PDA

View Full Version : Blended RUNES: How does it really works???

ZEPR0
02-13-2011, 06:22 AM
aight tittle tells it all
DICUSS, DICUSS, DiCUSS

= whats up with this activation bout blended RUNES??
= is it always goin to work to a char/mobs??
= how to ups it??

GoughGhan
02-13-2011, 06:40 AM
They tend to work like magnets......effen miracles.

LeʇhalHeart
02-13-2011, 03:14 PM
They tend to work like magnets......effen miracles.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/WiII_photos/ruamegnet-1.jpg

ITooTMyShid
02-13-2011, 04:41 PM
idk about yall but mine works all the time i have Shock i use it in war channel and it always activate !

ZEPR0
02-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Bump

Mat
02-14-2011, 10:00 PM
aight tittle tells it all
DICUSS, DICUSS, DiCUSS

= whats up with this activation bout blended RUNES??
= is it always goin to work to a char/mobs??
= how to ups it??

I guess there are 3 different levels of blended runes, but nobody has gotten above a level 1 which is I. I've got Defenseless I(PVE) and Counter Force I(PvP/PK/War), both have 1% chance to activate on each skill, but I think it turns into 1% activation for every 1 second of cast time your skill has. In other words, 1.5 sec skills have 1.5% chance, 2.5 sec skills have 2.5% chance, not too sure. When they activate, they're only activated for that specific skill and nothing else. As for BM2, dunno it would be tough to find out. In any case, they really don't do much. I'll get a max of 5 activations of Defenseless in an entire BM2.

Drew
02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
screw blended for now, I haven't even got all the essence i want/need :(

which brings me to an old question about crit rate: if say u have 50% cr, how does it work? Is it like ---

1. if u'll tend to consumate a kill (whether a monster or character) in x no. of skills, does 50% rate mean u'd crit half of x on the average? ex. 3 crits in 6 skills cast

or

2. u'd crit 50-50 in every skill u cast?

and no one can give me a categorical answer in-game 'cuz critting is a fickle business for sure.
inb4 someone retorts they're mathematically the same 'cuz they are not...

Mat
02-14-2011, 10:39 PM
screw blended for now, I haven't even got all the essence i want/need :(

which brings me to an old question about crit rate: if say u have 50% cr, how does it work? Is it like ---

1. if u'll tend to consumate a kill (whether a monster or character) in x no. of skills, does 50% rate mean u'd crit half of x on the average? ex. 3 crits in 6 skills cast

or

2. u'd crit 50-50 in every skill u cast?

and no one can give me a categorical answer in-game 'cuz critting is a fickle business for sure.
inb4 someone retorts they're mathematically the same 'cuz they are not...

lol this is a dumb question....its based on each skill thats casted, not a "set" of skills...

cast a lance, 50% chance to crit..

cast 100 lances in a row, 50% chance to crit on every single one..

Drew
02-14-2011, 10:44 PM
well, i just hope ur sure about that tho...cuz really, no one in the 3 guilds i asked could answer it with certainty.

ask the fs or even fb's mostly which seemed to rawk with their 50ish rate ON PAPER...but in reality sometimes, they be lucky to pull off even half their total combo ^^
it's not as obvious as u make it seem...

Mat
02-14-2011, 11:16 PM
well, i just hope ur sure about that tho...cuz really, no one in the 3 guilds i asked could answer it with certainty.

ask the fs or even fb's mostly which seemed to rawk with their 50ish rate ON PAPER...but in reality sometimes, they be lucky to pull off even half their total combo ^^
it's not as obvious as u make it seem...

dude its 50 rate its 50/50 chance to crit over and over, just because u dont crit ur first hit it doesnt mean ur bound to crit ur next or so on...its hit by hit and doesnt go by series of hits, why would u think otherwise? thats just nonsense

Drew
02-14-2011, 11:56 PM
cuz KR math is completely different from urs and mine ^^

stay with me for a moment here...

when u have a set dmg and/or potential (as determined by ur set/gear/weap etc), ur stats in other words, the program can pretty much pre-set/pre-determine how many skills u need to cast 'on the average' to finish off an entity --- whether an environment (pve) or another player(pvp) --- BASED on the entity's own set of stats (def, flee, resist, etc.).

So it could be that instead of the 'obvious' and 'common' notion of the rate being applied to each skill as cast, they could have programmed it in such a way that the rate u have will apply to that pre-set, pre-determined no. of skills u need to kill the entity. Hence, no. 1 in my theoretical and seemingly rhetorical question above.

Are u still with me? tell me if that's too much to comprehend, kk. lol I know this is a radical view, but how else can u explain the non-conformity of critting to conventional math? Heck, not just critting but upgrading, crafting success, etc etc and the list goes on and on...lol. Like i said, their math is totally alien.

Nanjirou
02-15-2011, 02:21 AM
Gadamm drew ur dumb. Go hit a training dummy for two hours please. Anyway back on topic,if my defenceless rune activates, will the debuff affect all the mobs within my aoe, or will it only debuff one mob?

Drew
02-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Go hit a training dummy for two hours please.

doesn't prove or disprove anything. wish ur mind works much better or sharper than that.
so if it takes u 1m hits to kill a dummy lol, u'd crit 500k times, so?

Gadamm drew ur dumb.

dumb are those who refuse to think outside of the box...like u

,if my defenceless rune activates, will the debuff affect all the mobs within my aoe, or will it only debuff one mob?

who cares...not me

PSBeardy
02-15-2011, 05:31 AM
Drew I suggest a statistics course or 3 for you... Just because you have a chance to crit say even a 50% chance you could easily fire off 100 skills and crit 0 of them. Koreans, Japanese even Arabs all have and use the same math as it really is the only universal language.

Soryuha
02-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Drew, 50% critical rate = 50% chance on every skill you cast. You cast lightning cannon its basically a yes or no as to whether you land a critical hit. There is no build up for a set of skills, if that was the case, Blader's would be critting a lot more often because of the critical rate they gain on each skill. Your so called 'outside the box' thinking isn't so outside the box considering 1+1=2 in every culture even if the numbers are called something different.

Koreans, Japanese even Arabs all have and use the same math as it really is the only universal language.
This ^

Blended Runes, as far as I know they activate per hit or skill iirc. I'm thinking the more you hit, like a blader retargetting or FA I suppose, the better chance you have at activating runes more often.

when u have a set dmg and/or potential (as determined by ur set/gear/weap etc), ur stats in other words, the program can pretty much pre-set/pre-determine how many skills u need to cast 'on the average' to finish off an entity --- whether an environment (pve) or another player(pvp) --- BASED on the entity's own set of stats (def, flee, resist, etc.).

And that can be disproved by how non crits vary ^ There is no pre-determined route, all stats get factored everytime a skill is cast. It's the same reason why people in Porta Inferno can recieve misses from monsters and then other times defense rate will fail and they die.

Drew
02-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Drew I suggest a statistics course or 3 for you... Just because you have a chance to crit say even a 50% chance you could easily fire off 100 skills and crit 0 of them. Koreans, Japanese even Arabs all have and use the same math as it really is the only universal language.

lol, what math is supposed to be, an exact field. If u can say that without blinking, that everything here is exact, I salute you....yea yeah, just console urself guys with what u feel comfortable. mine is just a possibility though seeing as everything in here from random to probability to lottery, lol, seem all scrwed up. lol. was it Einstein who said "it's not what u don't know that gets u into trouble; it's what u know for sure but ain't so"? True.

And that can be disproved by how non crits vary ^ There is no pre-determined route, all stats get factored everytime a skill is cast. It's the same reason why people in Porta Inferno can recieve misses from monsters and then other times defense rate will fail and they die.

kk fair 'nuf. a semblance of an explanation that disproves my theory. and that's how u prove or disprove things^^ rather than just say, it's how u apply math in this case 'cuz for all u know, they didn't. k case closed. peace.

rythemz
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
lol, what math is supposed to be, an exact field. If u can say that without blinking, that everything here is exact, I salute you....yea yeah, just console urself guys with what u feel comfortable. mine is just a possibility though seeing as everything in here from random to probability to lottery, lol, seem all scrwed up. lol. was it Einstein who said "it's not what u don't know that gets u into trouble; it's what u know for sure but ain't so"? True.

kk fair 'nuf. a semblance of an explanation that disproves my theory. and that's how u prove or disprove things^^ rather than just say, it's how u apply math in this case 'cuz for all u know, they didn't. k case closed. peace.

A simple way to figure out your theory would be to hit a weak mobs that only require 2 hits to kill it. If it is 50% rate, that means one crit and one don't for every attempt, which is not true.

Mat
02-15-2011, 11:24 AM
cuz KR math is completely different from urs and mine ^^

stay with me for a moment here...

So it could be that instead of the 'obvious' and 'common' notion of the rate being applied to each skill as cast, they could have programmed it in such a way that the rate u have will apply to that pre-set, pre-determined no. of skills u need to kill the entity. Hence, no. 1 in my theoretical and seemingly rhetorical question above.

Are u still with me? tell me if that's too much to comprehend, kk. lol I know this is a radical view, but how else can u explain the non-conformity of critting to conventional math? Heck, not just critting but upgrading, crafting success, etc etc and the list goes on and on...lol. Like i said, their math is totally alien.

you've added complex words in a completely retarded statement, what do you mean am i still with you? have you even played cabal? apparently not by the looks of the bs you're spewing

Nanjirou
02-15-2011, 08:00 PM
doesn't prove or disprove anything. wish ur mind works much better or sharper than that.
so if it takes u 1m hits to kill a dummy lol, u'd crit 500k times, so?

dumb are those who refuse to think outside of the box...like u

who cares...not me

Lmao Takes a retar to make a simple thing complicated. Crits are one of the most straight forward things in this game... Overcomplicating does not = thinking outside the box, sorry. As for upgrade rates they are unknown.Same pretty much for crafting.