Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calculator to Compare Critical Rate VS. Damage !

Thumbs up NEW Calculator to Compare Critical Rate VS. Damage !

Some time ago I was wondering what it would be like to increase my critical rate by sacking some damage. I currently have a rate of 62 and have been thinking of lifting this rate to 67 by sacking some base attack. There is no obvious answer because critical damage is about luck. But the frequency of critical damage makes a difference in your PvE, war and PvP. I wrote a small Calculator to help determine what critical rate is best for you.

For example you want to evaluate what is best for you in PvP mode

Step 1 : Go to CabalC.com and plug in your character stats in PvP mode for your class

Step 2 : A wise thing to do perhaps, is keep the defense at 1350 and subtract 15 from your current rate. For example my critical rate is 62 , I subtract 15 from it vs. an honor 20 character

Step 3 : Plug in the base damage and critical damage in the calculator I provided [download link below]

Plug the Orange Text as Base Damage and Blue text as Critical Damage

Step 4 : Repeat step 3 and plug it in the second panel say with 20 more attack and 5 less critical rate. Note Damage and Attack are not the same thing so please check the results from CabalC before plugging them in.

Step 5 : # of events goes through number of times you attacked an opponent

Step 6 : Click Calculate

Download link : http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...gCalc-zip.html

[sorry about the crappy website where you have to wait over 15 seconds before you can download the zip file, unzip the executable file and use it, the calculator has a link to cabalc.com at the bottom panel ]

I will improve on this later on, this is just Version 1 and making good use of my lunch break at work, perhaps replicate CabalC with Ep10 Damage once the notes are finalized
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 01-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.

You do realize that's what the "average" tab on cabalc is for right?

Have you ever wondered why your critical rate is around 45 and you crit less than 40% ?
    And why ... if you have a critical rate around 65 and you crit over 75% of the time ?

http://math.about.com/od/statistics/a/MeanMedian.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

Unless you want to click CabalC over 1000 times for each scenario to determine your result. The calculator is in version 1 and the numbers are more realistic and accurate compared to what you see in the Average column.

One thing you can do is take 5 readings for each scenario, each time say 1000 events ... average it out. By then you have found an average after examining 1000 x 5 x 2 = 10,000 readings with 5 clicks . Hope this helps
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 01-03-2013 at 09:53 AM.

I did 100 arrows with 50% rate and 55 rate, and 50% rate vs 5% rate res. Total of 300 attacks.
    I got like 47%, 53% and 49% ish number of crits respectively.

And 1000*5*2 = 10,000 not 100,000

Also with you being extremely high amp base vs cd base, I wouldn't sacrifice your good base atk for rate with your CD only in the 150s
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 01-03-2013 at 09:53 AM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

I think you should spend less time calculating stuff and try to be friends with XI, Darrkd or Nuve... It'll make you a better player.

Forcium
    im his friend already

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I think you should spend less time calculating stuff and try to be friends with XI, Darrkd or Nuve... It'll make you a better player.
    Havnt seen d in ages QQ
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I did 100 arrows with 50% rate and 55 rate, and 50% rate vs 5% rate res. Total of 300 attacks.
    I got like 47%, 53% and 49% ish number of crits respectively.

And 1000*5*2 = 10,000 not 100,000
    I was in bit of a rush earlier , it was a typo. Anyway ... the # of crits and your enthusiasm to go through 100 arrows with your gear is great. But it doesn't really help determine times what may be best for you with an altered gear ... I have an option right now : I can hit a 68% rate and my current stats are 62% rate with a crit damage of around 180% cd. In return I will be sacking a bos8 and give up the use of a crafted forcium crystal sacking roughly 50 m attack and 2 amp

what's better ... a 6% rate or 50 m and 2 amp at which equates to 12 amp. Your average damage will vary from class to class depending on the attacks you use and your battle mode. moreover you can test on gears which you do not have to see what is best for you. the calculator is simply a tool, i found it useful - so i am sharing it with everyone and ofcourse ^^ nobody is forced to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I went vs Nuve (Cloud) and BurningRaven about a couple of months ago. At the moment I sold a lot of gears and trying to get some new ones. The results vs Nuve on last 6 pvps were 2 L 1 W 1 L 2 W and vs. BurningRaven roughly half and half. I want to have a video vs Cloud, similar to vs Distro as I will be hitting hnr 18 in 3 weeks or so and perhaps re-gearing myself Of course, I will be asking them before I start to frap.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 01-03-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Anyway taking another short break at work.

Ran some tests on my own with the calculator I wrote,

Base Damage : 544 Critical Damage : 1377 @ 62 rate - 15 rate resist = 47
    Base Damage : 487 Critical Damage : 1340 @ 67 rate - 15 rate resist = 52
    1000 events per reading x 5 = 5000 events

I put my opponent's defense at 1350

938 947 951 934 919 Total 4689
    936 968 933 943 956 Total 4736

W L W L L
    L W L W W

It seems although the base damage difference is 544 - 487 = 57 and critical damage difference is 1377 - 1340 = 37
    For build 1 I plugged in an expensive build and build 2 a much cheaper build. It's surprising to find Build 2 is slightly ahead!

For Build 1 I used 2xBos8, a 6 slot damage pet and 1 slot Fc crafted Crystal +15 (i.e. 1x40/7 topaz 1xfc cry +15, 40/7 sig helm)
    For Build 2 I used 2 prideus bracelet , 3 mcr 3 dmg pet and a 40/7 topaz (i.e. 2x 40/7 topaz and 40/7 sig helmet)

In both cases I used 3 mcr in glove and suit. Anyway back to work
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 01-03-2013 at 01:08 PM.

"What are you a computer?" - DarrkD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast