PDA

View Full Version : Cabal using windows 7/vista if u got lag follow this...

YAAAAAHAAAA
12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
NOTE, ONLY FOR WINDOWS 7/ POSSIBLY VISTA

1. Go to Start- type in "regedit" without quotation marks.

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

3. Browse the items under interfaces until you find one that has an IPAddress entry matching the network interface you want to affect (typically LAN IP addresses start with 192.168 or 10.0); note that if your IP address is automatically assigned by a DHCP server you may need to look for a matching DhcpIPAddress instead of IPAddress

4. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TcpAckFrequency”

5. Right-click the new TcpAckFrequency value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

6. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TCPNoDelay” (note that TCP is all uppercase this time – that’s intentional)

7. Right-click the new TCPNoDelay value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

8. Verify that both TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay now show up in the adapter’s property list with types REG_DWORD and values 0×00000001

9. Exit regedit and reboot (reboot is necessary for the changes to take effect!)

HOPE IT WORKS CAUSE IT WORKS ON ME...^_^...

Penguin
12-30-2010, 04:17 AM
I wouldnt do it unless i knew what all that stuff rly does.

Berserk_Fury
12-30-2010, 05:43 AM
I wouldnt do it unless i knew what all that stuff rly does.

I know what it does. It changes how long your computer waits before accepting or sending packets. This makes the game run a hell of a lot better. I didn't change mine manually, I used leatrix latency fix instead.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

I would highly recommend that people do this, before using the fix I couldn't use force kick in combo (hell I sometimes broke after using impact stab), after I can easily use any skills, dash/fade in combo.

Museifu
12-30-2010, 08:28 AM
:O interesting

XFearMyBladeX
12-30-2010, 08:31 AM
o.o yep yep

i am gonna try leatrix tho.i dont know how to do it manually.x.x just waiting for my ne.rd friend to tell me if this actually works before messing up my pc lol

GoughGhan
12-30-2010, 08:39 AM
I know what it does. It changes how long your computer waits before accepting or sending packets. This makes the game run a hell of a lot better. I didn't change mine manually, I used leatrix latency fix instead.

I would highly recommend that people do this, before using the fix I couldn't use force kick in combo (hell I sometimes broke after using impact stab), after I can easily use any skills, dash/fade in combo.

What he said.....

Deathlymonkey
12-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Anyone can explain in a non-geek way? I got lost at step3

Argetlam
12-30-2010, 08:49 AM

yeah, i did this too, and i could dash in combo on a tethered 3g internet speed so yeah its definately worth it

Museifu
12-30-2010, 08:50 AM
well i just tried it in game and did dash combo up to 13 on a dummy which i couldnt do b4 because it didnt work for some unknown reason. Soooo this works :D thanks man

-edit : i used Leatrix btw

sn0wXz
12-30-2010, 08:51 AM

slow down and read... its not geek language at all; if your having hard time comprehending finding a registry value, i wouldnt bother with college lols.

juji550
12-30-2010, 08:57 AM

don't worry, bro. I got lost at 3 too. lol

XFearMyBladeX
12-30-2010, 08:59 AM
lol not the only1 tho just try the latrix

crushingraid
12-30-2010, 09:14 AM
tried using latrex got errors just did it manually.

Deathlymonkey
12-30-2010, 09:48 AM
slow down and read... its not geek language at all; if your having hard time comprehending finding a registry value, i wouldnt bother with college lols.

Sorry for not being a geek and not knowing every single thing about computers. I play the game and thats all.

XFearMyBladeX
12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Sorry for not being a geek and not knowing every single thing about computers. I play the game and thats all.

lol +1

sn0wXz
12-30-2010, 10:08 AM

Whats geek about the instructions? Its questioning your comprehension skills lol, thats why they have the auto installer for the people who cant input a dword value into thier registry without a 20 page tutorial and video to go along with it, unless ofcourse you have attention deficit disorder, then i could let it slide.

lol not the only1 tho just try the latrix

yea and i just played cable: the online revolution of action. coolstory

XFearMyBladeX
12-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Whats geek about the instructions? Its questioning your comprehension skills lol, thats why they have the auto installer for the people who cant input a dword value into thier registry without a 20 page tutorial and video to go along with it, unless ofcourse you have attention deficit disorder, then i could let it slide.

any problem with the auto installer? u do it how ever u want lol and yes some ppl know the words or w/e others just play or pay for it to be done(like me)looool

SilverIceForum
12-30-2010, 10:24 AM
NOTE, ONLY FOR WINDOWS 7/ POSSIBLY VISTA

*Edit Do these 3 steps just in case you get something corrupted you can restore back to...
1. Create a Manual Restore Point and have a Windows 7 Repair disc handy. Start>My Computer>Right click>Properties>Click Create Button to Create a Manual Restore Point>Name and Save

2. Start>Control Panel>Backup and Restore>Create a system repair disc (You will need a blank DVD -R)

3. 1. Go to Start- type in "regedt32" without quotation marks.
In Regedit goto File>Export and save your current registry in a backup, USB Key drive, floppy, Memory Stick, somewhere safe you can restore from without problem remembering where you put it.

4. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

5. Browse the items under interfaces until you find one that has an IPAddress entry matching the network interface you want to affect (typically LAN IP addresses start with 192.168 or 10.0); note that if your IP address is automatically assigned by a DHCP server you may need to look for a matching DhcpIPAddress instead of IPAddress

6. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TcpAckFrequency”

7. Right-click the new TcpAckFrequency value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

8. Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TCPNoDelay” (note that TCP is all uppercase this time – that’s intentional)

9. Right-click the new TCPNoDelay value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

10. Verify that both TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay now show up in the adapter’s property list with types REG_DWORD and values 0×00000001

11. Exit regedit and reboot (reboot is necessary for the changes to take effect!)

HOPE IT WORKS CAUSE IT WORKS ON ME...^_^...

Edited and Fixed

Campus
12-30-2010, 11:11 AM
i like

David
12-30-2010, 11:25 AM
i like

me2

XFearMyBladeX
12-30-2010, 11:27 AM
me2

me3

juji550
12-30-2010, 05:39 PM
I just got this. I can blink combo now =D

Mat
12-31-2010, 12:21 AM

This should be stickied, it worked great for me. So easy to fade/blink/dash combo now...as opposed to retarded combo lag before.

+1 for you

Deathlymonkey
12-31-2010, 07:14 AM
This should be stickied, it worked great for me. So easy to fade/blink/dash combo now...as opposed to retarded combo lag before.

+1 for you

Ye, i could dash/fade in combo easily before but blink lagged a lot...now it succeeds like 99% of the time.

Valdoroth
12-31-2010, 08:49 AM
yeas, i didn't know it had been updated since i last got it. Thanks Berzerk

SomeGuy
12-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Is there a way to uninstall this? I have disconnected at least 3 times already without really doing much in game. Will do more testing just to make sure if its the cause.

SomeGuy
12-31-2010, 09:43 AM
Never mind I see the removal script haha >.<"

If it works for everyone else then it's probably my piece of I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ comp and router.

Sabuvok
12-31-2010, 08:09 PM
How do you test your ping? I tried using http://www.pingtest.net/ but i had the exact same ping before and after.
Did i do something wrong?

SilverIceForum
12-31-2010, 11:59 PM
How do you test your ping? I tried using http://www.pingtest.net/ but i had the exact same ping before and after.

um, many ways to test ping. two best are inside recent windows versions, the ping.exe command at a cmd window. type ping web or ip address you want to test. use many addresses to get an average. default setting for windows ping command is 4 pings, the -n numberpingstosend flag overrides that.

another thing is the route upon which your packets travel to and from any respective server. another lovely little command line command called tracert. just like ping tracert web or ip address. you can see how many computers, hubs, and backbones it takes your packets to travel between you and your target you specify, listing out each hop address and latency at each hop.

a little trick also, you can try using various proxy servers out there to test their latency and routes to any address to gauge how your ping relates as far as distance.

most routers if you are behind one have these commands in their diagnostics options, just log into your router and give the commands address to ping and such.

here a nice set of tools also if you really want to test your connection
http://www.dslreports.com/tools
especially the speed test, test it to most if not all the speed tests there to get an average depending on distance and hops.

Valdoroth
01-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Bump for sticky!

iGotTheMagic
01-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey this really worked :) I can combo much easier now :D!

Museifu
01-01-2011, 08:20 PM
bump for sticky

YAAAAAHAAAA
01-02-2011, 03:53 AM
Edited and Fixed

lolz...even with out backing up haha..well its too easy just add those tcp's and ur good it wont destroy your system..^_^...playing dota allstar at the same time with cabal no lags..^_^...

SilverIceForum
01-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Even if it is just a network configuration setting to how windows does its search parameters. Simple rule before even attempting to change anything in the windows registry, at least back up the registry. Done plenty a computer re-install of an OS due to some customer not used to editing their registry doing a "Simple" registry hack and bring it in crying fix it fix it fix it please. Heck even I have backed up my registry or made a restore point, done a test registry hack, rebooted and had a comp just sit there after a registry hack only to have to reboot from a repair disc to restore back to the point b4 the hack.

Windows Registry can be a touchy and dangerous thing to deal with if one letter or number is wrong so the backup methods are just safety harnesses to fall back on ;-)

WORTHLESS
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
hmm...hi am using windows xp and having alot of skill delay /lag problems will this help me in anyway??

EzSeleneEz
01-22-2011, 10:55 PM
hmm...hi am using windows xp and having alot of skill delay /lag problems will this help me in anyway??

i wouldnt attempt it until you get confirmation that it works on xp, since all ive seen here is 7/vista.

darkness_abyss
01-22-2011, 11:01 PM
my computer started to lagg everytime my graphic card reaches 115 cel, hope this thing can fix the lagg even though it really has nothing to do with it lol

monuis
08-01-2012, 03:44 AM

hi you can also test your ping at Whoisxy.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/) here they provide you good results .test your ping and compare it with other results.

jimbo
08-12-2012, 06:32 AM

I would highly recommend that people do this, before using the fix I couldn't use force kick in combo (hell I sometimes broke after using impact stab), after I can easily use any skills, dash/fade in combo. Ty gonna try that when I can, thought it was my. Computer

plzbuffme
08-12-2012, 09:18 AM
just use AOL meng it boosted my internet so much 56k for life baby!!!