PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of Death anyone? lol

Jenus
12-12-2010, 01:58 PM
So as the title says I keep getting a BSoD when I try to play cabal. I haven't changed anything on my computer in about 3 years since I started playing cabal. It started when I was changing characters taking screenshots of all my gear (incase of the roll backs as instructed by [GM] Sky) and then it gave me this error.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad216/Jenuslear/speedhackerror.jpg

So I clicked ok like normal and went to start up my game agian. And uh needless to say my ventrilo froze, msn crashed, and when I went to restart my computer all I had in options was Log Off and Switch Users...no Shut Down or Restart. So when I went to hard shut down my computer my screen flashed with a blue screen with writing on it saying

"Windows has detected an Error with the programing and is shutting down for the safety of your computer..... blah blah alot of random number and file names...estimated time for shut down in: ___%" and my computer shut down. I started it back up and got on vent just fine and hopped back on cabal and not even 60 seconds of being logged in it happened agian this time very little warning.

So I ran a virus scan and found no virus...nothing and ran clean up scans hoping that might help. My computer ran fine for like an hour or so while I was doing the scans then I got on cabal one last time and it happened agian this time giving me the GameGuard has encountered an error message that you usually just restart your computer to fix.

I'm assuming that cabal has some sort of virus that is doing this and I'm wondering if anyone is having this issue too or has any fix for this besides reformating, or if this is just something I'm going to have to wait out and see if it fixes when they fix up their bugged servers.

Btw I'm not here to QQ about it or anything just trying to solve a problem that might just be my computer or a programming error. Being off cabal has little to no effect to me really.

CuteReign
12-12-2010, 01:59 PM
lols i got that too, once or twice

Jenus
12-12-2010, 02:03 PM
lols i got that too, once or twice

Did you get it fixed? lmao like my computer runs amazingly smooth til I start up cabal then it goes all kinds of screwed up xD

CuteReign
12-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Did you get it fixed? lmao like my computer runs amazingly smooth til I start up cabal then it goes all kinds of screwed up xD

nop lols. my cabal works fine, jsut randomly crashes sometime with that message. dunno why. i get bsod every once in a while

Jenus
12-12-2010, 02:11 PM
nop lols. my cabal works fine, jsut randomly crashes sometime with that message. dunno why. i get bsod every once in a while

Oh well that message is something I get often expecialy when I'm on a wizard lmao. but the blue screen is new to me and it's not going away lmao.

CuteReign
12-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh well that message is something I get often expecialy when I'm on a wizard lmao. but the blue screen is new to me and it's not going away lmao.

lol im a wizzy too.

when you get bsod look for your error message. it will be in the middle somethere. i get 0x0000e0 or sotmhing close to tha

Jenus
12-12-2010, 02:22 PM
lol im a wizzy too.

when you get bsod look for your error message. it will be in the middle somethere. i get 0x0000e0 or sotmhing close to tha

Yeah I'ma do that next time it shuts off my computer so fast it's hard to even catch it. I have a tech support trying to help me thro information I can give them about it. I just think it's a virus that just randomly showed up and my virus scans are too old to pick it up (even tho I just updated them friday)

CuteReign
12-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah I'ma do that next time it shuts off my computer so fast it's hard to even catch it. I have a tech support trying to help me thro information I can give them about it. I just think it's a virus that just randomly showed up and my virus scans are too old to pick it up (even tho I just updated them friday)
lol okays, if u want go t google > images > type in bsod > so ull kno where to look for the code~ than u can google the code and seen wuts wrong with ur pc :D

Jenus
12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
So I've tried some of the solutions on this thread like removing my mouse drivers and using the default ones. I will try to defrag my computer 2mro morning and same with installing cabal afterwards if it doesnt work right. After all that I'm pretty clueless I mean really only other thing I could really do is wait til the GMs get on and fix their server cuz that could be the only thing wrong with it.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?156-BSOD-issue

That's the other thread about BSOD reguarding back when cabal transfered over to EST

SilverIceForum
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Um, could be almost anything muxing up the whole caboodle.

Try the check files button on the launcher.
Run a registry cleaner, you'd be surprised how something new gets updated and forgets to update a registry key or leaves a worthless one will mux a computer up.
Run the windows disc scanner under drive properties>tools (never know if an mft or metadata entry is messed up) checking both check boxes, restart and let windows go at it, or get a 3rd party disc integrity scanner like Spinrite 6 to do this
Defrag the disc once restarted
Heck maybe try updating drivers if its been a while you updated your gfx, directx, and sound drivers.

Yeah, a lot of general maintenance steps, never know one of the simplest things fixes a computer error I find a lot starting from bottom upward.

Hope the bug works itself clean for you.

iNub
12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
So as the title says I keep getting a BSoD when I try to play cabal. I haven't changed anything on my computer in about 3 years since I started playing cabal. It started when I was changing characters taking screenshots of all my gear (incase of the roll backs as instructed by [GM] Sky) and then it gave me this error.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad216/Jenuslear/speedhackerror.jpg

So I clicked ok like normal and went to start up my game agian. And uh needless to say my ventrilo froze, msn crashed, and when I went to restart my computer all I had in options was Log Off and Switch Users...no Shut Down or Restart. So when I went to hard shut down my computer my screen flashed with a blue screen with writing on it saying

"Windows has detected an Error with the programing and is shutting down for the safety of your computer..... blah blah alot of random number and file names...estimated time for shut down in: ___%" and my computer shut down. I started it back up and got on vent just fine and hopped back on cabal and not even 60 seconds of being logged in it happened agian this time very little warning.

So I ran a virus scan and found no virus...nothing and ran clean up scans hoping that might help. My computer ran fine for like an hour or so while I was doing the scans then I got on cabal one last time and it happened agian this time giving me the GameGuard has encountered an error message that you usually just restart your computer to fix.

I'm assuming that cabal has some sort of virus that is doing this and I'm wondering if anyone is having this issue too or has any fix for this besides reformating, or if this is just something I'm going to have to wait out and see if it fixes when they fix up their bugged servers.

Btw I'm not here to QQ about it or anything just trying to solve a problem that might just be my computer or a programming error. Being off cabal has little to no effect to me really.

i get this all the time, but no BSOD's. the error is Cabal's fault. the BSOD means there's summin wrong wit ur PC.

DamUGotOwned
12-13-2010, 02:24 AM
that shid happened to me too... i dont ever get that blue screen. just cabal be having them pop up msg's that close your game like that one

Jenus
12-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Okay so yeah this morning I was going to say that its my computer shutting down to protect itself and has nothing to do with my system but as I was typing the post my computer crash again without even starting up cabal when before that was just the issue. So I'm not realy sure what to do now other than take it into a shop and have them look at it (since it wont stay on long enough for me to do as what the BSOD instructs) or get a new computer. =/

SilentM
12-13-2010, 09:42 AM
A few things you can try is:
Clean out the dust in the PC.
Run a registry cleaner with something like CCleaner.
Run a windows check disk (you can google chkdsk and it will tell you how).
Defrag the computer.
If all else fails, back up all your data on an external hardrive and reformat the computer.
I doubt you need to get a new computer, and if it is hardware failure, you probably just need to buy a new part.

Oh and if your computer BSOD's when you try to start it normally, try starting it in safe mode.

Jenus
12-13-2010, 10:03 AM
A few things you can try is:
Clean out the dust in the PC.
Run a registry cleaner with something like CCleaner.
Run a windows check disk (you can google chkdsk and it will tell you how).
Defrag the computer.
If all else fails, back up all your data on an external hardrive and reformat the computer.
I doubt you need to get a new computer, and if it is hardware failure, you probably just need to buy a new part.

Oh and if your computer BSOD's when you try to start it normally, try starting it in safe mode.

Ok well:
1) Clean out dust - Already done
2) Run registry cleaner and CCleander - Already done
3) Run check disk - Already done
4) Defrag - Already done
5) Back up - Doing it now since I haven't had the chance this month (been busy for xMas)
6) Safe mode - In it right now trying to backup my documents and pictures
7) and to add to this list of tasks completed. I've done about 5 different kinds of virus scans with different recommended virus cleaners and found nothing

But yeah i'm getting several errors. One when I open a cabal file...(codes below)

Cabal file error:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 000007D4
BCP3: 93B64C50
BCP4: 00000000

Hardware issue code:
0x000000D1 (0x00C104C0, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00C104C0)

The other error codes shut down to fast for me to see and I couldn't bring them up during safty mode.

Also I use a pos laptop Acer Aspire 5050-3371 (32bit) using old vista. I tried to put windows7 on it but it locked up my computer and I couldn't do anything...and my computer is maxed out on RAM (i had just bought new RAM a few months ago when it was just a RAM issue). its about 4 years old but I mean all my drivers...hard drive...and cards are all up to date.

SilverIceForum
12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
yeah, laptop changes the options drastically as to what can be done.

Might try loading safe mode and run at a command line window. Start in the find type cmd.exe, right click and run as admin mode.

type sfc /scannow <enter key> in the command window and let that run its business, system file checker will scan for corrupted system critical files for discrepancies and replace any erroneous ones, might take a while, but worth a shot to see if that could be the issue, otherwise see below if even in Safe Mode windows vista isn't running stable. If you did have a failed Win7 install attempt that coulda muxed something up deep in the .dll and other files of the system.

I'm like Silent in that case, backup your C:\Users\"Your Name" folder, as well as compress C:\Where You Got Cabal Installed, and copy that Archive to the external drive, ther.

If windows is still crashing in Safe Mode also, have a friend download a copy of the latest Knoppix Iso image, and burn it to disk, the DVD version gives you more options than the minimal CD version, but both can do what needs to be done for simple copy/backup. Older versions of Linux LiveCD/DVDs used to have issues with writing to an Windows NTFS formatted drive, but not any longer. Boots off of and runs off the CD/DVD up in RAM. Boot off the Knoppix disc and at the prompt.

knoppix lang=us screen=1024x768 depth=24 desktop=lxde<enter key>

knoppix will launch up into desktop mode this way with the Light X11 Desktop Environment for most minimal gui resources needed. PCManFM is a nice File Manager with tabbed viewing capability, your drives will be listed by Volume Label in most cases, just right click the main drive, mount device, and do for the external also. Click the + sign on the first tab to open a 2nd tab, click on the external drive to open in this tab, click the 1st tab and load the main drive to this one, navigate in and copy command 1st tab, switch to 2nd tab, and paste into 2nd tab, pretty simple.

I keep a copy of Knoppix always handy incase of emergency reasons or if one of my Linux or Windows boxes start acting funky can always copy to my Linux File/Print/Storage server, or an external drive.

hope we can get you back up and running soon though ;)

Jenus
12-13-2010, 12:09 PM
yeah, laptop changes the options drastically as to what can be done.

Might try loading safe mode and run at a command line window. Start in the find type cmd.exe, right click and run as admin mode.

type sfc /scannow <enter key> in the command window and let that run its business, system file checker will scan for corrupted system critical files for discrepancies and replace any erroneous ones, might take a while, but worth a shot to see if that could be the issue, otherwise see below if even in Safe Mode windows vista isn't running stable. If you did have a failed Win7 install attempt that coulda muxed something up deep in the .dll and other files of the system.

I'm like Silent in that case, backup your C:\Users\"Your Name" folder, as well as compress C:\Where You Got Cabal Installed, and copy that Archive to the external drive, ther.

If windows is still crashing in Safe Mode also, have a friend download a copy of the latest Knoppix Iso image, and burn it to disk, the DVD version gives you more options than the minimal CD version, but both can do what needs to be done for simple copy/backup. Older versions of Linux LiveCD/DVDs used to have issues with writing to an Windows NTFS formatted drive, but not any longer. Boots off of and runs off the CD/DVD up in RAM. Boot off the Knoppix disc and at the prompt.

knoppix lang=us screen=1024x768 depth=24 desktop=lxde<enter key>

knoppix will launch up into desktop mode this way with the Light X11 Desktop Environment for most minimal gui resources needed. PCManFM is a nice File Manager with tabbed viewing capability, your drives will be listed by Volume Label in most cases, just right click the main drive, mount device, and do for the external also. Click the + sign on the first tab to open a 2nd tab, click on the external drive to open in this tab, click the 1st tab and load the main drive to this one, navigate in and copy command 1st tab, switch to 2nd tab, and paste into 2nd tab, pretty simple.

I keep a copy of Knoppix always handy incase of emergency reasons or if one of my Linux or Windows boxes start acting funky can always copy to my Linux File/Print/Storage server, or an external drive.

hope we can get you back up and running soon though ;)

Lol thanks for the advice I will have my friend look at this page and give me advice on what to do. He's fixed my computer a few times this might help a bit maybe...idk really I'm not the smartest with computers. I just did everything I could that was basic. I can't really do much anymore I've backed up what information I can such a documents and pictures and thats about it because I don't really know what else I need to pull off. I am able to pull stuff off through saftey mode but I still get the blue screen error messages during this mode which alot of people told me I shouldn't be able to. I hope things work out lmao I'm just totally stumped.

Valdoroth
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Try reading in some of these older post with similar issue:
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?156-BSOD-issue&highlight=Blue+Screen
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?657-Known-Anti-Virus-applications-that-has-problems-with-CABAL-and-GameGuard&highlight=Blue+Screen

That first one might be of more use (which you kinda gotta scan through it to see, it may be on 3rd page that problem was solved).

SilverIceForum
12-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Lol thanks for the advice I will have my friend look at this page and give me advice on what to do. He's fixed my computer a few times this might help a bit maybe...idk really I'm not the smartest with computers. I just did everything I could that was basic. I can't really do much anymore I've backed up what information I can such a documents and pictures and thats about it because I don't really know what else I need to pull off. I am able to pull stuff off through saftey mode but I still get the blue screen error messages during this mode which alot of people told me I shouldn't be able to. I hope things work out lmao I'm just totally stumped.

:/ ouch
yeah, something narfed in the System32 folder and if blue screening in Safe Mode, gonna need a wipe and reinstall -_-

Still, getting a copy of Knoppix burnt to a CD/DVD is highly suggested. If you got all of your User Directory you are fine, if not, don't reformat until you boot into knoppix to copy the whole folder. All your emails, bookmarks and such, especially if you use Firefox and Thunderbird are in C:\Users\"Your Username"\AppData (WinNt4 Up through pre-Vista versions it was C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Username"\Application Data). Linux is far more stable for you atm and can easily handle copy/backup for this. Once you got all that data to external you can reformat and reinstall.

Once you got the fresh Vista Install with everything re-installed and copied back into place let me know, got a little Linux command line script that will image your main drive to restore from if this happens again, just need to reverse the script to backstep to this fresh Windows Install in the future ;)

Jenus
12-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Try reading in some of these older post with similar issue:
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?156-BSOD-issue&highlight=Blue+Screen
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?657-Known-Anti-Virus-applications-that-has-problems-with-CABAL-and-GameGuard&highlight=Blue+Screen

That first one might be of more use (which you kinda gotta scan through it to see, it may be on 3rd page that problem was solved).

Uh well first of all thanks for trying and secondly if you had scanned through my posts you will notice that on #9 on this tread that I had already posted that I had read every single word of that post and found it no use to anything I have issues with. I spent all day scanning through not only our forums but EU..KR...SEA and other game forums looking at their solutions for BSOD. But agian thanks for trying :P

There problem was solved by uninstalling and unplugging the driver to their Razarz Mouse which conflicted with GameGuard and kept corrupting the script causing the computer to overload and BSOD. Mine is FARRR more complicated lmao.

:/ ouch
yeah, something narfed in the System32 folder and if blue screening in Safe Mode, gonna need a wipe and reinstall -_-

Still, getting a copy of Knoppix burnt to a CD/DVD is highly suggested. If you got all of your User Directory you are fine, if not, don't reformat until you boot into knoppix to copy the whole folder. All your emails, bookmarks and such, especially if you use Firefox and Thunderbird are in C:\Users\"Your Username"\AppData (WinNt4 Up through pre-Vista versions it was C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Username"\Application Data). Linux is far more stable for you atm and can easily handle copy/backup for this. Once you got all that data to external you can reformat and reinstall.

Once you got the fresh Vista Install with everything re-installed and copied back into place let me know, got a little Linux command line script that will image your main drive to restore from if this happens again, just need to reverse the script to backstep to this fresh Windows Install in the future ;)

Haha kay I'm working on what I can do for now on this computer. I'll have to do a few more things before I can figure out what I'm going to do with my laptop. I'm not sure if I even want to attempt to download cabal on this one just incase it was a corrupted file that rooted itself into the rest of my OS. According to other posts on other games and other BSOD issues things like that can trigger other faulty files in the OS. Well I'll keep you posted if anything changes. I'll probably just message through PM or something lmao but yeah hopefully things can get lined out. I hate not being able to use my own computer.

SilverIceForum
12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Bah, ya jinx >_>, no sooner after replying my last time to this thread, I BSOD.

Did everything I advised b4, "sfc.exe /scannow" in Safe Mode command promt only mode, found 2 messed up System32 files, fixed the problem. Probably not a Cabal issue but windows update issue for future information. Would suggest it for anyone having BSOD and cabalmain.exe errors just to be safe.