PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! CABAL WON'T WORK ANYMORE. Again

Mayala
03-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Ok let me start from the beginning. After the update before last (when they added the new DX Dungeon) Cabal wouldn't work on my pc anymore. It worked on my laptop still, but not on my pc. When I tried to open cabal on my pc, it kept giving me the "failure to download launcher, plz restart.." message. So after about the 5th time of that, I decided to just un-install then re-install Cabal. I tried to re-install many times without success, it just wouldn't download. Long story short, my anti-virus was for some stupid reason, blocking it from doing so. (I use Avast btw) So, I decided to completely unistall Avast and try to re-download. ALAS, it worked. For some reason it did download Cabal Global NA but atm that's irrelevant. The game finally worked, this being when I had to remove (not just disable) my Avast anti-virus. I played for a couple days to make sure it was completely working, and it was. Well, as we all know, it's a really dumb idea to go around without a lick of anti-virus on your computer, so I re-installed Avast. And once again, Cabal will not work anymore. I try to open up Cabal and Avast tells me that it strongly recommends I open it up in the sandbox (which I'd never even heard of before). So I do but then I always get the hacking message. What the freaking hell??? Please someone, tell me if there's a way to get Avast and Cabal to cooperate again or please enlighten me with other anti-virus programs that actually work and are compatible with Cabal. 21952196219721982199
These are attachments I thought would be necessary to look at. If more are needed, do let me know. I appreciate any help I can get.

Sina
03-16-2011, 08:17 AM
had same issue with avast, fixed it when i removed it (using AVG right now)

John Madden
03-16-2011, 08:30 AM
whats so hard to figure out?.. having no anti virus is not a big deal, wut do you do? Download random .exes for fun or something guy? lolol

so you re-installed it and fkd it up, logic says uninstall anti virus and try again bro.

dont use sandbox you will get banned for trying to bypass gameguard (or so the main page says).

SilverIceForum
03-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Well, normally Cabal runs well with Avast, maybe a new version of Avast is running on your comp, so...

2nd poster mentioned AVG, which from what I've seen can have its issues but is as decent a free a/v solution as Avast.

My third suggestion would be Avira is just as capable as Avast and AVG, I have yet to see any known compatability problems with it playing friendly with Cabal so would suggest Avira b4 AVG though Avast is still my personal favorite.

hth

Mayala
03-16-2011, 01:09 PM
First of all, I'm not a guy/bro. Secondly, if I'm browsing the internet on a pc with absolutely NO anti-virus,then I would say I deserve to get a virus without even being able to complain about it. In my opinion, as I've been showed from experience, NOT having any anti-virus is indeed a big deal. Ty but nty

Mayala
03-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Yea I had AVG but the constant re-download was annoying so I moved onto Avast. I haven't had any problems with Avast until this last update on Cabal. Idk what happened, so stupid. I'll try out Avira next. Thx for replies.

DarkSoul_DST
03-17-2011, 02:44 AM
I use ClamWin works fine and never had a problem with it on any updates.

Roxlyn
03-17-2011, 02:51 AM
i use avast but then again i use Gboost a version of gamebooster tht shut off my antivirus before i play cabal....try getting Gboost

SilverIceForum
03-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Though ClamAV (which ClamWin is based off of) is a tried and tested a/v for the *nix platforms, it has no real time on-access scanner, instead have to manually scan everything that comes in instead of automatically given a preliminary scan as is it goes through memory b4 being written to a system disc. Not really a minus, but if wanted to run naked continually just to play cabal, i'd have an imaged partition of a winxp base install with just cabal to run in it i'd boot into then manually scan the partition once a week for possible infection, if it is infected, write the partition to zeros and write the backup image back to the partition, update cabal, re-image the partition again :/. Most freeware scanners written specifically for the winblowz platform all have on-access and live scanning, even what data is streaming down to you in your browser is scanned. Out of all available, Avast, AVG, and Avira are in my top 3 in order of preference I always suggest, running a Unix/Linux system, ClamAV (command line only and prerequisite of these next two), KlamAV (for the kde desktop), or clamtk (gnome desktop) are your only choices