Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: B0LA ft MetalGirl Duo Pluma 2sp (COBR)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I'm talking about our mails to each other in game when you were trying to defend what you were doing as being legal. I wasn't even going to submit the videos b/c I didn't feel like compressing them and uploading them and submitting them, but you repeatedly told me it was legal and the GM's wouldn't ban you for it. So I had to prove you wrong.
    Last edited by Triplethreat; 11-13-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    I'm talking about our mails to each other in game when you were trying to defend what you were doing as being legal. I wasn't even going to submit the videos b/c I didn't feel like compressing them and uploading them and submitting them, but you repeatedly told me it was legal and the GM's wouldn't ban you for it. So I had to prove you wrong.
    That was post my attempt to ban someone for same thing, and prior to my ban for the same thing due to thinking/understanding that it wasn't perma bannable since the other person wasn't perma banned for it. The difference was that in between his ban and mine was that there wasn't a set rule in the ToS specifically about macros until AFTER he was unbanned, and BEFORE I was banned. So his case may have been that determinant for it being added to the ToS.

So yes, at that time I didn't think it was illegal since it was previously banned and unbanned. Though as we came to learn shortly later, that was not the case and I learned the hard way.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    That was post my attempt to ban someone for same thing, and prior to my ban for the same thing due to thinking/understanding that it wasn't perma bannable since the other person wasn't perma banned for it. The difference was that in between his ban and mine was that there wasn't a set rule in the ToS specifically about macros until AFTER he was unbanned, and BEFORE I was banned. So his case may have been that determinant for it being added to the ToS.

So yes, at that time I didn't think it was illegal since it was previously banned and unbanned. Though as we came to learn shortly later, that was not the case and I learned the hard way.
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. the irony. i want report someone macro bot but they only got temp ban. this must mean that it's okay to do it myself as well! thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by geegeegee View Post
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. the irony. i want report someone macro bot but they only got temp ban. this must mean that it's okay to do it myself as well! thanks for proving my point.
    Except that macro repeats are not botting. Yes both loop actions. Bots intercept game packets and do further actions. Macro repeats are limited to game mechanics. While both are illegal in automation, one is a version of hacking while the other isn't. But I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that.

As Tea mentioned, and also a GM that I've talked to in the past, is that macro's are typically not even noticed, so that's why they get away with it.

This is deviating from the original topic about duo pluma and turning into arguements that have been already discussed in the past nearly 2 years ago that which have had answers, in larger detail. The ending result still being the same. Don't bother dragging this thread into otherwise anymore. It's already derailed bad enough. You can hate on me or my past actions all you want, but it doesn't effect anything of current, nor relate to anything of the topic, which we've already drifted away from too much. If you really want to argue with me more, just pm me. Seriously.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 11-13-2014 at 07:11 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned

Titanium
    Great job Bola. Props on the duo.

I remember when I broke my keyboard halfway through the Mission Battle Ladder event clawing too hard. RIP to my laptop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345