PDA

View Full Version : Ign error message

Zheme
01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
why do i keep getting messages in game saying there is a error with the anti cheat or that it detected something. tells me to start cabal again??

SilverIceForum
01-02-2011, 02:45 PM
What are you running in the background. MSN, Yahoo, AIM, any torrent clients running?? <----A lot of times any types of these running can cause issues, remember MSN and AIM used to cause this when on OGP and we had x-trap. Wouldn't by chance be running a programmable mouse or keyboard???

Just a few off the top of my head.

couple suggestions...
Update your OS and drivers
Run a registry cleanup to scan for registry errors.
Scan the discs for errors
Maybe even a defrag might help.

Never know what at anytime will set Gameguard off.

Zheme
01-02-2011, 05:18 PM
game booster, maybe thats why?

marrakech
01-02-2011, 05:30 PM
i used to get this error, but u can try to run the game with different compatibility mode for windows vista or xp, or depand on the anti virus software you using, im using kaspersky, it makes false alarm when i run cabal..so i just added into the exception or disable it while i start the game.

SilverIceForum
01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
game booster, maybe thats why?

Could quite well be. Might be in Gameguard's list of suspicious programs that can, "possibly", give to much of an advantage as a scripting or macro program. anti-virus though marrakech will generally appear as the program trying to start, then all of sudden just disappear without any message or does act like a program crash that windows gives an error report even before the log in screen, though checking that out is not out of the picture either. sounds here like the OP is already in game then a few minutes later getting this "Gameguard" error message, meaning GG is sending the error signal, not windows or the A/V.

right clicking the Cabal icon, then selecting compatiblity mode and running cabal as WinXP might also work. still thinking now that the OP listed it, gamebooster might flagged by GG, see what happens without running it next time.