Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: new server?

Then make the option for levels 140 and below to be able to transfer to that server, but nothing over 140 or so...

Also, set it to a limit of how many can transfer from TITAN to the other server. Say maybe a quarter of the server?
    This means they still ahve the option to transfer back to TITAN as a fail safe.

and i forgot to mention in my last post, make it so that anyone on the opposite server of titan, is allowed to transfer once.
    Once the servers are populated, you can do a server transfer, but in the end, keep both servers.

but cost of ownership of another server might be more than what EST has in mind at the moment, who knows maybe in the future =]

The AH will have to restart itself.

I think that a new server would be a good idea but:
    1) why would a new player stay if there is already a populated server.
    everyone left venus for a reason all the good gear left no one could play the fun dungeons, and we needed a merge after a while.
    2)you can only sell so many costumes to a limited population, its why costumes aren't so expensive anymore, everyone has one of each.
    3)How will a new population be lured in, drop boost ? buffed exp gains? ok then after they have enough ppl then what normal server stats and ppl will qq cause "veterans" get/got all the good stuff what about the New "new players".
    4)who will teach the kids how to freestyle?

Quote Originally Posted by MutherluvingFA View Post
    I think that a new server would be a good idea but:
    1) why would a new player stay if there is already a populated server.
    everyone left venus for a reason all the good gear left no one could play the fun dungeons, and we needed a merge after a while.
    2)you can only sell so many costumes to a limited population, its why costumes aren't so expensive anymore, everyone has one of each.
    3)How will a new population be lured in, drop boost ? buffed exp gains? ok then after they have enough ppl then what normal server stats and ppl will qq cause "veterans" get/got all the good stuff what about the New "new players".
    4)who will teach the kids how to freestyle?
    1. Only naive thought you couldn't run the "fun dungeons". It's for the excitement of starting from the very beginning. It has a certain thrill for some people, but not everyone obviously.
    2. You're already talking about legal alz buyng? Geeze... Simple, just don't sell them, or much less buy them to sell them.
    3. Yes, some benefits for awhile. The idea has been toyed with before with special events for the new server.
    4. How did we learn how to freestyle? Oh hey we learned from teaching ourselves over time. That and the plethora of YouTube videos out there. Additionally, any of the older players that decide to play on the server, which there are many of, can teach.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
    I just find it funny you think you know me. Please, do go on. c:
    i know you :3

Response

Nuttzeh is semi right in his suggestion for newer players that are coming to Cabal, but you can't just restart the game because one or few players find it too hard to get to the level of veteran players. The game is already in its 8th year so how can you just clean the slate as you just said, No it's not simple and clean.....that's not fair for players that have been here since its inception. Earlier there was a person posting about lag, and lag is one of many reasons people either quit or just don't stay and play Cabal for long. Thou your reason is valid, there's other ways that you can help the "newer Cabal players" so starting over the game isn't one of them. You said before that they're no authentic players that are new to cabal, i find that one sided. A few days ago while i was in bloody ice a "nubby" invited me to her party and it was full of players that were new to the game. Its rare for you to find players that are new to Cabal, but they still exist. One of many suggestion that I could give to Cabal, and not just our server but all the servers that they own is create a system of "Gain your way". Let me explain this, when you create your player your in the 1-51 tier and when you max out you can enter the next tier. This will follow that new player to the end based on tiers, newer players would find dungeons, grind parties and atmosphere. instead of the dropping your player into the mix of veteran players, the player would have to gain their way threw out the game similar to the way we get to enter new maps. Here's some ways i think Cabal could prosper in the future.

Events

Event gear that is currently in circulation is going to stay in circulation there isn't any way the game could just get rid of them so every player without them could catch up. So why not add events based on tiers, and when that lower level tier max out of their tier they can either trade or sell that even gear. In the past Cabal use to have skilling events for the lower level players, they can bring that back and give each of the tiers their own "Bosses". Right now there's dungeon entries that are being circulated for lower levels that could be used for the correct tiers in this scenario. Each tier should have their own events, but if the event is for the whole game then the entire game should get it with restrictions of course.

Tiers

Based on Mission war, the server would based off in sections not server splits. This could cut down on the lag that we are currently getting because of the increasing players coming over or starting to play Cabal. Level 1-51 (this isn't a real tier this is just an example), 52-79, 80-109, 110-139, 140-169 and 170-190. That's one way you could setup all the channels instead of the numbering channels that we have now. Section off every number channel with two or four channels in each and place a premium channel in each tier. The trade & war channel could be where every player can enter this would be at the bottom labeled its pacific propose. For players that aren't in a pacific tier, they'll see every tier in a gray shadow (meaning they wont be able to enter) The Mission war hidden channels will appear in the pacific tier, when its war time. The Game Master should find this more easy to monitor.

1-51 (2 channels Regular & Premium)
    80-109 (4 channels) (2 regular channels & 2 Premium)
    110-139 (4 channels) (2 regular channels & 2 Premium)
    140-169 (4 channels) (2 regular channels & 2 Premium)
    170-190 (6 channels) (4 regular channels & 2 Premium)

TRADE & WAR (2 channels in this section)

Final thought, I know most of what we say gets considered so i don't expect any of this to actually happen. Almost everyone been either complaining about lag issues, or just not having enough help. Setting up a system where the new players feel like they're not alone could cut down on the lack of population and activity in some players eyes. Lets remember a more stable community that's helping the game masters understand what the players concerns are benefit them in the long run. One thing that i would suggest to the senior players is cutdown on trying to get new players to play like them. I say let them figure it out, but still help.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011