PDA

View Full Version : Cabal II Site + trailer

MasterChaosX
03-02-2011, 06:07 AM
plucked this off the EU forums while i was looking at the drop thread over there lol
http://www.cabal2.com/

Rastan
03-02-2011, 06:16 AM
hmmmm....interesting

Panda Lee
03-02-2011, 06:18 AM
>.> Way to show us this yourself EST . . . oh thas right you dun got no company to player communication >(

GoughGhan
03-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Yea, according to the site it's "comming"

Already have high hopes cause of that.

NiteFalcon
03-02-2011, 06:55 AM
the trailer loads pathetically slow for me...can anyone find a youtube copy of that trailer or somethin

GoughGhan
03-02-2011, 06:56 AM
the trailer loads pathetically slow for me...can anyone find a youtube copy of that trailer or somethin

Nope I just downloaded the flv file and watched it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNAG7KAKrM

YoungSuper
03-02-2011, 07:16 AM
it looks kinda weird, it looks like they went from being all high tech to all the way back in the 1930s or something.. cabal2 should be living in the world 2070 or something, But nice job finding this trailer.. why didnt est show us this?

Rockstar
03-02-2011, 07:20 AM
hmm..

coo

EzSeleneEz
03-02-2011, 07:30 AM
hmm..

coo

unicorn is so ho.mo.... rofl

Travesh
03-02-2011, 07:56 AM
I wish they'd stop making the force blader look so retardedly epic!http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/th_111_.gif

realowner
03-02-2011, 08:36 AM
cabal 2 is gonna be run by est so its gonna suk non the less

XFearMyBladeX
03-02-2011, 08:46 AM
at :24 that was Spur to the far left.

ROFL

but if the game is gonna be run by est sooner or later it will end I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ed up lol

macbowes
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Game looks cool, but it's not going to be as good as D3, so it doesn't really matter.

XFearMyBladeX
03-02-2011, 09:02 AM
bleh just wait for the game to come out,see how the management is gonna work ,if I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s then move to RIFT >.>

NiteFalcon
03-02-2011, 09:04 AM

thanks for the reupload. looks tight.

NiteFalcon
03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
FB looks beast. sure blade and soul is what I'll most likely go over too, but this will definitely be tried out.

YoungSuper
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
F2p? P2p?

xXCrusadeXx
03-02-2011, 09:33 AM
o wow, i think last time i checked cabal2.com just redirected to cabal.com.

NewEra
03-02-2011, 10:10 AM

dammmm FB looks wicked as always

Mishon
03-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Looks like pooh.

Xiju
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Blade and soul - basically aion with a diff theme nothing special
D3 - inb4botworld
Gw2 - another point and click as usual
Tera - vinidctus gameplay without the boats yesplz
Cabal II - might be worth it if the combo system/ retarget system is there still or else it's just gonna be a huge point and click fest like any other mmo

MamaMiaYoe
03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
They wont remove the combo/retarget system. Its what makes cabal different than most MMO's

Shinji
03-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Lol fb ftw

XFearMyBladeX
03-02-2011, 11:11 AM
o.o fb looks pretty :O and and strong o.o

CyrStalAFX
03-02-2011, 11:59 AM
^_^

Mishon
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
All they did is make the game even more generic with that dull art style.

macbowes
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Blade and soul - basically aion with a diff theme nothing special
D3 - inb4botworld
Gw2 - another point and click as usual
Tera - vinidctus gameplay without the boats yesplz
Cabal II - might be worth it if the combo system/ retarget system is there still or else it's just gonna be a huge point and click fest like any other mmo

B&S isn't going to be "westernized" like Aion, so it will be totally different. Aion was meant to be a WoW competitor, so they based gameplay off of that. GW2 will be just like GW1 (amazing). I don't really care about TERA, so I'm not sure what it's like. D3 is going to be the best game ever (fact). CABAL2 might be good, but who cares cause it's not D3.

Xiju
03-02-2011, 12:35 PM
B&S isn't going to be "westernized" like Aion, so it will be totally different. Aion was meant to be a WoW competitor, so they based gameplay off of that. GW2 will be just like GW1 (amazing). I don't really care about TERA, so I'm not sure what it's like. D3 is going to be the best game ever (fact). CABAL2 might be good, but who cares cause it's not D3.

Actually I've played the betas and tbh there really is no huge differences between bs and aion. I don't know what you mean by "westernized" but bs is just made up of chain skills and point an click like aion is. Tera is great because of the different gameplay it has from a typical mmo. It's not point an click - rather something from God of War or something.

I've played gw1 and have to agree that it was great. However, the point and click gets old.

D3 will be great if it doesn't end up hack/ bot city like d2.

elviento
03-02-2011, 12:35 PM
DAm i like FB look..but is sad i felt bad when i saw the vid...guesss had higher expectatives than this.

dehc09
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
the blader's armor looks epic.. o.o

Derp
03-02-2011, 02:50 PM
cabal has officialy joined the typical mmorpg bandwagon...
meng, the skills arent as flashy and the armor looks so average.
and the fact that they still have an fb and bl.... seems original for the second version eh?

Rs071822
03-02-2011, 03:27 PM
FBs look liek a mini sasuke O.o

Marth
03-02-2011, 03:42 PM
FS use a whirlwind type skill? Aww yeahh!

LeʇhalHeart
03-02-2011, 03:43 PM
This game looks so ty, what the are they using to make it? A couple graduates from University Of Pheonix Online? There are already games out with better skills, better graphics, and probably, a bigger world.

Marth
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
This game looks so ty, what the are they using to make it? A couple graduates from University Of Pheonix Online? There are already games out with better skills, better graphics, and probably, a bigger world.

I agree. With the current MMO's today they could do WAY better. Graphic wise it looks super weak.

stealth305
03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
yea i agree 100% these graphics look to old, and if this game iz all old looking lyk other MMO's im out lol rather stick too flashy games and making a future cabal would b 100000x's better^*

macbowes
03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Actually I've played the betas and tbh there really is no huge differences between bs and aion. I don't know what you mean by "westernized" but bs is just made up of chain skills and point an click like aion is. Tera is great because of the different gameplay it has from a typical mmo. It's not point an click - rather something from God of War or something.

I've played gw1 and have to agree that it was great. However, the point and click gets old.

D3 will be great if it doesn't end up hack/ bot city like d2.

Oh, I didn't know that B&S was already in beta! By westernized I meant that it's more quest oriented. I haven't played WoW, but there's a big difference between that "style" of MMO (WoW, Aion, City of Heroes / Villains, etc.) and Korean MMO's (CABAL, 2Moons / Dekaron, Grenado Espada, etc.). GW1 (and hopefully GW2) is different from all of those MMO's in that the focus is on gameplay and having a very diverse amount of skills available for each class so it's the skill build (and quality of execution, i.e., skill) that defines how well the player does as opposed to the gear that the character has. The botting in D2 only got as bad as it is now because they stopped updating (for the most part) their anti-cheat software and back in 1998, players using third-party programs to cheat in online games wasn't nearly as prevalent and developers didn't prepare as much for that type of thing. I'm certain that there will be botting in D3 like there is in any and every MMO, but hopefully it will be combated.

macbowes
03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I agree. With the current MMO's today they could do WAY better. Graphic wise it looks super weak.

After watching the trailer I'm having a hard time believing their using CryEngine 3.

Sorry, but nothing in that trailer looked even remotely close to this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Cryengine3_screenshot.png

Obviously they wouldn't be able to use full potential of the engine because of having to account for an MMO setting.

Takimaru
03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1383/lolexi.jpg

I was really disappointed in the graphics I thought they used Cry Engine 3 to make this o.o

Mishon
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
After watching the trailer I'm having a hard time believing their using CryEngine 3.

Sorry, but nothing in that trailer looked even remotely close to this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Cryengine3_screenshot.png

Obviously they wouldn't be able to use full potential of the engine because of having to account for an MMO setting.

I thought that was an actual forest for a moment lol!

AyaMatsu
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
ESTsoft should have bought Disney's rights to Tron and used it in their character/world design... Dark world, Glowing stripes, Flashy world, who wouldn't say no?

Frankly this -twilight- feel of MMO's loosely based on Zelda's Twilight Princess Hyrule are making me sad. Dusk-like setting with lots of greenery in a fantasy setting, I find personally a little too overdone. Actually, I'm a little too tired of the "ancient" or "fantasy" world and when it comes down to it, it's really a graphic battle.

I'm going to argue the setting makes all the difference, and to be honest most companies aren't trying to break out of the mold with this. I think a creative backstory with a well-thought out environment makes MMO's that much more interesting to play.

AbsoluteProdigy
03-02-2011, 05:48 PM
inb4 WoW copy

Anyways, I hope FBs can actually like, yanno use magic (as in not debuff/buff)
Also I have this strange feeling this is going to be p2p

LeʇhalHeart
03-02-2011, 05:54 PM
inb4 WoW copy

Anyways, I hope FBs can actually like, yanno use magic (as in not debuff/buff)
Also I have this strange feeling this is going to be p2p

>Estsoft
> trailer
>dem graphics
>p2p

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/WiII_photos/5432664.png

Yeah sorry but the only way they'd get me to play that is if I was getting paid.

Dexodus
03-02-2011, 05:54 PM
lol @ this

Dexodus
03-02-2011, 05:57 PM
now that i think of it...looks like a Gamecube game i would find in the bottom of my drawer.

LeʇhalHeart
03-02-2011, 05:59 PM

I was really disappointed in the graphics I thought they used Cry Engine 3 to make this o.o

Water gala, battle night walker and high school.

inb4 170 level cap

xXCrusadeXx
03-02-2011, 06:30 PM

i think they used the engine mainly for what it can do, especially with the physics. Keep in mind peoples computers might have a difficult time playing a game like this.

Hatsuho
03-02-2011, 08:30 PM
I doubt half of the community that's 140+ will hop on to the next one.

macbowes
03-02-2011, 08:33 PM
I doubt half of the community that's 140+ will hop on to the next one.

Anyone that's not dumb and has a half-decent character will be selling their character for as much USD / d2jsp forum gold they can get.

ZEPR0
03-03-2011, 05:30 AM
THIS would prolly be out by 2012
pretty sure of it

XFearMyBladeX
03-03-2011, 06:02 AM
THIS would prolly be out by 2012
pretty sure of it

o.o yeahhh game will be out the same year world is gonna end :O =p

Pakamon
03-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Anyone that's not dumb and has a half-decent character will be selling their character for as much USD / d2jsp forum gold they can get.

d2jsp ftw

Shinji
03-03-2011, 07:06 AM
I was expecting the world to end at 2000 lawl.

ZEPR0
03-03-2011, 07:34 AM
o.o yeahhh game will be out the same year world is gonna end :O =p

C'mon dont believe on those aztec doomsday watever
we could at least play the beta

XFearMyBladeX
03-03-2011, 07:40 AM
C'mon dont believe on those aztec doomsday watever
we could at least play the beta

>.> but but i still wanna do some "naughty" stuffs XD firts thing is run to my neighbor and.... cuz she is soo I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing hot!!!!!

but anyway,i dont spect anything near good or average from cabal2....

ZEPR0
03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Yeah if this game really use cryengine 3 I will definitely play it
but as wat trailer shows graphics is really bad armors are kinda lame

Panda Lee
03-03-2011, 08:02 AM
The trailer looks nice-ish. The uhm 'gear/armor/costume' or whatever you wanna call what the classes were in was kinda . . . . non-inspiring. I haven't been playing cabal for the past few weeks because it hit that dull bar again and so my fiance found global agenda. Pretty sweet game. Good graphics, great pvp matches/games/dungeons. So I'ma be playing that for a while. Haven't abandoned cabal but its that break time again I guess.

I have 140+'s and I'm on the fence about playing C2. I want to be excited about the new stuff and newness of the game. But I'm also afraid that it'll just utterly destroy what I've come to know and like about the game. >.< So conflicting. They're either going to make big bucks or luze losta people. I wish EST would communicate with us a lot more about this game and many other developments. I wanna be excited XD Not surfing the net digging for crap and trying to confirm its authenticity. =<

Panda Lee
03-03-2011, 08:10 AM
There's no confirmation/information (that I know of or have seen, someone else knows please share XD) that this game will be an addition to our existing game or be its own game. Tho I'm pretty sure its gonna be a game of its own from the drastic graphics change and engine . . . e.e so don't get ur hopes up just yet. =d EST likes to crush those =D

Rastan
03-03-2011, 08:10 AM
They will release C2 and probably just add a new server. I wouldn't sell your stuff if you want to play C2 and keep your things.

wait.....you think they're gonna let us migrate our characters to a whole new game?

ReknoWunzz
03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
lololololol

XFearMyBladeX
03-03-2011, 08:50 AM
wait.....you think they're gonna let us migrate our characters to a whole new game?

lol +1

why migrate to a new game when u will probably get 1 hit by any of the new classes. and it is not a update or a patch it is a whole new game sooo it will mean to start all over again. and maybe they give like 30 days of prem to every1 ... WHO KNOWS o.o

macbowes
03-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I think they will keep the current servers, or merge them. Then make a new server as well for people to start on. If you notice on server transfers, it says you cannot transfer to a new server until 180 days (6 months). This C2 release may be why they decided to add that to server transfer notes. It looks like it's the same classes and what not. Knowing ESTsoft, and their love to make money, they will do this and expect everyone to transfer their chars to the new server 6 months later haha.

You have down syndrome. Server transfer doesn't let you transfer your character to an entirely different game.

Sephiroth
03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Unless EST actually provides customer support, EST for me is dead.

Either way, Im done with MMOs, time to move on with life. MMOS = A game you spend 50% your life on so that after a few years you lose all the progress cause the game shuts down or a new version is out, So you have to rinse and repeat, by the time you realized what stupidity you been playing, its too late cause you got a beer belly and your 40 yrs old and your wife left you.

Dexodus
03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
I think they will keep the current servers, or merge them. Then make a new server as well for people to start on. If you notice on server transfers, it says you cannot transfer to a new server until 180 days (6 months). This C2 release may be why they decided to add that to server transfer notes. It looks like it's the same classes and what not. Knowing ESTsoft, and their love to make money, they will do this and expect everyone to transfer their chars to the new server 6 months later haha.

lol why would anyone want to transfer their character anyway (even if you could, being that its a whole new game)? They'd be max lv with nothing to do... that is boring.
anyways its impossible. did you even watch the trailer? completely different game, and even if it was a new patch, no one would need to "transfer their chars"

Unless EST actually provides customer support, EST for me is dead.

Either way, Im done with MMOs, time to move on with life. MMOS = A game you spend 50% your life on so that after a few years you lose all the progress cause the game shuts down or a new version is out, So you have to rinse and repeat, by the time you realized what stupidity you been playing, its too late cause you got a beer belly and your 40 yrs old and your wife left you.

what you explained was a no-lifer's gaming experience...a casual gamer can have fun, lvl, etc and still achieve things irl...lol
btw why are you on the forums? i thought it was "time to move on with life"...

XFearMyBladeX
03-03-2011, 12:12 PM
lol why would anyone want to transfer their character anyway (even if you could, being that its a whole new game)? They'd be max lv with nothing to do... that is boring.
anyways its impossible. did you even watch the trailer? completely different game, and even if it was a new patch, no one would need to "transfer their chars"

what you explained was a no-lifer's gaming experience...a casual gamer can have fun, lvl, etc and still achieve things irl...lol
btw why are you on the forums? i thought it was "time to move on with life"...

this is the part were he says "i was just passing by,just logged to say hi to friends,and on and on" thing is even if u quit cabal u always come back lol

Rowe
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
So after watching this video...... many things come to mind.

1.) who will host it? if EST then dont bother playing for long time no authority or help of anykind
2.) Doesnt look like crysis engine as noted from previous posts. But as also stated if it is full crysis engine not very many people will be able to play because their computer will not be able to handle it. (just because you have a 2 thousand dollar computer from bestbuy doesnt mean you can play it)
3.) why would they put a low rate quality video up if they are trying to promote it??? do some HD good stuff for real.
4.) stop trying to milk the original cabal ideas for all you can get. introduce new class's new costumes. etc...
5.) There are tons of new MMO's coming out. ( Guild Wars 2, Forsaken World [out now OB march 9th], Blade and Soul, etc...) that is alot to compete with for cabal 2 on the western front considering how EST has let cabal go down the drain over here. Wouldnt you think they would do all they could to promote better? example ( first cabal 2 videos are from some dudes cam corder, this second one is low rate crap quality and short as hell with no commentary trying to boost anticipation.)
6.) Am i the only one who notice Cabal is dieing..... (hackers aka. botters, more people quiting then new people playing, No guild wars, Nation Wars are just a farm fest of towers, Cash shop is becoming more of a dependable thing to get what you need) yes i have talked to some players about this and they have put of some great debates on how it isnt dieing and all but dont you want to play a game where you have your questions and problems answered and someone help you and host events where the people running the game are more involved with you.

I have really enjoyed playing cabal and made many great friends and will continue to play cabal from time to time and keep in touch with my friends.

But honestly if cabal 2 is in the not so distant future dont you think EST will use their resources to make that game and promote it and allow cabal1 to fall to the way side of their priorities. And when cabal2 is out how long will EST and other companies still host cabal 1 ???

ZEPR0
03-03-2011, 01:22 PM
So after watching this video...... many things come to mind.

1.) who will host it? if EST then dont bother playing for long time no authority or help of anykind
2.) Doesnt look like crysis engine as noted from previous posts. But as also stated if it is full crysis engine not very many people will be able to play because their computer will not be able to handle it. (just because you have a 2 thousand dollar computer from bestbuy doesnt mean you can play it)
3.) why would they put a low rate quality video up if they are trying to promote it??? do some HD good stuff for real.
4.) stop trying to milk the original cabal ideas for all you can get. introduce new class's new costumes. etc...
5.) There are tons of new MMO's coming out. ( Guild Wars 2, Forsaken World [out now OB march 9th], Blade and Soul, etc...) that is alot to compete with for cabal 2 on the western front considering how EST has let cabal go down the drain over here. Wouldnt you think they would do all they could to promote better? example ( first cabal 2 videos are from some dudes cam corder, this second one is low rate crap quality and short as hell with no commentary trying to boost anticipation.)
6.) Am i the only one who notice Cabal is dieing..... (hackers aka. botters, more people quiting then new people playing, No guild wars, Nation Wars are just a farm fest of towers, Cash shop is becoming more of a dependable thing to get what you need) yes i have talked to some players about this and they have put of some great debates on how it isnt dieing and all but dont you want to play a game where you have your questions and problems answered and someone help you and host events where the people running the game are more involved with you.

I have really enjoyed playing cabal and made many great friends and will continue to play cabal from time to time and keep in touch with my friends.

But honestly if cabal 2 is in the not so distant future dont you think EST will use their resources to make that game and promote it and allow cabal1 to fall to the way side of their priorities. And when cabal2 is out how long will EST and other companies still host cabal 1 ???

+1
BUT Im really looking forward in seeing cry engine 3 in action
even if its like 3/4 of the real thing

macbowes
03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
+1
BUT Im really looking forward in seeing cry engine 3 in action
even if its like 3/4 of the real thing

Go download the Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo, the game is amazzzzzzzzing.