Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basic Wizard Guide. (By Nana3B)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    fb roots and darkness you and that's the only skill you'll be using
    ur rooted ..ur gonna die anyway...besides u start combo as soon as he gets in range if hes a dumb fb and doesnt use canons

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ankoun2232 View Post
    negative
    It'll be dependent on your stats but the higher your m.attack becomes, the better Freezing lance will get in comparison to Stone Cannon (in combo). Stone Cannon will only be stronger for WI with low stats.

And the 9 range is still amazingly useful. I didn't used to use Freezing Lance but I picked it up when I was around lv.140; I've kept it ever since and I love it.
    Last edited by Cathy; 06-25-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Forcium
    ur rooted ..ur gonna die anyway...besides u start combo as soon as he gets in range if hes a dumb fb and doesnt use canons
    lol? u get 3 lances on him in war or pk or freestyle and start combo when he comes up to you and you win already... someone is bad?

AGREED

i myself use vamp with bosses

if you cant survive ..range bm2 works well

even then u might get agro
    Did you read my reply to Deathlymonkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Nana3B View Post
    I already mention having vamp in dungeon's stuffs, and as you can see, it's not an option for gears, but in must have Accessories. Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but when I say gears, that only include Helm, Boots, Suit, and Gloves.

I also listed the option of wearing Amp for dungeon, however that remain as an option, not the only choice. I, myself, wear full Osm 7% Amp +9 +10 +11 for dungeon, but I'm making this guide assuming readers are newbie and they don't have the kind of alz to buy these gears. That's being said, there is no way these guy can survive with a lame Osm set. Compare with +6 junk osm, a +1 set of Forcy 1 slot would win any day. And with a non-fixed stat, they should have way more than enough Dex and Str to be able to wear Forcy.

Also, vamping is good, but it's not enough. With 1 vs 1 opponent, such as boss, vamp is out of the question. Running dungeon with newbies made me realize this: I rather have them be able to stand there and do some damage, rather than have they die after hitting once, and run all the way back (which most of the time they can't), which does almost no damage at all.

Again, like I said, this is a very basic WI build guide, which gives them the option to build a decent WI base without having to spend unneeded alz.

^-^
    Please don't tell me you have HP steal in your helm and boot. Well, unless you have forcy HP steal then that's a different story.

If you cant survive ..range bm2 works well
    Boss won't hit you in range? Try bm2 with a spike boss and tell me the outcome again?

With boss, the best thing you could do is have decent Def and spam HP pots like crazy, that's if you're lucky enough to don't get him 2 hit you. Well, unless your boss is surrounded by a bunch of mobs, or the biggest dungeon you ever gone to is FT1, or you find a FA heal slave. Have you ever seen anyone try vamping 1 mob and survive? Of course Vamp help, but it doesn't guarantee your safety. Compare to getting maybe 100Hp steal per 1.5 sec on boss, 700Hp pot win any day.

freezing lance = bad dps...terra fire aqua stone cano fire canon instead of terra fire aqua freezing stone canon...makes no sense
    Freezing Lance = 65% Amp. 131 Add Atk. 1.8s Casting Time.
    Fire Cannon = 85% Amp. 154 Add Atk. 2.0s Casting Time.

1,000 Magic, 50% Amp => Base Magic = 1,000 x (1 + 50%) = 1,500
    Freezing Lance dps = [1,500 x (1 + 65%) + 131] / 1.8 = 1447.78
    Fire Cannon dps = [1,500 x (1 + 85%) + 154]/2 = 1464.5

It's a 17 dps differences with mobs with a magic base of lvl 160+. With human, damage/4 which means it's only around 4-5 dps differences. In a combo, you have 0.2 sec faster to use your Finisher. Your finisher can handle even 100 damage, so that's just mean you kill your opponent faster.

What kind of FB use cannons o.O?

And XI is right. Unless you're really bad or not MF proof, FB usually can't kill you 1 on 1. There is nothing as just sit there and wait to die.

With each debuff, FB would need:
    Root = 1.5
    Hard Luck = 1.5
    MF = 1.5
    Lvl Down = 0.9

then a 0.8 sec dash to you, and 2.0 sec to start combo.

A total of 8.2 sec for you to spam skill. Even if you don't combo, with that time you already cast at least 4 lances to them plus extra time to use Weaken. That's if you don't already hit them from far away.

And seriously, except for extremely powerful FB, if you just hit a Space Collapse lvl 20 to their face, usually they will start running away. ^-^

SO WHAT
    u use it when a fb roots u ...wow such good use

even at that..if you want it so bad delete crap like weakness sharpness and then get it
    Read the guide again. Both of those are listed as OPTIONAL. Also even if you don't delete them, you still have space for fire canon. Wiz have 26 Magic slot, and the guide filled 22 slot, which mean you'd have 4 slot to spare. If you play WI you should already see this.

I have Fire Cannon, I just end up never use it, so I don't include it in here. With mobs it knock-back and throw those mobs off and scatter everywhere. With PVP lances always win faster, if you lose, you lose, lances or cannon doesn't matter. In war you can usually kill an opponent on 11 combo, which mean fire cannon won't get repeated for it extra 17 dps anyway.
    Last edited by Nana3B; 06-25-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Server Mercury
    Nana3B NanaRekca NanaNyaa BuNhi MaBuw XiuXiu

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    lol? u get 3 lances on him in war or pk or freestyle and start combo when he comes up to you and you win already... someone is bad?
    He's trying to correct xi?!?! Do he kno what pro he's talking too?!?

Quote Originally Posted by CandiCoatted View Post
    He's trying to correct xi?!?! Do he kno what pro he's talking too?!?
    Obviously not.
    Server Mercury
    Nana3B NanaRekca NanaNyaa BuNhi MaBuw XiuXiu

RedOsmium
    Most in depth guide I've ever seen. Good work Nana! Petition for sticky starts here. Sticky it GMs!

Exclamation

For stun lock, i use meteorite(lvl 9), extreme dual cannon(lvl12) and stone cannon(lvl20). It seems to work, but i'll try your way and see how it works out. I used to use arctic for BM2 but have completely taken it out lol.
    BM2 is a calamity of cannons, lances and edc, met and sc. Seems to work well, so far, but i still have thoughts as to redoing it.
    My combo is terra lance>stone cannon>edc>met>sc then fire cannon and fire lance at the end in to switch things around for a combo that uses more dps (idk lol, i'm weird like that) and at the end i put burning hand as a means of using blink/dash/fade combos when range is reached and i need to move, or fade combo in war.
    my dps uses terra lance>aqua lance>fire lance>stone cannon>meteorite and it's worked pretty nice
    What do you think? Lol, some in venus perceive my WI as pro, but squishy
    -KhaosIncarnate
    Last edited by XvxDantexvX; 07-11-2012 at 10:30 PM.

freezing lance = bad dps...terra fire aqua stone cano fire canon instead of terra fire aqua freezing stone canon...makes no sense
    They dont I did the math bro, trust me!!

Shadow Titanium
    Why should you not have hp steal in gloves? Crafted 7% amp with 1 or 2 slots, I myself would rather keep my crit/rate rings and put hp steal in the slot rather then a measly 2 defense. I'll sacrifice 2 defense for 10 crit dmg any day.
    [/url]

B>Battle cart 2/3 Air/bloody disc 2/3 1 slot +0 titanium battleboots

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast