Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: i think we all agree that this event is AMAZING, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    source confirmed by me, bruh.

NA GMs must come up with event ideas months ahead and wait to get it approved. NA GMs cannot set the prices on cash shops either.

their job is basically banning rule violators, provide customer support, and submitting bug reports/troubleshooting.

past former GMs have come out and expressed frustration at the lack of control over how and what they could do for the game, including one of my friend who worked for them previously (not as GM, though).

luckily even though NA population is small there are plenty of heavy spenders.
    Thanks for your insight on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    their job is basically banning rule violators, provide customer support, and submitting bug reports/troubleshooting.
    Not saying you're wrong but did anyone else cringe/giggle when reading this? haha.

Shadow Titanium
    This event so far the worst event that I could remember. It s for the poor, rich everyone... Low drop rate on ornament, and the rich does not want to buy too expensive star => economy stop which is terrible.
    If NA GM could have submit a better event (because this event is the worst). They are either lacking the ability of economic or doesn't care at all.

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    This event so far the worst event that I could remember. It s for the poor, rich everyone... Low drop rate on ornament, and the rich does not want to buy too expensive star => economy stop which is terrible.
    If NA GM could have submit a better event (because this event is the worst). They are either lacking the ability of economic or doesn't care at all.
    read what i said dude, im telling you you're blaming it on the wrong people

Shadow Titanium
    I was replying to tonberry post. I dont believe that GM in NA just sit there and do whatever the HQ tell them to. People at korea doesnt live in NA, or know as much as GM in NA does so it makes sense that tonberry's post is more accurate which is that GM in NA send event ideas and thing over there and wait for approval.

My personal believe is that GM in NA actually have control over event to a certain amount. (so they can change drop rate of event but not exceed some value)

wat approval do you need for events that have been recycled since the beginning of time???

collection events
    1)you collect or buy a bunch of event items
    2)you trade ridiculous amounts of those items for a rng item that you open
    3)you get a special event item that can be used to trade for "epic" stuff

event mobs
    1)halloween = pumpking, christmas = santa
    2)find mob randomly located in said maps
    3)either solo, call friends, megaphone, or hack to kill the boss
    4)get drop

Deleting your characters is an option
    RIP El Shaddoll Construct =(

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettezr1 View Post
    Man, you guys are directing the blame onto the wrong crowd. First off the GMs, here at NA, just do what HQ tells them, they just have a job like anyone else. Now, the ones who decide whether we get new events, or whether we get to have certain items, its up to HQ (aka KR). KR sees the drop in community here in NA, but they could gaf less about this server. So they tell our GMs to keep prices a certain way, for example KR has like 10x our population is its 10x cheaper over there to buy . Not to mention the game sells itself over there, if you want you can go ask any of your friends irl who have a clue of MMOs, that you havent told them of the existance of cabal, and ask them what cabal is, most of them wont have a damn clue.

Stop complaining of the drops rate here, or how ty the GMs are, because these GMs cant just go into the damn code and change it, idk what their policy is but im sure they cant touch the code or else they would get fired. Think about it from an outside standpoint, idk how playing this game will benefit any of you in your outside lives, so why complain. The GMs care about their own lives lol, the USD spending essentially in a way pays their bills, i understand you put a load of hours into the game, and yes trying to be competitive vs those who just got deep wallets is hard, trust me ik, enjoy the game as much as you can.

But if you think you can make a difference buy a flight to KR and voice your opinions, doubt they would even listen, everything is just buisness you must understand that.

GM obviously got the message because before this threat was created each FI run i'd get no more than 16 ornaments. A day or 2 later I started getting between 25-30 ornaments a run. Was running at least 5 hours every day of FI.

Really don't think they need permission.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by MhyCheese View Post
    GM obviously got the message because before this threat was created each FI run i'd get no more than 16 ornaments. A day or 2 later I started getting between 25-30 ornaments a run. Was running at least 5 hours every day of FI.

Really don't think they need permission.
    i can confirm this.

drop rate has increase by about 75%

speculation to say whether or not it can be accredited to this thread
    but the point is that they must have some sort of immediate control over the game, considering that prior to the 116% drop rate application
    the drop rate of ornaments undeniably increased.

they heard our cries :')

I believe its a mixture of both HQ and the GMs. Over the past year I've seen many events aimed fully at reaching into the community's wallets. These events are happening more frequently than before. One week sghh, two weeks later pet untrain, etc etc. As everyone knows, the community is dying. You have big figures that have been famous throughout CABAL history quitting the game. Big figures were almost certain to be alz buyers. I digress. If this game doesn't generate enough money the servers will close. It's happened to other online games I've played. So, these events are like the final attempts to survive. I see this game closing its servers within the next 2 years due to lack of revenue.
    This is my opinion. Disagree or agree as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    I was replying to tonberry post. I dont believe that GM in NA just sit there and do whatever the HQ tell them to. People at korea doesnt live in NA, or know as much as GM in NA does so it makes sense that tonberry's post is more accurate which is that GM in NA send event ideas and thing over there and wait for approval.

My personal believe is that GM in NA actually have control over event to a certain amount. (so they can change drop rate of event but not exceed some value)
    no bro, there are certain holiday events that cycle every year regardless of NA GMs input so cloud is right, this isn't really on NA GMs at all. they can't even impact the drop rate for the events (ornaments i think? i just came to NA for vacation since i now live in korea so i dont know what's really going on here). if it's dropping more, it just means there are more people actively farming it (that's just how drop system works in cabal).

the biggest misconception is the drop rate for servers are different. i am here to tell you that drop rates for each servers are all the same even for events like this (with the exception of SEA possibly). they just have much more active players than NA - if you've played this game when 7 coins accessories were craftable (especially during the accessory effect stacking exploit), you know how server population and how item cycling impacts a mob's drops or when you open a chest in a dungeon.

random events like placing world boss on starter maps or bonus wexp/exp/ap weekend events are usually ones that local GM team come up with and submit the requests. those requests require great amount of finite detail, its not a matter of "hey korea i was thinking itd be cool if we could have lautus pluma in bloody ice and people can hit them and it'll drop stuff."

the business scheme estsoft runs with their localization team can be picked up if you've stayed in the cabal community long enough. if you are from the ogplanet era, you will remember [GM]Kalaydrah who quit/got fired and posted a lengthy post about what happens in the background. a lot of things have changed since then, but some of the things she pointed out still remains true. if you also pay attention to the live stream, you can connect the dots.

ive been playing cabal since JP server first opened, i've played on JP server, KR server, and EU server before NA server finally came out. things like this you kind of pick up without realizing. i dont play cabal anymore, but cabal was and is still my favorite mmo since i first got into mmo in 2004. (now i play vainglory on my tablet )

edit:
    people have been predicting cabal to shut down for at least 6 years now. i remember when k-red boards first came out people went ham and raised the flag to start quitting. when the first amp scroll event came out, people went ham again. cabal na has at least 4-5 years left in its tank imho. if this community does fold, it'll just be consolidated under other servers that are still healthy. honestly, people cry wolf and declare cabal's ending pretty much every four months.

events like these and cash shop rotation, koreans have had it years before we started getting the same thing mostly thanks to estsoft deciding that they would take charge of localization rather than leave it up to third party localization team (good bye OGPlanet for NA and GameMasters for EU even though GameMasters did a stellar job on EU).

speaking of cabal EU, most of you all should have observed how estsoft wrung the cabal carpet from GameMaster's feet. that was probably the most messed up business deal ive ever seen and really set the tone on how shady the HQ operates.

wow, i ended up writing an essay. but i cant sleep because my biological time is still messed up :|

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast