PDA

View Full Version : GameGuard crashes with AVG 2011 free edition- Need Help

nicholas099
12-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm so tired of this nonsense called GameGuard. Honestly, Since the update, It messed up my computer. I had no problems logging in the game b4 the update. then EST decided to upgrade the gameguard system which is now causing even more problems. I'm using AVG 2011 free edition and now having problems with it. I followed the instruction to add all files in the Gameguard folder into my allowed list. First time it worked, second time, it froze again after clicking "start" . I'm so frustrated right now. IF any one know how to fix AVG, pls show me specific steps to avoid crashing with gameguard. TY

SilverIceForum
12-15-2010, 05:42 PM
AVG is known to have issues with Gameguard, so why ya running it in the first place.

There are other freeware A/V
Avast! and Avira to name a couple that do not have issues with GG. I know Avast! especially doesn't bcuz i use it. If it glitches on you after replacing AVG with it, it user error, not program error then.

Otherwise it is your end not here.

Venus_Noob
12-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Doubt its AVG. Ive ran many games before with AVG running in the background (obviously as it should) and nada. Would be helpful if you mentioned if there were any error codes or not.

krider
12-15-2010, 06:39 PM
TO fix, AVG, go to control panel -> uninstall. Thats what I did and now Im back in game.

SilverIceForum
12-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Doubt its AVG. Ive ran many games before with AVG running in the background (obviously as it should) and nada. Would be helpful if you mentioned if there were any error codes or not.

Maybe not AVG 2010 or before, but as stated above this is AVG 2011, the next version. Been browsing the Tech Issues threads a lot, and been a big rising of AVG starting to have issues with Gameguard. Exclusions not staying permanent, couple other things. If it is a new redesign of the scanning engine and way AVG handles hueristics (its AI of detecting suspected virus/trojan/rootkits even though a program isn't in its virus signature list) it is flagging Gameguard as a threat none the less. If an exclusion doesn't stay permanent, only for a single run at a time just to run a game, then this new version of AVG is, technically, not compatible with this game and

A ) User needs to replace AVG with another product
B ) Backstep AVG to a 2010 or pre-2010 version
C ) Take Technical Issues like making an Exclusion permanent in the free version To the AVG Website Forums to get it figured out of fixed by the AVG Community and Development Team
D ) Or Uninstall Cabal completely if they are gonna keep AVG 2011 and after for one or the other need to go off the system.

Thats the 4 options I have unless we got a tech savy person running AVG 2011 Free Version and Cabal happily together, they can add comments on how they did it

nvious
12-15-2010, 08:49 PM
i had that version for a few months and after countless problems i uninstalled it and installed Threatfire which so far so good seems to be a good program for being free

Venus_Noob
12-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Maybe not AVG 2010 or before, but as stated above this is AVG 2011, the next version. Been browsing the Tech Issues threads a lot, and been a big rising of AVG starting to have issues with Gameguard. Exclusions not staying permanent, couple other things. If it is a new redesign of the scanning engine and way AVG handles hueristics (its AI of detecting suspected virus/trojan/rootkits even though a program isn't in its virus signature list) it is flagging Gameguard as a threat none the less. If an exclusion doesn't stay permanent, only for a single run at a time just to run a game, then this new version of AVG is, technically, not compatible with this game and

A ) User needs to replace AVG with another product
B ) Backstep AVG to a 2010 or pre-2010 version
C ) Take Technical Issues like making an Exclusion permanent in the free version To the AVG Website Forums to get it figured out of fixed by the AVG Community and Development Team
D ) Or Uninstall Cabal completely if they are gonna keep AVG 2011 and after for one or the other need to go off the system.

Thats the 4 options I have unless we got a tech savy person running AVG 2011 Free Version and Cabal happily together, they can add comments on how they did it

I said what I said because I happened to be running 2011 AVG Free. As I indicated to the TS, post an error code or message if there was one.

NewEra
12-15-2010, 10:02 PM
get AVG 2011 thats what i use works perfect with cabal