PDA

View Full Version : Problem on Cabal

jpalasz77
12-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey guys im not sure where to post this but would anyone know how to make my laptop stop having lagg spikes when im on cabal

This only happens on this game i think.
Or maybe it just doesnt do that on 2d games.
But yea can someone tell me how I can stop this lagg spikes every 30 seconds or so?

If you can reply here or just add me on msn
[email protected]

LєthalHeart
12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
are u sure ur using the actual laptop and not the box it came in?

jpalasz77
12-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Yes im using the laptop but the lagg is probably from the graphics or maybe i have to change something. I was hoping someone would know

LєthalHeart
12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Yes im using the laptop but the lagg is probably from the graphics or maybe i have to change something. I was hoping someone would know

how old is ur laptop

jpalasz77
12-30-2010, 12:24 PM
very new lol but other games dont do this.

LєthalHeart
12-30-2010, 12:27 PM
maybe ur range of view is too high

jpalasz77
12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Ill try but what should i put resolution as?

jpalasz77
12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
I still get the lagg spikes but um do u know any other good game like cabal? Ill see if that does the same

LєthalHeart
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
try the 1028x(whatever) resolution.

also u can turn down shadow and water detail
range of view u dont need past 3

maybe ur connection is bad too? ppl have trouble playing from dorm rooms.(cuz their college is cheap lul)

PSBeardy
12-30-2010, 05:27 PM
I play with laptops as well, you need to nerf your load on your integrated graphics card. Still unless you purchased a Gaming Laptop with a desktop class CPU and 1 or 2 GPU's (I recommend Nvida over ASUS)you will end up with low FPS around 20-30 at best of times and Mission war and CA's will be all but unplayable. Future reference you need to make sure you have a dedicated GPU in a laptop if you wish to use it for decent games.

dodoso123
12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
What the hell are you guys doing?
Post your specs.
If vista/7 search cmd and type dxdiag
If xp run >>> cmd then type dxdiag
Make sure run as admin.

System information is all you need to write down.

SilverIceForum
12-30-2010, 11:40 PM
What the hell are you guys doing?
Post your specs.
If vista/7 search cmd and type dxdiag
If xp run >>> cmd then type dxdiag
Make sure run as admin.

System information is all you need to write down.

+1 yeah, hate trying to guess wth is packed in a box when ppl ask Tech issues like this.

General Info like so...
CPU (Processor)
Memory Installed
GPU (GFX Processor) and how much dedicated Memory (Laptops it is generally shared memory also)
OS (WinXP, Vista/7 is it 32 or 64bit)

However, pretty recent laptop should handle Cabal decently until you start Talking like NW and CA like stated above when have to many objects being drawn. Recent Intel Core or AMD CPU over 2ghz or 1 ghz per core in multi-core models should handle pretty well. 1.5Gig+ Memory (2-4 Gigs or higher preferably). Nvidia or ATI Gfx chip with at least 256mb dedicated would be minimum to play this game on a laptop, if that Gfx chip is an Intel or any other brand GPU, put a bullet in that beast right now, never get anywhere with any intense 3d games, maybe Maplestory or similar (just my opinion though)

Suggestions
Turn Resolution down to 800x600 (This is Cabal's Minimum)
Being a laptop screen set refresh to 60hz, 85hz for a CRT Monitor
Turn MultiSampling completely off
Turn off Rain,Snow, Wind as well as distortion effect
Everything but Gamma move to 0, leave Gamma at 1

That should reduce a lot of lag for general gameplay and pvp, NW though you will start to slow and get to stepping when you are talking 15-20+ players mobbing and fighting like a mid-base so combo will become useless at that time :/

Still lagging like you are stating it is after that, it is your network connection then, if not that, hdd lag being I do not believe laptop SATA connections are anywhere close to desktop SATA being they have to conserve battery power over drive speed.