Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: EST hanging on FB OP balls.

The reason fb aren't op is cause bm1 is on a time limit, and they can't spam bm1+aura all war...bm1 has a crazy cooldown in war for a reason.

And if you had 30 fb against 30 ppl in war, yes they probably would almost always win if they knew what they were doing AND had good gear, simply due to the crazy amount of debuffs thrown around...unless you had ppl that knew how to counter fb well...but it seems 90% of people don't...or can't.

If you had 2 or 3 fa/bl in each party that knew debuff removal/resist skills, you could even the odds, but how often do you get that...

If you did however, you could keep removing roots and run until fb ran out of bm1+aura then come back at them with your forces and kill them on even ground. Ideally you'd use FS or WA (plus a BL maybe) to tank up front and dmg them with FA giving support behind. Have occasional WI come in and help too and have your FBs mass root the other FBs since they don't have root immunity.

That's one scenario...but of course there are flaws with it, just like there will be flaws in almost any scenario for the other side.

In all honesty, probably the best counter to a FB...is another FB, because their greatest weakness is themselves.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 05-12-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadacus_ater View Post
    Happens all the time in my experience...that's just how fb are in bm1+aura...god mode. If they know what they are doing that is. They gain some of the highest stat boosts in the game with that combination, you gotta either completely outgear them (and i mean like make them look ultra nooby with their gear), run, or beat them with multiple people. Only thing they lose is crit stats, which don't mean much if they are built well.
    So you agree if an FB in t5 can root you and use bm1+aura, there is no chance at all for a wizard no matter how strong the wizard is? Why does only one class have a "god mode" and no other class has it? Isn't that a bit unfair? They are not only in "god mode" but they have the ability to root + mass root, mf, enervation,hard luck,darkness, etc. Add all that to root glitches like dc and broken combos, it just becomes impossible not to get annoyed. At least make it fair by giving us some chance of avoiding root (instant immunity or storm guardian). This is why I dislike EST's approach. They don't listen to complaints at all.

Since when are FBs good for pve?

Banned

In all honesty, probably the best counter to a FB...is another FB, because their greatest weakness is themselves.
    Yep

long and hard.
    Giggity

TitusAquilinus-180 BL
    Knight of Passion/Stormy Great Gladiator/Famed Blade Craftsman
    TitusAquiInus- 10X BL
    Famed Headpiece Crafter
    TitusTyrannus- 13X WA

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    So you agree if an FB in t5 can root you and use bm1+aura, there is no chance at all for a wizard no matter how strong the wizard is? Why does only one class have a "god mode" and no other class has it? Isn't that a bit unfair? They are not only in "god mode" but they have the ability to root + mass root, mf, enervation,hard luck,darkness, etc. Add all that to root glitches like dc and broken combos, it just becomes impossible not to get annoyed. At least make it fair by giving us some chance of avoiding root (instant immunity or storm guardian). This is why I dislike EST's approach. They don't listen to complaints at all.
    So next are you going to complain about FS aod? Or WA bm2 down spam? Or WI Blink+Dash running away from you while spamming lances? Every class has moments where they get annoying...it's just that FB strong points happen to be debuffing you (recall they are the only class with no shorts) or having moments where it isn't smart to 1v1 them (travel with another FB in your party perhaps?).

Yes root is possibly the most hated skill in cabal, and with good reason, but without it, what would you do against people like WI or bike riders who pester the living daylights out of you and avoid taking a hit? Pray a FA or another WI lands a skill to down/stun them long enough to kill them? I don't think down affects bike riders, does stun even affect them? You can't address this 'problem' easily. The only thing I could suggest off the top of my head is to increase the cool down of root, but that would be a dangerous move. It could upset the balance of the game severely.

I will agree with you on glitchy debuffs though. Can't tell you how many times I get rooted and the Hard Luck or even the SP cooldown icon appears instead of root. That bothers me to no end.

SIGMetal
    i think thats enough to define OP isnt it? your pretty much saying its unstopable unless u get another OP FB

Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    i think thats enough to define OP isnt it? your pretty much saying its unstopable unless u get another OP FB
    It is NOT unstoppable...

Unstoppable indicates you can throw everything at it and it won't stop.
    That is simply not the case.

It is hard to stop, I won't deny that, but NOT unstoppable. One of the biggest problems I see in wars is that people try to do stuff solo. You can't do that and expect to win against everything. I don't care if its a WA, a FS, a WI, a FA, a BL or a FB. One of you is going down if you go at it. FB are a common scapegoat cause they can root and use other debuffs. If you remove them from the equation, next you get WA or WI perhaps.

Also, just because a FB is the best counter to other FBs doesn't mean it's the only counter. If people stopped doing solo acts and actually formed decent groups, you could kill the 'OP' rouge FB (i.e. assign one person to handle root and another to handle mf). Impossible request I know...I struggle to find groups in war perhaps more than anyone (I try but get separated a lot). Still, I know I can't do stuff alone.

And if you decide to go the route of "Ok how about a group of FB?" again, refer to my previous post giving a scenario for that. I'm not repeating that post.

EDIT: If you REALLY wanna convince me FB are OP, STUDY the combos of FBs and figure out a combo you could use to COUNTER it with your class. If you really can't, then please complain again. I won't deny assassinate is probably THE most annoying attack skill in the game 1v1, but I highly doubt it is unbeatable. I myself don't care enough to test that.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 05-12-2011 at 06:32 PM.

dude you just bad at timing the combo then, lmao

Banned
    First off you're all noobs,stop complaining about classes being noobs or OP,it's just that you can't use them,learn how to use them first before you guys make a thread about it? ty HAAA lol? you mad?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast