PDA

View Full Version : Total fail..

XMfknMattyX
02-20-2011, 08:50 AM
So, I was just running to Volcanic Citadael, for a run. When I noticed two bots on the way. Being the person I am, I killed them of course. Now I have to wait thirty minutes to do my run. I know alot of people are going to say "Shouldn't have killed them so quit QQn over it, its your fault." etc. Honestly though..Pking bots shouldnt give you a PK penalty, if anything you should be rewarded for it. So yea, anyway my little rant is over. Deuces

Killa
02-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I knooow I know. I think the problem though is that there currently is no way to tell right off the bat with a computer program weather someone is a bot or not. You have to physically go find the person and watch them, which in my book still is no excuse for a company to not do something about it. It just means the company is too lazy to divert their resources into taking care of the problem. This mistake I will not make when I am a videogame designer.

sn0wXz
02-20-2011, 09:04 AM
lol theres no discrimination by the client/server. it cant tell if the person you killed is a bot or just a noob lvling...

i dont see that being in cabal 1, let alone cabal 2 lol..its rather insignificant, just keep from pking untill ur done dungs....

or do it on alts ^_^

edit:

I knooow I know. I think the problem though is that there currently is no way to tell right off the bat with a computer program weather someone is a bot or not. You have to physically go find the person and watch them, which in my book still is no excuse for a company to not do something about it. It just means the company is too lazy to divert their resources into taking care of the problem. This mistake I will not make when I am a videogame designer.

i dont think you realize how many factors come into play suggesting its simple to design a system that cannot be reversed, or exploited overnight and status quo (bots everwhere) will never go away, maybe less in a pay 2 play mmo, but not play 4 free...the currency selling sites, and trade sites as well as normal players who just like to sell/buy things for real-world currency instead of virtual currency.

example: you become game designer, make a system that implements checks to be sure the player isnt botting.

5 hours later after being live, the reversed patch is available by some guy bored and decided to play with ollydebugger and your game to create exploits.

end of story.

Slowpoke
02-20-2011, 09:33 AM
"Shouldn't have killed them so quit QQn over it, its your fault."
;D

Lyro
02-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Theres a "report abuse" button in the skill special tab. Dunno if it works though lol