PDA

View Full Version : eng_imgrepository.dll Error

Fraser
10-14-2010, 06:58 PM
I just downloaded CABAL and I clicked on the launcher, and an error comes up saying: " C:\Program Files\CABAL Online(US)\launcher\gateway\eng_imgrepository.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. "

I click OK, and then another window comes up saying: " An external object raised an error. eng_imgrepository.dll. Please restart program. "

I have tried restarting my computer, but nothing seems to change. I run on Windows 7.

Fraser
10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
That has a bunch of this for my computer i need. No thanks.

Fraser
10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
That has a bunch of this for my computer i need. No thanks.

stuff*

Rowe
10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
fail lethal.

lmao

anyway back to your problem at hand.

have you tried redownloading the cabal install file. it could have gotten corrupted during download.

reconmgl
10-14-2010, 09:06 PM
it's bcz you use retarded kaspersky. there was some tut how to fix it on forums anyway. i uninstalled kaspersky and using bitdefender and bitdefender got gaming mode too :)

iNercy
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM
i had this problem to but i fixed it, kaspersky made me mad till i found out how to fix it.

Settings -> Threats and Exclusions -> Click on (Exclusion Settings) -> Go to exclusion tab -> Start ur launcher (dont exit) ->

Click add and go to applications -> should show a list of all ur programs running and find/click on cabal.

After that close the corrupted laucher and re-open and it should work again. Hopefully this helps you out. i kno how much of a headache this was for u but at least i can help u fix it :)

sckrules
10-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I have the same problem, but i don't have kaspersky, i have trend micro. Should i try the exclusions thing or should i just get rid of trend and get something else that wont have this problem?

iNercy
10-15-2010, 02:11 AM
I have the same problem, but i don't have kaspersky, i have trend micro. Should i try the exclusions thing or should i just get rid of trend and get something else that wont have this problem?

try to add it to your exclusions list 1st b4 u do anything else

[GM] Sky
10-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Hello, this is CABAL Support Team.

We guess that your problem caused by the discordance between launcher’s image and launcher’s version.
So, we recommend you update launcher file first. But you don’t have to delete all of CABAL. Just delete “update.1st” file.

Here is how.
1. Go the launcher directory(CABAL-> launcher)
2. Delete “update.1st” file.
3. Re-start CABAL.exe
4. And then launcher will be downloaded automatically.

If you are having the same problem continuously, please contact us again with more detailed information to help you out.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
CABAL Support Team

sckrules
10-15-2010, 10:23 AM
so yea, try'd the delete update.1st thing, but just gave me more errors, did you mean update.1st.cabal or just update.1st?
And i found the exceptions list but its not letting me add a program to it for some reason.

WIpwns
10-15-2010, 12:11 PM
why did they sticky this

iNub
10-15-2010, 12:59 PM
why did they sticky this

cuz i'm the man, son.

real reason though, people are probably still having issues with it. just click my sig ftw.

Fraser
10-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Hey i have trend micro also. I found out how to fix this! Turn OFF trend micro, then start up Cabal and it should work :)

croove
10-15-2010, 10:55 PM
uhoo.. it still doesnt work..

I reinstalled and tried ur way -"delete update.1st file".. And.. nothing changes..

DoItOver
10-16-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm sorry, our software is perfect. The problem must be you

you are experiencing system trouble -- do not adjust your terminal

phonpaseuth
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I try all of them above, but nothing change...

OMG please freaking fix this bug...

zenbachry
11-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I am now having this problem. I have McAfee, and its a new problem. Only, McAfee keeps saying that the .dll file is a Trojan.

Jenus
11-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Yeah...I'm having the same issue. I'm having to redownload cabal on another laptop since mine decided to die on me yesterday. And I've had an issue like this before....all I had to do was restart my computer and click it again and it worked...but this time it's not working. I've tried to delete the file you said...I even put back the file listed and deleted the other update file. (both files are put back til there is a different suggestion). I also tried turning off firewall and whatever the virus program is on this computer but nothing has changed.

forsakenyet
11-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Ive been having the same problem. Trend micro on my computer is also detecting the title name file as a trojan horse program and locking it, with a high grade security risk tag which makes it unable to be manually unlocked, just deleted.

Hope someone can find a way to fix this soon. I have a 30 day BB+ rotting away on my warrior and a guild whom Im sure by now thinks Ive quit since I cant communicate to any of them -.-

Sherry Louise Peck
12-02-2010, 05:55 AM
I just downloaded CABAL ... [B]" C:\Program Files\CABAL Online(US)\launcher\gateway\eng_imgrepository.dll ...I run on Windows 7.

Fix for Windows 7: go to Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center then click on "Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter". Follow the steps to select the program that you are having probs with (CABAL, in this instance) then select the option to use the recommended settings for the game, then press open program, if it works, then press NEXT on the trouble shooter to finish. :D :D :D It worked for me so far!!!

Sherry Louise Peck
12-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Refer to my post about the Windows 7 fix. It works and is super easy.

megablast1
12-02-2010, 06:00 AM
one solution to ur problems take a hammer and smash the error out of ur computer

Thirsty
12-08-2010, 11:06 AM
The real question is why is this file registering as a trojan virus? Knowing this why are you people bypassing your security software to allow the trojan to be injected? Hopefully the new updates tonight won't include this file, so I can run cabal with no worries.

Raven Dawson
12-18-2010, 04:17 PM
I remember having worked with that error before, some time ago. Did my own search and took some ideas on from an article that talks about dll file (http://www.pcperformancetools.com/how-to-repair-dll-errors-or-replace-missing-dlls.html)s and general steps to in dealing with errors related to them.

TheKen
06-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Im having this same problem but im running Windows Vista and have Trend Micros installed however the error is still the exact same and i tried all the fixes about and no luck restarts,redownloads,exceptions list,firewall off the works still nothing =/

Valdoroth
06-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Hmmm odd. I can tell you where the file is supposed to be but seeing as you've tried re-downloading I'm not sure why it would be missing twice. If its not in the folder, you can try having someone email the file to you. I have a backup copy of Cabal on my external HD so cases like this don't happen. (not to mention I also have EU and both KO versions and Global version (i use the ogp one) installed on various HD's of mine)

TheKen
06-11-2011, 05:59 PM
lol i know where the download.dll is located its in the launcher/gateway folder i have the file its just still giving me this same error. I see people have just given up are we suppose to just give up and if you have the issue and just be deemed unable to play cabal or something. I see no steps gms are taking to help prevent this error or fix it. The topic is stickied so that means that obviously enough players are having the same issue and other players havent been able to fix it. Is the issue that the GMs cant fix it either? This is very annoying -___-

TheKen
06-11-2011, 06:54 PM
chee im going to take a step and see if this trend micro is the problem ill uninstall it and if the program loads with no error then it is trend micros.....it I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s that i have to make my computer vulnerable to possible threats to to test and make a game work insn't it....but w/e ill let you all know the outcome an possible fix this problem...

TheKen
06-11-2011, 07:44 PM
ok well i found the answer and its simple remove trend micros from your computer and delete your old cabal complete then re setup from the setup you downloaded and it will work perfectly seems the only issue is trend micros refusing to allow snake application to run on your computer or w/e your defensive system is. This does I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ though because trend micros is a perfect defensive system for your computer its just impossible to get anything picked up as malicious to run with it installed even if you shut off trend micros the file is already process attached so it wont run and if you shut it off to run game once you turn it back on the process with get attacked by trend micros as it begins to run threw the files. guess that leaves my damn payed sub on trend to rot away

Return5
06-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I have the same Problem i have deleted the file Update.1st and the launcher ddont download it automatically...
I have the game deleted and new installed and the same -.-My friend have the same problems..

Valdoroth
06-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Well, a solution is just to upgrade to windows 7. It's better than Vista anyways.

@ return, TheKen mentioned deleting the entire old file and using the newer downloaded one. If your delete wasn't the entire folder and stuff (after uninstalling too) then perhaps that could be a solution.

TheKen
06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
well idk if theres a fix other then trend micro removal on windows 7 either cause its not the actual version of windows running thats the problem (though thats what the message says) its trend micro. There are about 5 other people i know running windows 7 that havent been able to solve this same issue until i told them they could try removing trend micro and completely reinstalling cabal because the old file wont work if it was installed when trends micro was still installed

jaberwoky
07-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I have Win 7 ... did the compatablity thing...still won't run the game after I press 'Start Cabal' .................. SIGH !!!!

EDIT :- oh by the way it DID run BEFORE it updated ... and I get no messages or pop ups or anything...just closes so I dunno what is going on

Aurea
08-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm having the same problem now, either update.exe download fails or imgrepository.dll fails and gives me a message saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application." and nothing else I tried re-downloading it didn't help >.< tried the delete update.1st no luck, I have vista and tried your way Ken and that didn't help me. >.< I dont have Trend micros on my computer either.

heszdope15
04-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm having this exact same problem and it's 2013!!!! i'm so done at this point. I have trend micro. my cabal was working perfectly until this new update regarding spanish players. back to playing skyrim i guess.

AvenX
05-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm having this problem. I haven't played in about 4-5 months but when I came back I got that error. I re-installed and still have that error even after trying all the possible solutions posted here.