PDA

View Full Version : cabalmain.exe error

J35u5M4
12-10-2010, 08:21 AM
When I'm playing I get this windows pop up saying that cabalmain.exe encountered an error and must be shut down, then it closes off the program..

Help anyone?

iNub
12-10-2010, 09:08 AM
i get this occassionaly as well. no idea how to fix that one, but it doesn't happen so much it really bothers me.

Takhesis
12-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I have the same issue, game worked fine before the fantastic update, now i cant even get past the cabal splash screen, it crashes back to the desktop with the "cabalmain has decided to quit working for no apparent reason, go play something else" message. Sad when a company pushes you and your money in another direction. Good to see theyre not answering any questions, or offering advice. I deleted cabalmain and reinstalled it, tried the check files ploy, restarted the pc, blah blah blah. I wish Old Republic would hurry up.

iNub
12-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I have the same issue, game worked fine before the fantastic update, now i cant even get past the cabal splash screen, it crashes back to the desktop with the "cabalmain has decided to quit working for no apparent reason, go play something else" message. Sad when a company pushes you and your money in another direction. Good to see theyre not answering any questions, or offering advice. I deleted cabalmain and reinstalled it, tried the check files ploy, restarted the pc, blah blah blah. I wish Old Republic would hurry up.

it's probably you're fault. let's review:

1. do you have that lovely shortcut with target: blah blah blah" husky? this skips the splash screen and doesn't allow cabal to recieve the update.
2. if you don't have the update, run cabal with the CabalMain file in your directory where ever u put it.
3. you can always /ragequit like a champ.

Takhesis
12-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Ummm, it's my fault that the game worked just fine 2 days ago and now doesnt after me doing nothing. Fantastic advice. Heres the deal child. Click icon on desktop. Loader comes up, click start. Cabal screen starts to load then fails to desktop with cabalmain.exe error message. The only fault of mine was that after playing a p2p game for so long that i just expected another game to work like its supposed to, but judging by the posts of those invested in the game im not the only one with a problem with it. Dont be afraid to leave the basement, and hot pockets aren't a food group.