PDA

View Full Version : Anti virus

ZarkPain
03-18-2011, 07:15 AM
What is a good anti virus that would let you play cabal? And still protect you from other things?

achille32
03-18-2011, 07:18 AM
I use AVG + malwarbytes . and thats all i need to remove any virus.. exept if u do.. wierd stuff on ur comp... often.. :P if not ur set with those 2.

ZarkPain
03-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Is it free?

ElBlancoNino
03-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I have been a PC tech for about 5 years now and every last PC I've ever seen using AVG has had viruses on it. I personally use Avast for my security suite. I am using the Internet Security suite (which is about $60/2 years) but there is a Free Antivirus as well. I have never had an issue with a virus getting through and it is currently rated as the fastest security on the market. Also, MalwareBytes is a good software to have installed, but the free version only is a scanner (it provides no real-time protection).

sn0wXz
03-18-2011, 06:53 PM
the smartest decision would be to not download untrusted software/exes from third party companies, or unknown sources.

Catching a virus from the internet is done through compromising actions, the anti virus often times is alerting you to either a) false positives or b) already untrusted software with malicious code.

rarely would you purchase a product and have it contain a virus or something of some sort, a good trust level and restricted downloading is probably just as effective as having a virus scanner, and you dont have to deal with side effects of anti viruses attaching to processes and vice-versa.