PDA

View Full Version : CABAL installation error after update

Mayala
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Ok idk what is going on, maybe someone can help. After the last update, I tried to log onto CABAL and got the "failure to download launcher, please restart.." message. Usually when it does this all I have to do is reboot and I'm good. Well not this time. After rebooting 4 times, it was still giving me the same message. So I figured I would just uninstall, then re-install CABAL. However, it won't let me do this. Now when I try to download CABAL it says that components are missing and won't download to my computer. Does anybody have any opinions on what I need to do? Appreciate it.

sn0wXz
03-09-2011, 04:47 PM
2 options

first try goin to cabal>launcher folder then delete update.1st file and try re-launching.

or manually delete the game if that doesnt work, and reinstall.

maually deleting: if control panel does not work for this because of the uninstall file, goto c:\program files\cabal online (us) and delete the whole cabalonline (US) folder.
there is no need to worry about the registry entries because they will simply rewrite themselves when you launch the game next time after re-installing.
it shouldnt give you any problems re-installing after deleting the folder itsself.

I myself have 5-6 directories of cabal installed, named random things so it wont matter or cause any problems creating a new directory completely or just another CabalOnline (US) folder after deleting it..

Mayala
03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
And this is where it gets annoying... After I reinstalled CABAL the first time and it gave me the error saying that components were missing, I manually deleted any and everything CABAL related, thinking this has to be why. After I did that, I then tried once again to re-install the game and again, the same thing. It wouldn't download. I'm trying it again and I'll tell you exactly what it says.

Mayala
03-09-2011, 07:29 PM
OK this is exactly what it says, (this was after I tried to install again after deleting all folders and files CABAL related).....
"NSIS Error
Installer integrity check has failed.Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy." And they give me this link...
http://nsis.net/NSIS_Error (which my computer says doesn't work and it always kills the page)
I just don't understand what happened.

sn0wXz
03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
it means the installer you have is old or corrupted compared to the new installer.

result is your going to have to delete that cabal installer and re download fresh source to install your cabal client from.

discard that current one giving you problems.

that installer probably is the answer to why your lv 63 wouldnt load without error.

Mayala
03-10-2011, 04:31 AM
OK I don't understand.....After one update, the installer for CABAL is no longer any good? That seems odd. And I don't understand how to delete the installer. If I already deleted everything CABAL related, where do I find the installer to delete it? And how can I re-download from another source when the only place to download the game is from cabal.com???

Mayala
03-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Sigh..this is getting ridiculous. So I took a wild guess and figured maybe my anti-virus system (Avast) had something to do with CABAL not downloading properly. So I uninstalled it and went forward with the download. Alas, it downloaded. However, for some dumb odd reason, it downloaded Cabal Online (NA-Global). WHY did it do this?? Of course, it's not letting me play this, keeps giving me the "error has been detected by the hacking protection system" message. WTF is wrong with CABAL??!!!