PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter if the rate is in first slot or not? (Extending)

Pakamon
12-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Or can you not break the slots anymore

NiteFalcon
12-25-2010, 07:32 AM
if ur buying an item already extended thru char transfer then it doesnt matter anymore. but if u are buying a nonextended item it still matters, since 2nd slot can still be erased if you fail to fill 3rd slot.

Pakamon
12-25-2010, 07:59 AM
>.< And how much chance do I have to succeed the 3rd slot with a plain catalyst

macbowes
12-25-2010, 10:57 AM
if ur buying an item already extended thru char transfer then it doesnt matter anymore. but if u are buying a nonextended item it still matters, since 2nd slot can still be erased if you fail to fill 3rd slot.

Umm, no it can't. The slot that rate is in doesn't matter. As of episode four, slots cannot be erased, regardless of what happens to the extended slot.

For example, if you have a potential 40/7 helm, with rate in the second slot, and you extend it then fail CD in the third slot, the only thing that happens is that you don't get CD in the third slot. Your first and second slots remain untouched.

Woohah
12-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Umm, no it can't. The slot that rate is in doesn't matter. As of episode four, slots cannot be erased, regardless of what happens to the extended slot.

For example, if you have a potential 40/7 helm, with rate in the second slot, and you extend it then fail CD in the third slot, the only thing that happens is that you don't get CD in the third slot. Your first and second slots remain untouched.

I thought this was true as well until I attempted slot #3 on a Pherystin Orb from WEoD and ended up losing my CDI which was in #2.

NiteFalcon
12-25-2010, 11:33 AM

clearly you must not have extended any items since episode 4 then if u think that.

Pakamon
12-25-2010, 12:16 PM

I'm pretty sure it's rather that you cannot "Break/remove" the 3rd slot by failing an upgrade past +7
Guess I'm screwed

Swanky
12-25-2010, 01:05 PM

You shouldn't spread false information around.. might cost some people a lot of alz.

macbowes
12-25-2010, 01:13 PM
You shouldn't spread false information around.. might cost some people a lot of alz.

I could have sworn this is what happened, guess I was mistaken.

LethalHɐart
12-25-2010, 01:22 PM

Yeah then they might have to go and buy more. Right, got?

Swanky
12-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah then they might have to go and buy more. Right, got?

I see what you did there!

Lyro
12-26-2010, 10:31 AM
u can increase ur success rate by using an upgraded catalyst. For example if ur trying to slot a titanium blade with CD, and have a 50% chance with 1 force core, if u use a catalyst greatsword/daikat thats been upgraded, ur odds get higher. Its like 3% higher per upgrade. (I.E, a +9 greatsword/daik will give u 27% more of a chance to succeed so in total a 77% chance)