Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The XI campaign thread

Forcium

The XI campaign thread

So, if you do or don't know already, I'm the pilot of "Xiwi," also known as "XI"
    If you're like more information on me and would like to see me playing Cabal, here's my YouTube channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/reportscabal

I'm interested in this trip to Korea not only to be NA's representative for the PVP portion of the trip, to also be there to ask questions and give suggestions of the path Cabal will take. Most people know me as probably the biggest "troll" NA has right now... however contrary to popular belief, I actually know a thing or two around this game.

First thing's first. Why do I want XI going to Korea for this event?
    1. The most important part, guaranteed 1st place in the pvp portion to bring home gold for NA
    2. I will be making a list of everything anyone wants to ask to developers and ask them for you as well as record answers.
    3. It has been a long time dream of mine to finally go to Korea (for those of you who can't tell from my youtube videos already, I'm a huge kpop addict)
    4. Did I mention it's bringing home gold for NA for the pvp tournament?

What makes you special XI?
    For those who don't know me, I've pretty much set the standard meta for freestyle pvp and pk for the game you play today. It may sound braggish/ snobish/ douchebaggish, but it's completely true. The freestyle pvp and pk meta of today wouldn't be anything like it is now without me. Anyone who you believe is good in this game was 95% of the time had at one time trained under me.

That's nice and all but...
    What are some suggestions you have for the path Cabal is headed right now?
    Here are some questions I already have in mind, as well as some suggestions.

COMMUNITY SUGGESTIONS: PLEASE READ!!
    If you have any suggestions of your own of this game or any issues you think I didn't address, please go to the following seireitei website and make a new thread about your suggestions/ concerns! This will make it easy for me to get everyone's suggestions/ concerns! ANYONE can post here, even if you don't have a forum account!

http://seireiteiforever.com/forums/621302

On the deep end:
    > Nation war "INCENTIVE TO COMPETE"

OPTION 1:

*Players are lazy now. They simply go in for 30/ 150 points and relog without trying and don't care if they win or lose war seeing as the winning and losing nation gets the same amount of wexp. An idea to fix this would be to bring back the old system where the winning nation gets more wexp than the other to bring back the competitive spirit of war. However, this also leads to people just transferring to the other nation hoping for a free carry - which leads me to my second point.

*People will just keep switching to the winning nation. A way to fix this would be to add a penalty to switching nations, a penalty just like the kill title penalty whereas you only keep your kills for that certain nation. (Example: Player 1 has honor 15 on the Capellian side and switches to the Procyon side. Player 1 now has honor 0 on procyon)

> Saints & Arcane Golem events
    *Players are suggesting that these events do not fit the work/ reward section seeing as it's extremely biased towards the nation with more people as well as people just standing around waiting for the drops. Is there any plans for a fix to this to make it more balanced?

> Titles
    *Nation war kill title rewards are not worth their risk/ reward factor. It takes a lot more to kill the opposing nation rather than killing a guard or a base gate. I believe that kill titles should either be buffed, or give something extra (such as extra wexp) in war.

> Future of Cabal 1
    *What's the future of Cabal 1 with Cabal 2 right around the corner?

On the shallow end:

> The RNG (random number generated) factor.
    *Player believe that their chances are extremely low at anything they do in this game, due to there being absolutely no indicator of percentages. I believe adding a success meter would greatly help the population decide what to do in terms of rng be it crafting or upgrading.

>GVGs are not very popular
    *There are actually 2 solutions to this. But here is the first one. Make GVGs massive. When I say massive, I mean last longer. GVGs should be a long and hard fought battle that takes place over a couple of days. This allows people who aren't on to also join in, and have gvgs that go across different areas and different people. It will also show which guild truly reigns supreme. Currently, a gvg's timer runs out if a player doesn't attack another player within 2-3minutes.

*The second option is to add in a smaller form of having organized fights - Party vs Party. It has been a long time suggestion of the Cabal community and has no draw back and would greatly increase the pvp popularity for this game.

> This game is too gear dependent
    *As a lot of you already know, I'm not the most geared out person, so I stand at a poorman's standpoint. I can legitly say I've never had over 3bil in my inventory at one time. I have also not spent anything on buying safeguards and such. Despite this, I can probably beat anyone in this server in freestyle or pk. However, due to the meta of this game and mechanics, the only way for someone to win against someone with better gear with both players being equally skilled is for that person to be a wiz. If not, the freestyle meta falls under the standard standing pvp meta because of the fact that equally skilled players won't give up free hits and the freestyle turns into a standing pvp. For a solution to this, an idea is to either make pvps less gear reliant, or to increase the ease of getting such items through continuous pvp/ gvg/ war/ etc. or anything else not so RNG.

> Practice war map
    For more details, read this thread.
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...actice-war-map

This concludes my suggestion/ question part.

To sum everything up, I believe I should be one to represent Cabal NA because I promise to bring home gold for you guys that I love so much :>

I will edit this thread for future additions.
    Last edited by Sprite; 09-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Now you just gotta put all that into a video (no seriously it's part of the registration)

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

lol Stephen, ur not running?

+1 for XI the best player in NA

o.o You has my vote then!

^+1
    #ateam

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    lol Stephen, ur not running?
    I am going to try. Just making sure he knew all of what it entails. I'd be more than happy for him to go .

If you ACTUALLY read the registration process you would know the order of how it goes. This is simply a normal dimplomatic tactic. Draw them in to you first. Then have your actual post for voting. Then voila, votes. There will be a larger collection and the GM will post the nominations which we end up voting on. It'll include a video created by each nominee.

My FB Guide

its okay vald there are 2 spots left.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I am going to try. Just making sure he knew all of what it entails. I'd be more than happy for him to go .

If you ACTUALLY read the registration process you would know the order of how it goes. This is simply a normal dimplomatic tactic. Draw them in to you first. Then have your actual post for voting. Then voila, votes. There will be a larger collection and the GM will post the nominations which we end up voting on. It'll include a video created by each nominee.
    Not "try" please DO IT! Plus learning freestyle from you and hardcore practices in PI, I say you have a shot at it! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Not "try" please DO IT! Plus learning freestyle from you and hardcore practices in PI, I say you have a shot at it! XD
    Thanks.
    But this is XI's thread. Supposed to support him!
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 09-08-2012 at 12:24 AM.

My FB Guide

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast