PDA

View Full Version : A noob question about attacking.

Xhexstrom
11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting, as well as first time playing this game. So far, I really dig it.

I have a question. I seem to be doing fine when my auto attack is on. When I turn it off I can only seem to hit with my first attack "hotkey1". Every other attack always misses. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I'm not understanding?

sn0wXz
11-19-2010, 08:59 PM
low attack rate = miss more often, its probably common for noobs to have occasional miss's back to back, but it woulnt have anything to do with what slot the skill is in that your casting, auto attack wont increase attack rate either...it just casts the next skill in line

Xhexstrom
11-19-2010, 09:04 PM
That's what I don't get though. Auto attack works fine, but when I turned it off the only hotkey move which wasn't missing constantly was my 1 hotkey for my normal attack.

sn0wXz
11-19-2010, 09:06 PM
That's what I don't get though. Auto attack works fine, but when I turned it off the only hotkey move which wasn't missing constantly was my 1 hotkey for my normal attack.

normal attack isnt a skill, and you will still miss with normal attack eventually, the skills your casting probably have higher chance of missing if your attack rate is low, but once your start leveling up and such, and especially when you get combo mode, you dont have to worry about misses...as u cant miss in combo; well besides the crazy glitch a month or so back lol; higher +d weapons give higher attack rates as well, which they give plenty of noob gears in the questline, once u hit around 40-50 you should have decent enough setup with combo/bm2 and quest gear; where you wont find missing a problem, rather just unlucky part of the game.

Xhexstrom
11-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I got it now after I logged back into the game. It works fine now. Thanks for the help.