PDA

View Full Version : Drop Rate and WEXP Double Up Weekend!

[GM] Sky
10-21-2010, 02:01 AM
Dear CABAL Players!

Make your weekend more entertaining with the Drop Rate and WEXP Double Up Party!
Don’t miss the great advantage shown below:

[Event Details]
*Period: Oct 22 00:00 ~ Oct. 24 24:00 [PDT]
*Bonus:
Wexp +100%, Drop Rate +100% for all maps and dungeons except Undead Ground and Fort Ruina

Thanks.
CABAL Support Team

JoAyanami
10-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Silly question but do the bonuses apply to places like Ruina Station and Tower of the Dead or are they considered a part of Fort Ruina and Undead Ground?
Thank you.

YumCookies
10-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Silly question but do the bonuses apply to places like Ruina Station and Tower of the Dead or are they considered a part of Fort Ruina and Undead Ground?
Thank you.

Nope, I think they just said it doesn't apply to UG/ FR mainly in regards to the 100% drop rate inc.

JoAyanami
10-21-2010, 04:59 PM
So the bonuses should work in Tower of the Dead and Ruina Station then

sykoXops
10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
they should work everywhere. its stupid to remove the bonuses in certain maps

Matiel
10-21-2010, 09:11 PM
there are bots everywhere....i saw one in ds, and pl the other day

Then they should make the drop rate just for dungeons.

xXCrusadeXx
10-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Can anyone confirm if drop rate boost affects dungeons chests, more specifically mergahephs chest (=.=)?

sykoXops
10-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Then they should make the drop rate just for dungeons.

naw mang then i wont get sod's up the wazoo in mf...i likes my sod....

Tramier
10-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Can anyone confirm if drop rate boost affects dungeons chests, more specifically mergahephs chest (=.=)?

pretty sure it doesnt affect chests, since the rate doesnt really pertain to chests, more towards mobs

Palomar
10-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Think about it like this...

(Speaking from mmorgp experience and in generalities here)

When you kill a mob...it has a chance to drop:
1.) Nothing
2.) Alz
3.) Item

Within the "Item" category there is going to be a set of perameters for what that item could be.

1.) Clean no slot (+0-+5?)
2.) Craft mat
3.) Single slot (+0-+5)
4.) Accessory
5.) Core
6.) Entry Item
7.) You get the point

Increasing the drop rate increases the "Item" drop category. The more chances you take at that and avoid the "Nothing" and "Alz" categories the better your chances of getting a desireable item.

With bosses and chests (in most cases) there isnt a "nothing or alz" category. If they always drop an item...increasing the drop rate will do nothing. What you would have to increase to see a boost there is the chaces of getting "X" item within the item category. Lets say a boss drops an RW3 .01% of the time...to increase the chances of that drop you would need to increase that specific perameter.

That is my understanding of it anways...with my own explination. This can vary greatly depending on what the actual code looks like and how the algorithm is designed to begin with.

Rowe
10-22-2010, 09:03 AM
this is noticeably increase of letters drop rate -.-

Tainted
10-23-2010, 01:40 PM
mhm letters EVERYWHERE

LilRedRidingHood
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Even if they had an exp drop rate event for 200%+ it would I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥. Do you know why? Cuz cabals drop rate sux. Seriously, people farm so much and get sh!T in return. ESTSoft ffked so much shtt up its not even funny.