PDA

View Full Version : Why is cabal.com downloading cabal NA-Global???

Mayala
03-10-2011, 07:50 AM
After the update I had some problems with cabal. Long story short, I had to un-install my Avast anti-virus to be able to re-install cabal. However, after downloading I realized that it downloaded Cabal Online (NA-Global), which won't work on my computer. WHY is the US website downloading this crap???

sn0wXz
03-10-2011, 08:22 AM
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9452/dlopening.png

Dont have a clue what your talking about, the client should look like that

"NA_110307_CABAL_Setup.exe"

Mayala
03-10-2011, 09:13 AM
My client did look like that, that's what it supposedly downloaded. It wasn't until after the download was complete, I tried to log into Cabal and it was giving me errors, prompting me to look at the file that I noticed it didn't say Cabal online (US). Instead it said Cabal Online (NA-Global). I have no clue what happened but my client looked exactly as you've posted.

sn0wXz
03-10-2011, 09:30 AM
it doesnt really matter, they coulda simply renamed something to na-global instead of just na....the word global isnt going to make the installer not work

the anti virus probably stops it from installing correctly or corrupts files, i dont have a clue why you cant figure out howto install from a new downloaded copy, guess help desk or something its impossible to even understand what you mean with no actual screenshots or any errors

if they had wrong client on website, i think more people would have had a problem before now... it sounds like somethings wrong with the way your installing, or something on your pc. Even with a Global named installer, theoretically the client could be patched since they are all the same game, just different versions n updates.... Thats why they give option to download full client or just the patch over client from the website

good luck

Mayala
03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't know what's going on...I've been playing for almost 2 years and I've never had a problem to this extreme. Regardless of whether it said na global, or just na, it still wouldn't play after I re-installed it. All it kept doing was giving me the error hacking message. Anti virus has nothing to do with this particular problem because I had to un-install my anti virus just to re- download the damn game. I'm trying to download the game one more time, if it doesn't work, eff it. Tired of screwing with it. I appreciate all your help.

sn0wXz
03-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't know what's going on...I've been playing for almost 2 years and I've never had a problem to this extreme. Regardless of whether it said na global, or just na, it still wouldn't play after I re-installed it. All it kept doing was giving me the error hacking message. Anti virus has nothing to do with this particular problem because I had to un-install my anti virus just to re- download the damn game. I'm trying to download the game one more time, if it doesn't work, eff it. Tired of screwing with it. I appreciate all your help.

Actually its exactly to do with your anti virus, the .erl anti hacking prevention system is gameguard not initializing properly. When the gameguard is not open, the client of cabal detects that heart beat is missing and pops up with that dialog box; to close cabal and prevent hacking...

uninstall your anti virus if you cant properly configure it to install cabal and allow gamemon.des and gameguard.des files

Mayala
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Nooooo it has nothing to do with my anti virus because as I stated, I had to un-install my anti virus just to re-download the game. Meaning.....when I re-downloaded Cabal, there was no anti virus installed on my computer,therefore, nothing to configure

sn0wXz
03-10-2011, 02:36 PM
okie but ive never heard of anti virus preventing a games simple download, its not executed untill a person clicks it...it was giving you the "anti hacking error message" after you uninstalled anti virus then?> You say it wouldnt play after you reinstalled, but this is from new installer fresh downloaded.... why dont you give screenshot of what you mean by "na-global change" you noticed as well, again - i havnt seen many topics about the installer itsself being bad, but i have had corrupted installers that failed integrity checks when trying to install like you, i just re-downloaded and was not problem;

gl