PDA

View Full Version : Failed to download server info.

Christopher Cook
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
I have the us client and i live in us.

why the hell is this not working?

This happened when i accidently downloaded the EU version and now had to keep waiting.... this is REDICULOUS.

YoungSuper
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
try reinstallation and check your cpu and see if it meets cabal's recquirements, if that doesnt work contact the help desk.

Christopher Cook
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Try re-installing? I downloaded it from the damn main site!

and my laptop has the req's and then some.

unless somebody can give me some useful information, i'm deleting the client and giving up this is ridiculous.

YoungSuper
02-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Try re-installing? I downloaded it from the damn main site!

and my laptop has the req's and then some.

unless somebody can give me some useful information, i'm deleting the client and giving up this is ridiculous.

i gave you 2 options sir, calm down and try the 2nd one. if that doesnt work? then go complain.

Christopher Cook
02-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Nope, not worth my time, was kinda looking forward to playing it, but the amount of time it takes to re download the client 30 times is NOT worth it.

Garbage.

YoungSuper
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Nope, not worth my time, was kinda looking forward to playing it, but the amount of time it takes to re download the client 30 times is NOT worth it.

Garbage.

ok.

SilverIceForum
02-23-2011, 10:08 PM
ok.

If you got no "REAL" technical experience, other than the Novice User crack you been posting on your answers in the couple threads you've posted in that I have seen, don't answer any Tech questions then please, causing more confusion or enraging further the person experiencing them. Case point 1, pretty dang sure most gamers gonna check if their system meets minimum or recommended requirements b4 installing a game nubby, and not all issues need a full uninstall/reinstall to fix them in most cases, just a little tech savvy digging into system areas. kthbbai.

To OP
Just because you uninstalled something, doesn't mean something from the install is not present after everything is removed from the install directory, mainly the system registry may have something still in there that points where it should not.

Download a fairly good registry cleaner/fixer, I would suggest either CCleaner or Powertools Lite (PTLite), install the one you download, PTLite is pretty straight forward on doing a registry scan, but both are free.

Uninstall cabal again, then after run your registry cleaner, and once the cleaner/fixer gets done with its analysis, click fix the problems.

Double check your install directory, generally C:\Program Files, if the directory is still there for any cabal version select them then hit Shift+Delete to permanently remove them, then try reinstalling Cabal again.

Doesn't work after that, then your next option will really p/o you, reformatting your windows drive and reinstalling windows from a fresh install :/