Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn2Bm2

Quote Originally Posted by WIpwns View Post
    trauma queen gtf o
    You gtf o before I 1 shot your pos nooblets.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Quote Originally Posted by RekeesEnivid View Post
    this merc vs venus thing is the only topic fueling these forums so deal with it venus peeps... until est decides to develop server wars. Merc will continue owning venus for merc. miavii you're a s.exy drama queen. Can I be your loyal slave?
    fix'd
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Ladies can we please keep things to a decent level ?
    I would like to remind everyone that my presence here is not linked to the fact that I want to "pawn" any NA player, be it Spur or Matrimoney or anyone else. I've said it quite a few times by now, all I wanted was to clear up as to why other people should not go for Spur's bar in terms of performance, because Spur is Spur, if he uses those skills and it fits his playing style, then I'm happy for him, but it's far from 100% efficiency, which other people should focus on, due to lesser gear.

As they will improve their gear to Spur's level, maybe they won't care about dungeoning that much, and will use lvl 20 skills for TG / PVP only, but until then, they need to squeeze the most out of their character, and that can only be done with lower levels on skills. That's all there is to it, and all that ever was in my mind when I first replied here.
    I'm not saying Spur's levels are stu.pid or anything like that, I'm just saying he should not promote his levels for skills as being an optimal choice, because they're not, unless someone has end-game gear already.

And about this "the thing u dont get is i have 12 skills in my bm2 bar for maximum dps so please tell me how to get 12 skills while having 3 lances and not using them "
    The maximum DPS can be achieved with 8-9 skills, if you use them at the proper level. In order for me to answer your question about MAX DPS not MAX HIT on skills, then I would need to use LastHour's calculator for BM2 skills or the link in the first post, and find out the perfect ratio for Damage / Cooldown for each major BM2 skill (like level 9 EDC in this case), but I'm 100% sure you can do that yourself.
    If you meant Max One-time Hit, then yes, you need them on 20. If you meant DPS then you are terribly wrong in keeping them at 20.
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 09-28-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RatzaTM View Post
    it fits his playing style

look at this guys bm2 bar lol

Quote Originally Posted by Matrimoney View Post
    Sorry, but how many times have I shat on you tardmuffins (especially lethal) with screenshots, not to mention videos?
    "qq your bl stats are fake!!" Oh, heres a SS of them.
    "qq wheres ur pluma solo noob" Oh, here it is.
    "qq wheres ur ca5 solo noob" Oh, here it is.

Ring any bells?

Also, where do you think you come into this flame war? You're some lowbie trash 15x Wiz that only wishes he could get up to my level.
    Oh, gratz! You shat on Lethal. We all did. Want a cookie? And btw, not only merc called you noob, tons of people from Venus said it too. I hope you're proud of having...what, 3 friends? Only DarkD, Rage and some other un-legit players from Tang are taking your side.

Call me a lowbie trash 15x wiz if you want to, but I've probably been playing this game longer than you. The difference between you and me is I didnt put any USD in this game and I don't spend all my time playing, because I have something called a life.

this thread is so tired - RatZa has spoken his peace. "Live long and Prosper"

Even a fool gets to be young once...

SIGMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    im not running out of slots, im running out of skill points. lol lvl 12 comp and gm? then my cannons deal more then them.. as i stated like last year
    8k+4ks > 5k+5k
    i think i need to quote myself lol. i know ure from EU and maybe u read things differently but its called figure of speech, heres my post on the 3rd page. its kinda obvious i know cannons will not outdmg a lvl 9 or 12 sc/edc/met but when paired with a lvl 20 sc/edc they will. maybe u didnt see my little scenario on the bottom of that post. 8k+4k > 5k+5k my cannons are obviously the 4ks and they are obviously lower than the lv 9/12 which are 5ks

i cant believe u went thru a whole post about this one statement without reading the rest of it. of course the other NA noobs will just say watever and side along u even if they knew wat i said cause they cant beat me otherwise
    Last edited by Spur; 09-29-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Ok then, please correct me where I might have misunderstood (PS : In Romania we study US English not UK English, so I doubt I misunderstood anything)

1. First, WIPwns posts that people should remove their lances from the bar (to be read : bm2 bar) - You then tell him that lances have the highest DPS in combo (totally unrelated) and that not everyone learns their skills according to the BM bar (not like WIpwns ever suggested to folks that they should unlearn their lances, he simply stated they should not be used in BM2, that's all). Mistake on your side.

2. Then he says that the thread is about BM2, which is obvious due to the title, and you contradict him saying that this thread is about Wizzies, just because you directed the conversation in a wrong way and you feel like continuing to talk about the DPS skills of the wizard. Mistake on your side number 2, as the thread was started with the subject BM2, not "Let's talk about wizards because I'm Spur and I say so". If you want to talk about lances and DPS please make your own thread, next time.

3. You then say that the only reason he posted the chart is because he mocks you (although he never mentioned your name specifically, mistake number 3 for feeling targeted) due to your lvl 20 skills. You stated that you have 12 skills for MAXIMUM DPS, not maximum DPS while having all skills at level 20 because Spur likes to play that way, so everyone (myself included) assumed you are talking about how to obtain maximum DPS for a wizard, no matter the skill levels, not how to obtain maximum DPS while using all skills at 20.

4. You said you are running out of skillpoints not slots, so I showed you how you can improve your MAXIMUM DPS (as you expressed yourself in the post) with less skill points, that's why I based my calculation over the duration of a whole BM and not a single pair of hits. (for me maximum DPS reffers to maximum damage achievable per second, not per 1 cast, so I immediately thought of 90 seconds, which is what 99% of any readers would have thought about as well)

5. I then asked you how can your cannon deal more damage than EDC, and your reply was : maybe your magic is too low (again, misunderstanding, because I was thinking about the total damage output, the end-result of the formula, not just multiplying magic with AMP, as LastHour said, there's also the +add dmg from skill, which I believe you didn't take into consideration when saying, but I didn't know you ignored it from your calculation). So I showed you that the end-result damage formula, not the partial damage formula, inclines the balance towards EDC, no matter the def or magic of the char.

In closing : The subject of the thread was BM2, not a single pair of hits in BM2, am I right ? Thread starter told everyone to remove their lances from the BM2 bar, because they deal low damage, which is 100% accurate. Then the discussion degenerated due to the misuse of maximum DPS in one of your posts, so I focused my attention on detailing the actual maximum DPS of the BM2.
    Indeed, 8 + 4 > 5 + 5, but that applies to this particular comparison only, not the maximum DPS that you mentioned, which in my eyes is calculated over the whole 90 second duration of the BM, and where your comparison becomes null, as the maximum DPS of 90 seconds consists of more pairs of 5+5 that are spammed, when compared to less 8+4 pairs. In the end, 5+5 multiple times will outdamage 8+4 which are cast less times, that's all I wanted to say.

In other words : YOU went offtopic and deviated the subject towards lances use in a wizard's skilltree (not bm2 bar as thread subject), then YOU didn't take into consideration the whole formula of damage output when comparing cannons to EDC, and stated that LC > EDC (which is true, for an incredible amount of magic and without taking into consideration the +add dmg from the 2 skills, but it is false for every wizard out there, including your own), then YOU talked about how to improve the MAXIMUM DPS of your BM2 (again, such generic usage of words would imply a regular WI BM2, not Spur's "I only use lvl 20 skills so show me a better way to improve DPS with lvl 20 skills only"), so I showed you that lowering your skill levels would provide the optimization you were looking for (sorry for not asking you whether you would consider lowering the skill levels an option).

After all this, you are saying it's MY fault for not being able to comprehend proper English just because I'm European ? Excuse me, but who did more mistakes in expressing ideas in this thread ? Who's the one that diverts from subject to subject making mistake after mistake in his statements because he refuses to understand the subject of the thread and posts results of partial formulas for damage and misuses the syntax DPS when in fact it should be DPH (damage per hit or pair of hits) ?
    Please, I had no intention of being aggressive, but the way you try to clean your hands of your faulty statements simply makes me sick and forces me to retaliate, seeing as you try to put this on my back, making me the one to blame for not reading posts and replying randomly, when in fact you give false statement replies based on incomplete/faulty mathematics and use of English language.
    Last edited by RatzaTM; 09-29-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Ok then, please correct me where I might have misunderstood (PS : In Romania we study US English not UK English, so I doubt I misunderstood anything)

1. First, WIPwns posts that people should remove their lances from the bar (to be read : bm2 bar) - You then tell him that lances have the highest DPS in combo (totally unrelated) and that not everyone learns their skills according to the BM bar (not like WIpwns ever suggested to folks that they should unlearn their lances, he simply stated they should not be used in BM2, that's all). Mistake on your side.

2. Then he says that the thread is about BM2, which is obvious due to the title, and you contradict him saying that this thread is about Wizzies, just because you directed the conversation in a wrong way and you feel like continuing to talk about the DPS skills of the wizard. Mistake on your side number 2, as the thread was started with the subject BM2, not "Let's talk about wizards because I'm Spur and I say so". If you want to talk about lances and DPS please make your own thread, next time.

3. You then say that the only reason he posted the chart is because he mocks you (although he never mentioned your name specifically, mistake number 3 for feeling targeted) due to your lvl 20 skills. You stated that you have 12 skills for MAXIMUM DPS, not maximum DPS while having all skills at level 20 because Spur likes to play that way, so everyone (myself included) assumed you are talking about how to obtain maximum DPS for a wizard, no matter the skill levels, not how to obtain maximum DPS while using all skills at 20.

4. You said you are running out of skillpoints not slots, so I showed you how you can improve your MAXIMUM DPS (as you expressed yourself in the post) with less skill points, that's why I based my calculation over the duration of a whole BM and not a single pair of hits. (for me maximum DPS reffers to maximum damage achievable per second, not per 1 cast, so I immediately thought of 90 seconds, which is what 99% of any readers would have thought about as well)

5. I then asked you how can your cannon deal more damage than EDC, and your reply was : maybe your magic is too low (again, misunderstanding, because I was thinking about the total damage output, the end-result of the formula, not just multiplying magic with AMP, as LastHour said, there's also the +add dmg from skill, which I believe you didn't take into consideration when saying, but I didn't know you ignored it from your calculation). So I showed you that the end-result damage formula, not the partial damage formula, inclines the balance towards EDC, no matter the def or magic of the char.

In closing : The subject of the thread was BM2, not a single pair of hits in BM2, am I right ? Thread starter told everyone to remove their lances from the BM2 bar, because they deal low damage, which is 100% accurate. Then the discussion degenerated due to the misuse of maximum DPS in one of your posts, so I focused my attention on detailing the actual maximum DPS of the BM2.
    Indeed, 8 + 4 > 5 + 5, but that applies to this particular comparison only, not the maximum DPS that you mentioned, which in my eyes is calculated over the whole 90 second duration of the BM, and where your comparison becomes null, as the maximum DPS of 90 seconds consists of more pairs of 5+5 that are spammed, when compared to less 8+4 pairs. In the end, 5+5 multiple times will outdamage 8+4 which are cast less times, that's all I wanted to say.

In other words : YOU went offtopic and deviated the subject towards lances use in a wizard's skilltree (not bm2 bar as thread subject), then YOU didn't take into consideration the whole formula of damage output when comparing cannons to EDC, and stated that LC > EDC (which is true, for an incredible amount of magic and without taking into consideration the +add dmg from the 2 skills, but it is false for every wizard out there, including your own), then YOU talked about how to improve the MAXIMUM DPS of your BM2 (again, such generic usage of words would imply a regular WI BM2, not Spur's "I only use lvl 20 skills so show me a better way to improve DPS with lvl 20 skills only"), so I showed you that lowering your skill levels would provide the optimization you were looking for (sorry for not asking you whether you would consider lowering the skill levels an option).

After all this, you are saying it's MY fault for not being able to comprehend proper English just because I'm European ? Excuse me, but who did more mistakes in expressing ideas in this thread ? Who's the one that diverts from subject to subject making mistake after mistake in his statements because he refuses to understand the subject of the thread and posts results of partial formulas for damage and misuses the syntax DPS when in fact it should be DPH (damage per hit or pair of hits) ?
    Please, I had no intention of being aggressive, but the way you try to clean your hands of your faulty statements simply makes me sick and forces me to retaliate, seeing as you try to put this on my back, making me the one to blame for not reading posts and replying randomly, when in fact you give false statement replies based on incomplete/faulty mathematics and use of English language.
    Spur got shat on again basically. LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Banned

wanna write my essay thats due tomorrow?

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast