PDA

View Full Version : Retargeting

Limitless
10-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Noticed on some solo vids that people were selecting them selves rather than using escape for retargeting, can any one tell me how to do this?

iNub
10-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Press "O", click "Options", go to "Key Bindings". Scroll down until you find a function to "Target Yourself" or something along those lines. Set a hotkey.

Done.

You obviously still need to retarget the enemy so why not just press "ESC" instead of a different key? Is it that hard?

I still think there should be a hotkey for targeting not just players of an opposite nation (while in a warzone), but monsters as well.

XFearMyBladeX
10-28-2010, 12:58 AM
u just need to time ur bm attacks,it is not easy and u need 0 lag.my opinion only works good on fb,and bl

iNub
10-28-2010, 12:59 AM
u just need to time ur bm attacks,it is not easy and u need 0 lag.my opinion only works good on fb,and bl

WA retarget will chew you up.

XFearMyBladeX
10-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Press "O", click "Options", go to "Key Bindings". Scroll down until you find a function to "Target Yourself" or something along those lines. Set a hotkey.

Done.

You obviously still need to retarget the enemy so why not just press "ESC" instead of a different key? Is it that hard?

I still think there should be a hotkey for targeting not just players of an opposite nation (while in a warzone), but monsters as well.

it is done w/o using cancel or any other keys.u just need to time ur bm attacks

DaSmexy
10-28-2010, 01:02 AM
its not hard to do so. all you gotta do is stand far out a bit from mobs or boss w/e your trying to retarget it on and change camera angle to bit side way, to give you some room to click on yourself then click on mobs or boss. then just keep pressing any skill that can't be use in bm2 :D

UnknownGod
10-28-2010, 01:04 AM
lol...
Dasmexy since ur back...
show me the way of the blader bm2 retarget LOL

Limitless
10-28-2010, 01:04 AM
I have a really unreliable ISP or I am just really stupid and don't know how to press a key on my keyboard but when I retarget, I often have to spam esc key to lose the target and it some times takes me to the system menu which is quite annoying, saw there was an alternative so decided to find out what it was.

XFearMyBladeX
10-28-2010, 01:05 AM
lol...
Dasmexy since ur back...
Show me the way of the blader bm2 retarget lol

eeww it is unknownnub

iNub
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
its not hard to do so. all you gotta do is stand far out a bit from mobs or boss w/e your trying to retarget it on and change camera angle to bit side way, to give you some room to click on yourself then click on mobs or boss. then just keep pressing any skill that can't be use in bm2 :D

ew 2 clicks? you obviously do it the hard way.

Easy Bm2 Retarget (imo):

Either set a hotkey to target yourself OR use ESC to target nothing, then click the enemy / monster again to continue raging. 1 click > 2 clicks + 50% less chance of misclicking and charging in an undesirable direction. Probably into Nualle lol.

iNub
10-28-2010, 01:09 AM
I have a really unreliable ISP or I am just really stupid and don't know how to press a key on my keyboard but when I retarget, I often have to spam esc key to lose the target and it some times takes me to the system menu which is quite annoying, saw there was an alternative so decided to find out what it was.

if it takes you to the system menu, you pressed esc twice most likely on purpose because of your poor connection. you untargeted the enemy, it lagged and showed you as still targeted, and you pressed esc again. For you, the "Target Self" hotkey would be the best way to go as clicking yourself twice won't open any kind of undesired windows.

DaSmexy
10-28-2010, 01:10 AM
the problem is people pc or laptop key is not all the same
like mine my esc key hardly work
so i just do other way around by click on myself and mob how hard that can be ? all i gotta do is spam one skill only then just keep reclick on mobs and meself
that just for solo case
other easy way retarget in party and if your esc key not work so well or lagy pc
just use F5 to cancel target (it work just like esc key or sometime even more easy to do so)

or you can just do that key thingy in option like that guy said early work same thing

DaSmexy
10-28-2010, 01:11 AM
lol...
Dasmexy since ur back...
show me the way of the blader bm2 retarget LOL

lol when i have time i will try man by the time i get home from work is like 3 am my time -.-

iNub
10-28-2010, 01:12 AM
F5 works for retargeting in a party because it's one of the "Select Party Member X" hotkeys.

Go to Key bindings and just set one to target yourself.

/end plz.

DaSmexy
10-28-2010, 01:18 AM
bumb for this thread to help those noobs that dont know how to retarget yet :D