Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got tired of cabal running like crap. This how i fixed that problem. ^.^

Got tired of cabal running like crap. This how i fixed that problem. ^.^

Since everyone is going to ask. Spent $1300.00 and no this was not just for cabal. Getting ready for next gen games to come out.

Old system which ran like crap and way way to hot.

What I ordered:

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

Thermaltake Smart Blue LED 120mm Fan with Speed control

Intel 320 Series 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit - OEM

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

And the results:

I have the multi sampling off because it made the game to dark and I play in window mode. Makes it easier jumping from firefox to msn etc.

Also took SS in 8 BI. Rest of the time I get about 90-100 fps.

Have a nice day!
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

Very nice very nice. I'm currently building my gaming pc just need to find a good coolant system and save up for an extreme processor.
    Like MJ I'm a team player, so imma fuck her friends too.

Ty Ty. Got tired of not being able to record video's well and multi task besides the computer lag. Drove me nuts. So had to fix that problem. Turned out quite nicely. Records fraps at a nice 60 fps ^.^

What video cards are those you're running in SLI? Looks like an EVGA brand of some kind of nvidia card.

This is really nice setup! Just curios how much does it cost you for the whole package?

hmm that stuff is way more than 1300$, i would have choosed a Noctua instead of Zalman, but very nice config there

note that you coolong kit for ram is blocking the CPU fan, i think you don't need it at all and since you got 4 fans on the Panel, it shall be good for the ram even if those tend to overheat alot

What power supply did you got to run all of that? which probably needs to be high quality with 1000+Watt
    ( 0 _ 0)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ (> _ < )

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilation View Post
    What video cards are those you're running in SLI? Looks like an EVGA brand of some kind of nvidia card.
    The video cards are a bit old and will be replacing them come august. But for now they work just fine.

EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI x2

Quote Originally Posted by zhuai View Post
    This is really nice setup! Just curios how much does it cost you for the whole package?
    Hmm, the whole package um.

Case was $130.00 got it on sale. COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution

Power supply was $170.00 Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W Modular

Video cards cost $150.00 each. EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI x2

DVD drive I have now is LG one i bought at best buy for $50.00

Total cost of the whole setup. About $1,950.00 for now.

OH yeah this does not include monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset, speakers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastan View Post
    It's like playing the game again for the first time.....but not
    Actually its better. Now I can record videos without any hiccups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sina View Post
    hmm that stuff is way more than 1300$, i would have choosed a Noctua instead of Zalman, but very nice config there

note that you coolong kit for ram is blocking the CPU fan, i think you don't need it at all and since you got 4 fans on the Panel, it shall be good for the ram even if those tend to overheat alot

What power supply did you got to run all of that? which probably needs to be high quality with 1000+Watt
    I made sure there is enough space for the Zalman to cool the cpu. Ive ran it and touched the heatsink and its quite cool. So im not to worried about its positioning. I also only order from newegg so usually get some deals thrown in since I have been ordering parts from them for so long or they add bundle discounts. So yeah the parts in the picture cost $1,300.00 but consider this thats not a whole computer.

The power supply I got:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371012
    Last edited by Athian; 06-28-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Wow looks almost the same as the one i'll be making once I get back to germany.
    However, instead of SLI/Crossfire v-cards, it's better to buy a single high end one now and later get that one when it's cheaper. I'll likely be getting this one or one slightly better since that's still in 4 months: Palit NE5X56001142F GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

and for processor this one had good reviews and a decent price: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX.

my total estimated cost when i created 2 ideas (and it'll be a little less in 4 months) was:

$1,298.88 for the amd one ---> Link to the list of items for it

$1,479.89 for the intel one ---> http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=17909786

Both are almost equal. And the reason ther is no monitor is because I'll be using my current 26in LCD tv as my computer monitor ^_^ (and still have my xbox connected to it tee hee :P) No sense in having more than 1 screen than I need. Saves me money to build a better PC.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 06-30-2011 at 01:14 AM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Gj Ath.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Wow looks almost the same as the one i'll be making once I get back to germany.
    However, instead of SLI/Crossfire v-cards, it's better to buy a single high end one now and later get that one when it's cheaper. I'll likely be getting this one or one slightly better since that's still in 4 months: Palit NE5X56001142F GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

and for processor this one had good reviews and a decent price: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX.

my total estimated cost when i created 2 ideas (and it'll be a little less in 4 months) was:

$1,231.89 for the amd one ---> Link to the list of items for it

$1,479.89 for the intel one ---> http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=17909786

Both are almost equal. And the reason ther is no monitor is because I'll be using my current 26in LCD tv as my computer monitor ^_^ (and still have my xbox connected to it tee hee :P) No sense in having more than 1 screen than I need. Saves me money to build a better PC.
    Your AMD build is missing a motherboard o.o

I plan on buy 2 x 24 in monitors or around there so I do not have to adjust cabal screen size so I can watch hulu while I play. Still not sure what to do about video cards. Ill figure it out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Soryuha View Post
    Gj Ath.
    Thank you ^.^

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast