagging ingame at all though, it would be significant for a player whos experiencing lag ingame to take speed test to a south korean server and see if its about average for what you would expect being 6,000 miles away n all..

Quote Originally Posted by xEtherx View Post
    I would explain it but i doubt you have the education to understand.
    What is it with you and education? I think you pay too much attention to trolls lol, they getting to you. Im sure atleast 3/10 people would grasp the concept without even having certifications from a community college or whatnot... just sayin with all due respect, Lol.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Trolls dont get to me but they do put out false information.
    trying to make someone grasp the concept of the difference between Milivolt/decibel communication ( Cable ), Optical communication ( Fios )and Miliamp communication ( DSL ) would take a basic understanding of both electricity and electronic data communication. you cant stream a MVDB signal to verison fios or DSL and expect it to be read without first converting it to a common coding. That is also only if that is the problem. A Bandwidth issue is like rush hour traffic, to many cars and not enough lanes on the highway to allow them to go from point A to point B without bottlenecking like they could when only half as many cars were on the road. Data trace times out because of set perameters basically saying if it take more then X amount of time to go from point A to point B then abort the process. Coding can cause this but given the consistancy of the time line, effected regions and people using multiple ISP's having the same issue all across the US points to 2 possible causes,.. Bandwidth or coding. If it were comcast the problem would be the same across the entire internet.

Snow I know your young and fairly smart for your age but if you think education means nothing then I fear for your future.
    Last edited by xEtherx; 01-11-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Sounds similar to old IRC Netsplits as the best example I can come up with. Ether I would have to agree it is a bottleneck somewhere between the ISP and the Cabal Server, probably a backbone that does a lot of streaming media connections almost anything. The fact it is hitting between 3pm to Midnight Pacific time points me to this may be a major issue that has been present for a long long time since the EST servers went live, and indeed a new code in the server software might be lagging a backend daemon process like an SQL Daemon which would affect both ingame database inquiries as well as webside being most the website is PHP based.

So a double lag, one pipeline the other software response server side would definitely cause any number of d/cs, crashes, major lag spikes due to tcp/ip time out and inquiry time outs if they are set to high etc.

In short the GMs still need to get on the ball, figure out if it is server side, get in touch with their ISP as well as any player ISPs being affect and figure out where the bottleneck etc is at.

Retired
    Account Passed On

Seems fine to me.. i don't think i ever lag.. then again i don't have a crappy net connection.. most likely the issue o.o and my net averages 75mb/s DL and 20-35mb/s UL so yea.. most likely your net =/

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post
    Seems fine to me.. i don't think i ever lag.. then again i don't have a crappy net connection.. most likely the issue o.o and my net averages 75mb/s DL and 20-35mb/s UL so yea.. most likely your net =/
    Read the thread before posting nonsense.

- Retired
    - Retired

Nice rage there, i did read it and again seems like their crappy net.. don't pay for something that doesn't work.. and same goes for you ^_^

troll more forgotten. 2 IT professionals posted what is the logical and obvious issue. The customer ISP cant be to blame because its multiple ISP's across to large an area to be our providers. Trace confirms the loss in northern california indicating the issue is between the host, their ISP and coding.

It is sad though when EST has 2 customers who are clearly more qualified and capable of fixing the issue then their own IT staff. I would be more then happy to fix the issue but I would have to be hired and I wouldn't take the position without a relocation package, benefits and oh yeah i dont work for 3rd world country wages so they couldn't afford me.

the lag is gone now lol.. everything is working fine for me now, both the website and the game..

Lv. 17x / BLader / Mercury~

Quote Originally Posted by Ched View Post
    the lag is gone now lol.. everything is working fine for me now, both the website and the game..
    For now but wait. it will come back. unless EST finally got the point and woke their IT department up.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast