PDA

View Full Version : New pro player coming to Cabal.

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Well title says it. I'm a great gamer and I kill dragons IRL.

Anyway games downloading ATM. What's the best server for a PvP god? also curious what's the leveling like?

I slay alot of dragons IRL sometimes, curious how much time it's going to take to reach level cap & good enough gear to kill everybody. I've play a F2P game before - last one was meh. But I know it has ALOT of items you have to pay with IRL money, but I need that money for gear IRL, the dragons here are tough. So I wont be spending much if anyway (I mention this cause last game had stupid items you could only get via irl money, which increased EXP gained 300%....).

Also I was planning to be a Wizard but I haven't looked much into it, is there an OP class right now or is Wizard a fine choice for a PvP pro?:cool:

Any helpful replys are appericated.

LILCHAOLAO
12-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Teach me to kill dragons and I'll tell you

Shinji
12-02-2010, 06:47 AM
wow player lame

LILCHAOLAO
12-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Pick a shielder! We tank better!

Shinji
12-02-2010, 06:48 AM
I will tank you

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 06:49 AM
WI Can't pvp for

Warrior tanks every class out there. But of course the one with the "best" build wins.

Your post is not noted and my raw skill will kill you @level 1. Noob.

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 06:51 AM
So I've tried to google it, but nothing useful actually comes up. Are there any Competent players lurking? Curious of the best PvP server / if its true Wizard is unbalanced (bad) in pvp?

LILCHAOLAO
12-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Wizards arent that bad. And if you want competion come to Venus

LILCHAOLAO
12-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Im still in Venus! >=D

Muramasa
12-02-2010, 06:56 AM
OK here is a fast lay down.

WI= SRSLY THE BEST and MOST popular class atm ( for bosses, look up youtube)
BL=Dps'ser good in pvp and is a solo beast
FA= FASTEST DPS in the game ( well second fastest now cuz of wizzy) but in pvp this class kills.
WA=...........just over powered....
FS= since the new update this class can actually 1 shot u. lol
FB= same has fs but alot harder to play

im 2 lazy to discrbe nwar. but i would go for fs,wi,wa or fa for war

LILCHAOLAO
12-02-2010, 06:58 AM

FA= FASTEST DPS in the game ( well second fastest now cuz of wizzy) but in pvp this class kills.

: ]

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Well, I always prefer playing Wizard / mages type classes because usually they have a much HIGHER skill cap. Like you said they get 2shot, but if I play perfectly don't wizards in this game have blink or some escape ability? or are there unheared of top PvP players playing Wizards?

In your opinion what class has the highest skill cap & is fun to play?

What is the BEST PvP server, I want one with the best of the best PvPers on it and a fairly good guild.

LILCHAOLAO
12-02-2010, 07:00 AM
I have no idea what a skill cap is,but Venus is win.

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 07:03 AM

WA = Warrior? I much appericate your layout, it's helpful. I'm curious though are there TOP PvPers playing Wizards, and competeing with other top PvPers playing FS/FB? I consider myself a very good player, I've played tournaments in WoW & Starcraft, and done very well in them. I'm looking for a high skill cap class - not 1button pwnage, do you think FA; WA or WI would be better?

edit: An example of skill cap is: Class A has 2 abilitys, both of which can practicly 1shot other players, its a very good PvP class but very easy to play. This would be considered low skill cap because 1) easy to play 2) few buttons 3) skill barely effects it (IE being good doesn't help a class that has 2buttons). Where anothr class, Class B has 30 abilitys, all of which are OK but you have to use them all to do good. But if you are extreamly skilled & fast hotkeyer and press all the buttons perfectly, no one can stop you. This would be considered high skill cap because 1) hard to play (good) 2) alot of buttons 3) the more skill the player has the better the class

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 07:13 AM
I see, in this game gear = skill? I'm not per-say asking for the BEST class, just a very good one. I don't plan to level more than 1 character, I don't want to end up with an OP class with a shield that I can stand there and no one can kill me, I hit 1 button boom someones dead. I want a ninja that no one can catch, pretty much I'm flying around spamming abilitys cause I'm pro saying BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOT. Yes I'm a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ if you want. But I really don't want to end up leveling a 1-button-pwnage. Which from videos I saw a FS (I think) running around spamming an ability that he throws his sword in the ground and rubble comes up and hits people... he used no other skill (or maybe 1 other) in a 5miniute video. And killed alot of people w/o dieing lol.

deko
12-02-2010, 07:19 AM
I'd say go Wizard, judging by what you want.
People will be able to hit you though, and they probably won't have to hit many times!

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Alright thanks, I think I will end up going Wizard then, I have one more question though: I don't need irl money to buy the good gear do I?

I'm truma-tized from my last F2P game. For months I played and was considered the best/top ranked PvPer on my server, and then suddenly they get money hungry I guess (it was a great game...) and added in itemshop. I never spent IRL money on it, it did title as F2P. But they had Itemshop-only gear which were non-tradable. And the gear did a number of things: Reduced all your abilitys CD by 30% (rofl...) gave 25% chance to evade any incoming attacks, give +60% movement speed and aton of armor/dmg bonuses. So pretty much if you didn't spend alot of IRL money on this game you got rocked in PvP and people out PvE'd you because they get +300% more EXP and deal way more dmg and such lol. Just making sure its nothing like that in here aye?

edit: and you say Mercury is the best server for PvP? I'm curious what the top ranked guild is / if there is guild wars and such. o_o

deko
12-02-2010, 07:31 AM
It's either money or time.

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 07:35 AM
It's either money or time.

How so?

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 07:40 AM
ALZ? 500$? My WoW account only costs 60$ per year... lol

lolololol
12-02-2010, 07:46 AM
ALZ? 500$? My WoW account only costs 60$ per year... lol

then go home Lmao

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Lol wow o-o Is there an auction house type thing in here where I could buy/sell and make mulah off noobs? or like, how much is 2bil in here really lol? If I was rich to where I could blow 500$ on this for no reason and be like man my wallet is thick, then I'd consider it lmao. It seems like all the F2P games are greedy mofos!

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Hm alright, thanks for your help sir. Games about to finish so ima try it out, judging by the few videos I watched it looked hella fun lol, anyway so for people helping me - I probley wont be checking this topic much now so prolly "don't bother" thanks to everyone who gave helpful replys. ^^

LOL SIG ABOVE.

megablast1
12-02-2010, 08:04 AM
lmao u made my day man..

megablast1
12-02-2010, 08:05 AM
go Warrior class and use the magic skills only .. ul be the best in no time

tomaboy
12-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Everyone decent moved from Venus to Mercury.

Mercury is now the strongest of the two servers.

+1 to all this. Having played in both servers, Mercury has at least 5x the population, probably more, than Venus since most of the people from global went to Mercury. You'll have a much easier time finding stuff to buy and people to play with on there but if you prefer a smaller(MUCH smaller) server then pick Venus(and it's 2v2 wars 170+ tier lol...)

Lyro
12-02-2010, 08:26 AM
WI are so annoying in Nwar >_> their idea is kill or be killed. (otherwise u'll be blinking away more then ur fighting which in itself is agitating) If u like doing dungeons, go BL (awesome boss slayer). I can't say much for other classes since I only played some FB, FA and my main is BL. Just note that WI gear is quite expensive >_< (Suggest u stay in 55-70 lvl area until u have perfect dmg weapons/helm from doing Weak EoD)

deko
12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Personally I hate all the global FOBs. I've seen first hand and have been told on multiple occasions thag war is garbage with all the global kids shouting retarded stuff.

You act like the retarded weaboos here beforehand are any more bearable

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Argh.. @level 10... its very slow and some what boreing. I noticed you can even have auto-use skill on rofl.

But I assume it gets better, it looks nothing like the videos I watched... so hopefully it does. *_*

deko
12-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Retarded weaboos+Foregin retarded weaboos= ?

At least I know the foreign ones right away with their lame as names, since 90% of them have names like nArUTO_sPEHIROTH

@Shiftrider: it's an MMO bro, the leveling is always tedious and boring.

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Disagree post above. Usually when playing a new game its atleast fun at first - seeing how the game works / the skills, but doesn't seem anything special here is all I was stateing. But I'm sure it does get funner at higher levels.

iSeeYou123
12-02-2010, 10:00 AM
ill just leave this here

http://i56.tinypic.com/2j17c6f.jpg

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Ok if anyone is still checking this out... I've been missing with hotkeys but it seems like you can't add a hotkey bar? I was hopeing to have abilitys set to 1-7 / Shift+1-7 or CTRL+1-7 or alt+1-7 and such.. but it doesn't seem like you can? *_*

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Ooo I'm blind, I saw the menu you can change all the hotkeys, but I thought I was going to have to change from bars 1-4 using f1-4 mid-combat and thats just annoying lol, thanks I just noticed the option you have to check "Expand quick slot"

Xiju
12-02-2010, 10:40 AM
puddi4bestclass

Shiftrider
12-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Lol I know how to do that, but I mean if I have say 14 skills no reason I should have to use f1/2 to scroll between bars, when there should be another bar, which there is lol.

Forumcomplainer
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
without global players, i'm sure mercury would've been dead by now

Vontar
12-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I'd advise you not to play this game, vinductis or SC II way better. I play all 3 though, as I have no life. I dun goof'd.

Vontar
12-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I'll tell u something god taught me when I hath been bornted into this earth. life is like a rose, it's beautiful at first and slowly starts to fade. instead of this go play pokemon IN POKEWORLD.

SigfriedVeini
12-03-2010, 05:26 AM
nah, WI > BL (in party) for bosses anyday.

fixed

SigfriedVeini
12-03-2010, 11:57 AM
If you are a true gamer....then cabal might not be the game for you. I see it mostly as a past time, something to do when u have no exams to study for. :(