PDA

View Full Version : Cabal has Encountered a Problem....

cptchurch
12-19-2010, 05:25 PM
hey,
i keep getting this error

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7232/201012192120.png

how do i get rid of it? keeps crashing my game and i cant play
thanks

ACE
12-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Tried upgrading your graphics card or motherboard if you use on-board graphics?

NewEra
12-19-2010, 05:51 PM
its not cabal is your PC

forumpost
12-19-2010, 05:55 PM
hey,
i keep getting this error

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7232/201012192120.png

how do i get rid of it? keeps crashing my game and i cant play
thanks

+1

This keeps happening to me too, and before update i never had this problem ... and I have a decent computer can you please tell me how to fix it?

Like should i make my screen resolution lower (i have 1920 X 1200 atm)

This only happens to me in war too.

cptchurch
12-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Tried upgrading your graphics card or motherboard if you use on-board graphics?

yes i have

cptchurch
12-19-2010, 06:07 PM
its not cabal is your PC

lol its not my pc my pc is a amd phenom II 965 3.4ghz(4cores), 4gb of 1333mhz ram, and a radeon 5850 GPU

NewEra
12-19-2010, 06:12 PM
yeah it's your pc upgrade it or ur graphics cuz my resolution is at full or i can put it to the lowest and cabal never crashes

cptchurch
12-19-2010, 06:15 PM
yeah it's your pc upgrade it or ur graphics cuz my resolution is at full or i can put it to the lowest and cabal never crashes

lol its not my pc, how do i know im at 300fps with it all on max, and i tried putting it on the lowest res and lowest settings possible, still gave me this error. btw if u think its my computer u prolly dont know anything about computers

cptchurch
12-19-2010, 06:17 PM
P.S i also re-installed still didnt work any GM's care to step in? because its not only me

lostguru
12-19-2010, 06:20 PM
happened to me a few times, three times during one war -_-

i think what was causing it for me was that i held down too many keys at one time (I use Q, W, E, & S to move around, mouse to look around and target, Z to target, and number row keys to use skills), since the problem stopped after i stopping doing that LOL

lostguru

forumpost
12-19-2010, 06:30 PM
ok ty helps lostguru ill try it

CuteReign
12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
same problem, i get it every once in a while, and never got it before update ><!

motero
12-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Has happened to me to many times.. I have redownloaded Cabal and honestly i think its EST prob cause before the update it NEVER happened not once. Good job EST good job

SilverIceForum
12-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Well, before the last expansion, didn't crash on me often, maybe once a month while something in the background was going, cabal would crash or take the comp completely down. Once the expansion installed, would happen 2 -3 times a week on me, though I keep my comp pretty much maintained, defrags, registry cleaned and defragged, disc scans and such on a 3 day schedule. Have to remember also, Winblows Update runs regularly on everyone's comp, and as we know, M$ can do some lousy patching and programming at times. Long story short, check the integrity of your Windows System Files, see if their CRC hashes check out to what they were at install or upgrade, built in command line program.

WinXp
Start>Run
type cmd.exe <enter>
at command prompt type sfc /scannow
let it run its course

Vista/Win7
Start>Search Line
type cmd.exe
right click icon in the search window>Run as Administrator
type sfc /scannow
again like above let it run its course

System File Checker (SFC) will compare all critical system files and drivers against its Hash/Version tables, anything it finds doesn't check out it replaces with a good known backup.

Been browsing the Technical Issues threads a lot lately and this issue has been very prevalent, SFC fixed my stability issues with Cabal, might help others as well.

XFearMyBladeX
12-19-2010, 08:42 PM
its not cabal is your PC

dont think it is my pc cuz i have alienware aurora... pretty much a gaming pc plus i have a program that checks my pc files and fix all the errors/scans all drivers/programs,..... and also i was using my pc in "Turbo Mode" means no lag(AT ALL),was running cabal rlly good;i connected in secs and still i was getting dced no matter what.anyway the dcing eror is already gone(at least for me) but it is not his pc was/is a game error.....

SigfriedVeini
12-20-2010, 06:09 AM
to switch channels fast i select char and then press escape and i log in after that. its pretty fast.