PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Virus from Cabal?

Emmanuel Domingo
11-13-2010, 06:08 PM
When the setup of Cabal was completed, it showed a window about a file. Then I got a virus warning from my anti-virus. I use Shaw Anti-Virus. It came with my service provider. What do I do? And is this virus true?

HeyI'mLethal
11-13-2010, 06:14 PM
You need to delete your system 32

Emmanuel Domingo
11-13-2010, 06:15 PM
How do I do that? Can I have directions?

XFearMyBladeX
11-13-2010, 06:18 PM
When the setup of Cabal was completed, it showed a window about a file. Then I got a virus warning from my anti-virus. I use Shaw Anti-Virus. It came with my service provider. What do I do? And is this virus true?

a trojan horse virus. go to download.com and get Malwarebytes (it's free) and run a scan and it will get it off.

Emmanuel Domingo
11-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I got it as soon as I installed Cabal.

XFearMyBladeX
11-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I got it as soon as I installed Cabal.

actually wait a sec cuz if you plan on using the computer, you should NEVER delete any of the system 32 folder. It is full of files that are crutial to system operation. If you are cleaning out a hard drive, (or computer-if you just got it used) it would be easier to reformat the drive, and reinstall everything after backing up all the files you want.

If you are trying to get rid of a virus- let an antivirus program get rid of it as it can destinguish good between bad. Norton is not always the best choice- sometimes you need antispy/addware also.

KreepJeruz
11-13-2010, 06:41 PM
i've also gotten it when i installed cabal online on my other computer. it's a false positive, meaning the "virus" is in the temp(temporary) folder. it disappears right after, nothing to worry about. just scan your computer just in case