PDA

View Full Version : Please help on start-up.

Atrament
11-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Hello, and I would like some assistance because I cannot play at the moment due to some *.erl inquiry problems with the GameGuard. Does anyone have the same problem?

Atrament
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
What is that?

sn0wXz
11-20-2010, 06:49 PM
its because gameguard failed initializing and gives error code to prevent use of cabal with gameguard closed. most common problems have to do with anti virus programs, as gameguard is a rootkit that attaches to all processes in your pc that are active, it can be detected as malicious by some software. Disable or allow exception of your antivirus/firewalls to see if that helps

Atrament
11-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Okay I will try that now. Any other suggestions?

Atrament
11-20-2010, 06:55 PM
That didn't seem to work.

sn0wXz
11-20-2010, 07:58 PM
could always submit help desk ticket, but theres other threads with peoples suggestions..

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?657-Known-Anti-Virus-applications-that-has-problems-with-CABAL-and-GameGuard&highlight=gameguard

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?656-Nothing-happens-after-clicking-the-Start-button&highlight=gameguard

for last ditch effort you can goto google.com and search "how to perform a clean boot" with your windows version which ever you have...this will enable you to start with only essential system services, and will disable 3rd party programs running in the background that could be conflicting with gameguard...

Atrament
11-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Well, the client starts fine, but I cannot get into the logon screen, when I am there, a screen pops up saying:

Disconnected
*An error has been detected by the hacking protection system.
An error has occurred while start Game Guard. Please reboot your computer or start the game again. If this problem continues to occur, please make an inquiry with the *.erl file inside the Game Guard folder within the Cabal Online folder to the 1 on 1 inquiry center on the official website.

I really have NO idea what that means

sn0wXz
11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, the client starts fine, but I cannot get into the logon screen, when I am there, a screen pops up saying:

Disconnected
*An error has been detected by the hacking protection system.
An error has occurred while start Game Guard. Please reboot your computer or start the game again. If this problem continues to occur, please make an inquiry with the *.erl file inside the Game Guard folder within the Cabal Online folder to the 1 on 1 inquiry center on the official website.

I really have NO idea what that means

lol i already told u wat it means, gameguard failed to start properly...its most likely caused by other software/programs.... whats hard to understand about that?>

Atrament
11-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Well alright. Sorry bout that. I downloaded GameGuard and everything. A clean boot would probably do it??
Yep that did it. Thank you for your time.