PDA

View Full Version : Virus detected in game program

HeavyMetal
12-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Why is there a BDS/Wallop.HA [backdoor] virus detected in the eng_imgrepository[1].dll?
Playing an Online Game is risky enough but to intall a "backdoor" virus that u have to stop ur anti-virus program to use is not really a safe way to do things. I play other mmorpg and do not have this problem. To have an open unprotected port wide open to the world, is this really a smart way to have it setup?

HeavyMetal
12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Norton and McAfee were too easy to crack ever since they came out, There better than nothing just not my choice. thx

XFearMyBladeX
12-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Why is there a BDS/Wallop.HA [backdoor] virus detected in the eng_imgrepository[1].dll?
Playing an Online Game is risky enough but to intall a "backdoor" virus that u have to stop ur anti-virus program to use is not really a safe way to do things. I play other mmorpg and do not have this problem. To have an open unprotected port wide open to the world, is this really a smart way to have it setup?

even if u delete it with norton(any other antivirus) it will show again..i think a friend told me thats how u can connect to the servers.. not sure tho.anyway use a progra to protect ur pc like the 1 i use even if some1 hacks ur pc they cant access ur key files cuz it deletes it after u log off.

HowToDupe
12-21-2010, 03:20 PM
>Playing an Online Game is risky enough

My friend, who is a computer major btw and also plays a lot of online games so he has experience in this, said you could easily solve this by deleting system 32. You see, most viruses attack this folder because it is vulnerable and easy to reproduce and spread throughout your cpu. It has no importance to your computer, however, thus you should delete your system 32 folder. The virus you have is obviously located in your system 32. Just delete and you'll be fine. Have a nice day.

XFearMyBladeX
12-21-2010, 03:22 PM
>Playing an Online Game is risky enough

My friend, who is a computer major btw and also plays a lot of online games so he has experience in this, said you could easily solve this by deleting system 32. You see, most viruses attack this folder because it is vulnerable and easy to reproduce and spread throughout your cpu. It has no importance to your computer, however, thus you should delete your system 32 folder. The virus you have it obviously located in your system 32. Just delete and you'll be fine. Have a nice day.

lol u dont have to delete ur system 32.

HowToDupe
12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
lol u dont have to delete ur system 32.

yes but deleting system 32 would make it so much easier. It's an unnecessary folder that houses all kinds of viruses. Sure you could do it the hard way and hire a professional to fix it for you when you could easily do it for yourself and delete system 32.

HeavyMetal
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
The only time this shows up is when Cabal is started, if u tell it to delete it, then Cabal reinstalls it before it will intiate. Its just part of the game programming. It brings it up as malware just something my system don't like i guess. FAQ says to put an exception in for this, just was wondering why it was there in the first place, thats all.

sn0wXz
12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
thats bout as credible virus deletion technique as your fail attempt to even dupe an item.

im still loling

XFearMyBladeX
12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
yes but deleting system 32 would make it so much easier. It's an unnecessary folder that houses all kinds of viruses. Sure you could do it the hard way and hire a professional to fix it for you when you could easily do it for yourself and delete system 32.

err nope,when some1 hacks ur pc they go to ur pc key files that means u can avoid that by using a program that deletes all ur key files so u can be fine.also there r programs that manage ur pc,if theres any1 trying to access ur pc they kick that person and closes or w/e u ppl call it from they r trying to access.if u lose anything u recover it from a back up(if it is needed for ur pc to run well).it is just stupid to delete the system32.ya it will fixs some of the stuffs but will screw up other stuffs in ur pc.

XFearMyBladeX
12-21-2010, 03:34 PM
The only time this shows up is when Cabal is started, if u tell it to delete it, then Cabal reinstalls it before it will intiate. Its just part of the game programming. It brings it up as malware just something my system don't like i guess. FAQ says to put an exception in for this, just was wondering why it was there in the first place, thats all.

yep,like i said even if u delete it will show everytime u run cabal.

HeavyMetal
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
yep, just one of those stupid ass anoyances. It started after all the update crap. Being playing Cabal on an off for the last few years. Theres always something.

SilverIceForum
12-21-2010, 03:46 PM

Well, 1 like mentioned it opens up the tcp/udp ports needed to connect to the servers to play cabal. 2nd issue as to why it is being detected as a backdoor/virus/trojan/worm/rootkit don't matter the A/V, the heuristics AI's can be pretty to damned sensitive. This, "Virus" is not a damned virus, it is a false positive, and been around in one report type to another for 3 f-ing years since i've been playing, and through many different A/V products installed until I found one that "Isn't to stupid" in its Heuristics AI to detect a false positive like this. Technically also, Gameguard, which monitors your hardware and processes for macros and 3rd party hacking tools, then reports it to whomever, is technically a worm/trojan in itself, and with the ports being opened in your firewall to connect along with the call to start Gameguard, yes, a stupid A/V program is gonna panic and cry "HEY HEY HEY, stop this program".

Simple solution, get rid of any P.O.S A/V solution in this list
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?657-Known-Anti-Virus-applications-that-has-problems-with-CABAL-and-GameGuard

and get a better one.

Avira and Avast! both free and good A/V
AVG the newer version there is showing some incompatability on certain setups.

And above all, try the dang search button b4 making a duplicate thread like this and post it in the proper section >_>

N@@Bs

XFearMyBladeX
12-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Well, 1 like mentioned it opens up the tcp/udp ports needed to connect to the servers to play cabal. 2nd issue as to why it is being detected as a backdoor/virus/trojan/worm/rootkit don't matter the A/V, the heuristics AI's can be pretty to damned sensitive. This, "Virus" is not a damned virus, it is a false positive, and been around in one report type to another for 3 f-ing years since i've been playing, and through many different A/V products installed until I found one that "Isn't to stupid" in its Heuristics AI to detect a false positive like this. Technically also, Gameguard, which monitors your hardware and processes for macros and 3rd party hacking tools, then reports it to whomever, is technically a worm/trojan in itself, and with the ports being opened in your firewall to connect along with the call to start Gameguard, yes, a stupid A/V program is gonna panic and cry "HEY HEY HEY, stop this program".

Simple solution, get rid of any P.O.S A/V solution in this list
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?657-Known-Anti-Virus-applications-that-has-problems-with-CABAL-and-GameGuard

and get a better one.

Avira and Avast! both free and good A/V
AVG the newer version there is showing some incompatability on certain setups.

And above all, try the dang search button b4 making a duplicate thread like this and post it in the proper section >_>

N@@Bs

err lets say this in the most nice and good person way:this is forum ppl will post the post they want,anytime they want,how ever they want,.dont call ppl nub at least be nice and help instead of being a got.. ^^ k bye.

HowToDupe
12-21-2010, 06:37 PM
thats bout as credible virus deletion technique as your fail attempt to even dupe an item.

im still loling

Are you retaded?
Both this virus deletion method and my duping method was obviously legit.
Why do you think DaisY deleted both my threads on duping if I were just "trolling" as you guys call it? Obviously because they realized it worked. Derp. Think before you post next time. And regarding my virus deletion method. Just google it, you will clearly find many results advocating the deletion of system 32. You call yourself a hacker and you don't even know this?? Here's something I found that took me oh I don't know 1 second of searching on google.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-11-29/1259495365931.jpg

You see in the picture it tells you to delete system 32 for faster internet. What's slowing down your internet? Potential viruses. God dammit, you are so dumb.

XFearMyBladeX
12-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Are you retaded?
Both this virus deletion method and my duping method was obviously legit.
Why do you think DaisY deleted both my threads on duping if I were just "trolling" as you guys call it? Obviously because they realized it worked. Derp. Think before you post next time. And regarding my virus deletion method. Just google it, you will clearly find many results advocating the deletion of system 32. You call yourself a hacker and you don't even know this?? Here's something I found that took me oh I don't know 1 second of searching on google.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-11-29/1259495365931.jpg

You see in the picture it tells you to delete system 32 for faster internet. What's slowing down your internet? Potential viruses. God dammit, you are so dumb.

lol if u delete ur system32 u will have to reinstall ur OS.system32 is usually located in the C: drive under C:\windows\system32 or C:\winnt\system32. several of the windows system files that you use to run your computer are stored in the system32 directory, which is why several of the errors you receive may be led by system32.
the system32 directory won't usually cause any problems by itself, so if you are receiving an error with a system32 file, you need to search for that file to resolve the problem. go to Start, search and then choose all files and folders to search for the file that is giving you trouble.now, that's just a basic overview of system32.

in simple, system32 is your 32Bit operating system.NUF SAID.

XFearMyBladeX
12-21-2010, 07:33 PM
lol, all 2010 antiviruses have been easy to crack, and are totally useless. They all su,ck.
Right now, i just use malwarebytes. That's all, lol. They are all screwed beyond repair. Besides, only idiots get viruses :\

Sigh, winblows is so terrible.

translation: only ppl who enter po rn sites get viruses lol

SilverIceForum
12-22-2010, 12:41 AM
translation: only ppl who enter po rn sites get viruses lol

Translation further added to: Anyone that visits any questionable site is liable to catch a comp virus of somesort. Heck, even I from time to time can, "Technically" catch a virus poking around where I shouldn't on a windows OS comp, even my Linux boxes if not cautious. Rule of thumb, if it appears to be a questionable site, pr0n, security bypass sites, the list is long, you can get a virus, don't click the link :). Scan anything you download or discs you set into a disc drive before attempting to open anything.

Back OT though...

Like I suggested above, replace your A/V solution with one that plays well with Cabal or figure out how to add the Cabal folder into your Anti-Virus's Exceptions listing so it isn't scanned on execution, or turn off your A/V's scan as opened solution.