PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Read Source File [Download Error]

Maxisback
12-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I have been trying to re-install Cabal after a few months of going without it, but cannot seem to be able to.

The problem is that when I get into about 10-30 percent of the download, the download stops, and fails.

It's been going on for a few days now, and I'm thinking it might be because of the new update or some issue related to it.

Penguin
12-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Tips, Get a good and clean computer, with a good and clean antivirus, with a good and clean Firewall.......and good connection.
THIS WAY YOU WONT HAVE DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS
NOR INSTALL PROBLEMS
NOR LAGG PROBLEMS
Edited.

Maxisback
12-19-2010, 01:29 PM
You really cannot be serious right now. I ask for help and I get some BS?
I have a decent computer, I've cleaned it time and time again. I have Anti-malware, I have Verizon Internet Security, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and plenty other programs. I have a decent connection as well, AND I'VE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS LIKE THIS BEFORE.

Edit: I tried again less than 2 hours ago, and I finally copied the message.
C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\NA_101209_Setup.exe. part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

P.S. It stopped at 100MB this time.

WheeMan
12-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I had the same issue when downloading the game. What I did is use Free Download Manager (www.freedownloadmanager.org) to download the file. Free Download Manager breaks the file up into easily downloadable pieces. Also, it supports download resuming, so if the error happens again, it'll be corrected and the download will continue.

Hatsuho
12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
I think JDownloader will work, let me check.

Edit: nvm didn't work, but try clearing your temporary internet files and other junk files with a cleaner like CCleaner or Auslogics Boostspeed

Maxisback
12-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the advice, you two.
I have CCleaner, I run it pretty much every time I log on to my computer and when I log off.
I tried Free Download Manager, but I can only seem to download the page the download is on. :P